shape
carat
color
clarity

VICTOR CANERA RB HALO RING - MY FOREVER SETTING FINALLY !

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
Re: VICTOR CANERA RB HALO RING - MY FOREVER SETTING FINALLY

close up :

14_0.jpg

and finally a little bit of a real life perspective :

15_0.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

princessfeedme|1313137664|2989185 said:
Frankie,

I'm most content in the shadows and rarely feel compelled to comment, but I must say this Victor Canera ring is breathtaking! I've followed your journey through the various design changes, and I admit at times I thought you were just too critical. However, now that I see this masterpiece, I understand. I have never been able to verbalize why the halo's profile is not attractive to me until now. The profile view of most of the halo's out there look too much like donuts or inflatable swim trainers, or even like UFO ships. The tilt angle on the halo makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE! Victor Canera's craftsmanship is unparalleled, and I'm a halo convert. Not only that, I'm truly impressed by your critical eyes and relentless pursuit for perfection. I hope you continue to love this (hopefully final) incarnation of your ring. Wear it in good health!

Cheers,
pFEEDme

hi princess,

i totally agree, i did not like any halo settings until i came across pricescope and see that if a halo is done right, it's the most gorgeous thing in the world! but yes it's definitely tricky and it took me many tries and heart breaks before getting here. i'm really glad that i've posted the specs of this setting so that fellow PSers can use this as reference ::)

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

slg47|1313197388|2989762 said:
beautiful! I really like the angle on the halo. I have been impressed by all of Victor's pieces on PS. I wish we had known about him when I was looking for my ring!

Frankie may I ask why you went with the re-set?

thankyou for your compliments !

well, besides a problem with the ring maker's integrity behind my previous setting, there were also some optical and symmetry imperfections (to my eyes). in addition, the prongs are super tiny and are not really secure enough especially for the size of the center diamond. i decided not to go back for a revision because i really did not believe that the way that the jeweler's jewelry making method could achieve my ring would ever be the way i had really wanted.

in terms of the tilt of the halo, i originally thought i needed 30 degrees and am really thankful that victor talked me out of it because 25 degrees is really perfect ! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it with the band too! The set looks very beautiful and elegant on your hand - enjoy! :appl:

LGK

Ideal_Rock

Wow. Victor's micropave really is top of the line! I'm so glad you finally found a setting that makes your heart sing. (And I do totally empathize- my current setting which is also by Victor, is my 3rd as well.)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Looks great! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: That is friggin amazing. I truly hope you love this and this is the final forever setting! I love the matching band. Do they sit flush or will you be wearing that 1mm spacer with this?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is just gorgeous!!! :love: Did he make the wedding band as well?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

thank you everyone for your sweet comments ! I am still super in love with the setting and won't be changing it

(unless of course if the center stone gets bigger that is :naughty: )

the band is not by VC, but it does look almost identical to the ER band. since both rings do not move around on my finger, i'm actually able to separate them on the finger enough that they do not sit flush or even rub at all. it's summer time right now so i still have my platinum 1mm spacer as a backup in the event that my finger gets smaller and the rings end up moving around in the winter time.

thankyou again for everyone's support in my OCD ring journey. i'm so happy to report to you all that this journey has happily ended and now i can finally truly enjoy my beautiful ring. :praise:

i'm planning to get my ring re-appraised (due to the price inflation and also with the change of settings) so i will have more detailed info if anyone has any more specific questions.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Frankie, this ring is simply PERFECTION!!!!! :love: :love: :love: The other 2 versions were beautiful too but I definitely understand that if something bothers you, you have to change it! Glad you have a ring that you are happy with :appl: What an absolutely gorgeous set. If I ever decide to reset my ring into a halo, PS has definitely sold me on Victor.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I do think you truly have OCD :) but I love seeing the outcome of it. It is stunning.

I will do that one day for my next re-set but for now I am staying put.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I love it. Reset it a million times for all I care, how you spend your money is not my business. But this one is perfection.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

one more real life perspective photo ... holding an ice-cream sandwich under natural day light ;))

photo(58)_0.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a STUNNING halo! I give a girl credit for knowing what she wants and is determined to get it ;))

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

Amazing ring, and that stone is MASSSIIIVVVEE ::)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

DAYUM. That is some rlp alright. I guess I should do that too.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock

Frankie,

I am not sure if you still check this or not......but can you tell me if Victor made your ring so your wedding band can sit flush with
your e-ring????? I am working on a project with him and want the wedding band to sit flush with the RB pave halo. Thanks