shape
carat
color
clarity

VICTOR CANERA RB HALO RING - MY FOREVER SETTING FINALLY !

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: VICTOR CANERA RB HALO RING - MY FOREVER SETTING FINALLY

When I see this kind of workmanship it really blows me away! I love your set, but I also loved your Steven Kirsch ring too.

May I ask a question.... how does the workmanship compare between the two designers? Also (if this isn't being too rude) can I ask were the prices around the same for both? I'm not asking how much you paid, just if they were in the same price range :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

It seems I have a new favorite PS ring about once a week these days! It's stunning and elegant and I want one!!! :love: I'm happy that you are pleased. I see things in my ring that I think that I would like to change, but nobody else seems to notice, but when you wear it everyday and critique it everyday, the small things can start to drive you crazy. I think your ring is perfection! wear it in good health!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your rings are just gorgeous Frankie - we never get tired of the pictures so please feel free to stop in anytime with more pictures!

Glad you are enjoying the rings now with no reservations!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

hey guys !!

today marks our 1 year wedding anniversary !!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

so i took a photo under the beautiful morning sunlight by the window with DH's wedding band (from VCA) ...

weddingrings1.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

thanks again everyone for your compliments !!!

i will compile all of my pictures tomorrow and post them with more clarity ! i'd be glad to share them !

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

Maisie|1316356053|3020079 said:
When I see this kind of workmanship it really blows me away! I love your set, but I also loved your Steven Kirsch ring too.

May I ask a question.... how does the workmanship compare between the two designers? Also (if this isn't being too rude) can I ask were the prices around the same for both? I'm not asking how much you paid, just if they were in the same price range :))

hi Maisie,

Victor's bench is absolutely 10000% better in my opinion ... the craftsmanship to me comprises of many details (i.e. symmetry, flow, prongs, etc), and Victor's work is possibly the most top notch i have ever seen, surpassing SK and even LM (for my type of setting, i cant speak for other types).

if you go back to my 1st post in this thread you'd see the major points that i stressed about all the time. Victor met all of the criteria while the other 2 designers fell through one way or another, and therefore fueled my un-ending journey of re-setting my stone.

Vicotr's turnaround time is also astoundingly fast. my ring was completed in 10 business days. I also find the setting less likely to leave a mark when bumped/knocked/scratched onto surfaces, compared to SK's setting. I think this is due to Victor uses a mixture of 90% PLT and 10% Iridium. the ring is also the most lightweight out of the 3.

price-wise, i can't speak for what they may be now, but my ring quoted by Victor at the end of this past July was about $1,500-$2000 CHEAPER than SK and LM, isn't that crazy ? the best craftsmanship, the best customer service, the most open communication with the designer, the fastest turnaround time... AND the cheapest !

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it. I have emailed Victor :))

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock

If you don't mind sharing (and you are allowed to say), how much did the setting actually cost? I have no idea what a VC halo setting would go for and I'm quite curious because if I were to ever halo down the road this is what I would want (and I live in LA so I would love to be able to work with someone local). Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

kal2021|1316560760|3021711 said:
If you don't mind sharing (and you are allowed to say), how much did the setting actually cost? I have no idea what a VC halo setting would go for and I'm quite curious because if I were to ever halo down the road this is what I would want (and I live in LA so I would love to be able to work with someone local). Thanks!

I think you will find that most people won't give out how much they spent on their jewelry/diamonds/settings. If you want to know how much a setting is you can probably look on the vendor's website or comtact them directly. I think that is the best way to do it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a fantastic ring1

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock

Sarahbear621|1316562078|3021730 said:
kal2021|1316560760|3021711 said:

I think you will find that most people won't give out how much they spent on their jewelry/diamonds/settings. If you want to know how much a setting is you can probably look on the vendor's website or comtact them directly. I think that is the best way to do it.

I totally understand. With most of the PS vendor's you can get the actual price, or at least a good idea on price, from their websites, but Victor's website doesn't list prices...so I was just hoping to get an idea without having to contact him since I am not serious about resetting any time soon (if ever really). My curiosity just got the best of me. :)

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock

Stunning. more pics

renogirl

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is stunning! And the attention you paid to all the "details" just blows my mind!!!
Happy Anniversary :appl:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

hey Kal !

sorry for the late reply; i haven't been checking PS too often lately... VC's price is very reasonable compared to other jewelers ... the price of my setting totaled at the lower end of $4K, which is surprisingly comparable to BGD! however do keep in mind that it really depends on your ring size / amount of pave and metal / center stone size / complexity of the project. hope this helps !! :wavey:

one more photo :bigsmile: :

photo-58_3.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

frankiextah, do you mind sharing your ring size, and the total mm of the width of your ring, with the halo? i tried stalking your post history to find it for myself, and all i ended up with was knowing it's a 1.72, if that's even still the case. lol. i didn't find any mention of ring size. your ring is AMAZING, btw, and i wish i had a bff like you to scrutinize over things for me. haha. you should be like, hired out, for future fiancés of women to get advise from.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock

No worries, Frankie! I appreciate the response and I am actually surprised the setting wasn't more - like you said, only a little more than a similar setting from BGD. My gosh that beauty looks huge on you!! Glad you are still loving it!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Frankie, your halo setting is one of the most beautiful I have seen. I'm toying with the idea of setting my Mahenge spinel in that (similar) setting. I realize that size and depth of a stone changes the angles, but if it came close to yours I'd be *extremely* happy. It's absolute perfection in every way and the price is really reasonable for the workmanship. I never tire of looking at your photos! :love:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

madelise|1323152557|3075095 said:
frankiextah, do you mind sharing your ring size, and the total mm of the width of your ring, with the halo? i tried stalking your post history to find it for myself, and all i ended up with was knowing it's a 1.72, if that's even still the case. lol. i didn't find any mention of ring size. your ring is AMAZING, btw, and i wish i had a bff like you to scrutinize over things for me. haha. you should be like, hired out, for future fiancés of women to get advise from.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you're hilarious ! actually the center stone size is 2.32ct (8.5mm in diameter), inclusive of the halo, the total diameter is 11.5mm. my ring size is 4.75.

believe it or not i have had the honor to help a couple of friends out, one of which is going to be proposed to this friday and she doesn't know this!! can't wait !!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

frankiextah|1323236669|3075879 said:

you're hilarious ! actually the center stone size is 2.32ct (8.5mm in diameter), inclusive of the halo, the total diameter is 11.5mm. my ring size is 4.75.

believe it or not i have had the honor to help a couple of friends out, one of which is going to be proposed to this friday and she doesn't know this!! can't wait !!

wahhh. :( I need a friend like you! how lucky she is. you seriously have an eye for perfection, and for something that symbolizes love and a marriage, nothing short of perfection is necessary! i am absolutely jealous of your ring size and ring! it looks wonderful for you, LARGE, but still a very classy large. now.. how do i calculate the proportions for my big ol' fingers? :naughty:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

madelise|1323812621|3080771 said:
frankiextah|1323236669|3075879 said:

wahhh. :( I need a friend like you! how lucky she is. you seriously have an eye for perfection, and for something that symbolizes love and a marriage, nothing short of perfection is necessary! i am absolutely jealous of your ring size and ring! it looks wonderful for you, LARGE, but still a very classy large. now.. how do i calculate the proportions for my big ol' fingers? :naughty:

most people start with budget :razz:

why2not

Rough_Rock

madelise|1323812621|3080771 said:
it looks wonderful for you, LARGE, but still a very classy large. now.. how do i calculate the proportions for my big ol' fingers? :naughty:

So Frankie is ring size 4.75 which means the inner diameter of the shank is 15.49mm. Guessing at shank size, say it is 1.8mm. Since we have shank on both sides, we actaully need to double this. So her ring outside diameter (across the ring) is (15.49+1.8+1.8)=19.08

Her halo is 11.5mm. So her halo vs shank OD comes in at 11.5/19.08 = .603 or 60.3%

For your to keep the same porportions in a larger size your calcuation becomes:
(ring size + shank size+shank size)*.603 = halo size

Example: say you have size 7 finger and want to go with slightly bigger shank to keep shank to ring size the same as frankie's also.
In this case, size 7 is 17.32 so you end up with shank size of (17.32/15.49)*1.8 = 2.01

So (17.32+2.01+2.01)*.602 =12.8mm halo

Note: I am guessing her shank size so if you truly want a accurate scaling, you need to find that out and re-start at the beginning, but hopefully this will get you there. Good luck!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

why2not|1323868363|3081375 said:
So Frankie is ring size 4.75 which means the inner diameter of the shank is 15.49mm. Guessing at shank size, say it is 1.8mm. Since we have shank on both sides, we actaully need to double this. So her ring outside diameter (across the ring) is (15.49+1.8+1.8)=19.08

Her halo is 11.5mm. So her halo vs shank OD comes in at 11.5/19.08 = .603 or 60.3%

For your to keep the same porportions in a larger size your calcuation becomes:
(ring size + shank size+shank size)*.603 = halo size

Example: say you have size 7 finger and want to go with slightly bigger shank to keep shank to ring size the same as frankie's also.
In this case, size 7 is 17.32 so you end up with shank size of (17.32/15.49)*1.8 = 2.01

So (17.32+2.01+2.01)*.602 =12.8mm halo

Note: I am guessing her shank size so if you truly want a accurate scaling, you need to find that out and re-start at the beginning, but hopefully this will get you there. Good luck!

oh my god, haha. slg47 is right. it starts with BUDGET! there's no way i can afford that :lickout: 12.8mm halo, center stone would have to be 3.5-4 cts! haha. where's my magic genie when i need him!

marygrace

Shiny_Rock

If I get a custom setting, this thread will be really helpful.

The final ring is beautiful. I prefer it over the others, even though they are beautiful too.

kathness

Shiny_Rock

I love your ring OP, its beautiful!!

I cannot wait until i create my own VC ring! ( a couple of years time :) :D :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

shannonryan9

Rough_Rock

This ring is absolutely amazing.. my dream ring! Do you mind if I ask how many carats the center stone is?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

shannonryan9|1374165252|3485585 said:
This ring is absolutely amazing.. my dream ring! Do you mind if I ask how many carats the center stone is?

In this thread I think it was her 2.3ct diamond. I just remember it was 8.5mm

Dinht415

Rough_Rock

How big is the center stone?

Dinht415

Rough_Rock

Thanks. 2.3 ct

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock

I don't know how I missed this earlier - this ring is INSANE!! Everything about it is absolutely perfect, you are one lucky lady!! Wear it in good health! :appl: :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

So beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results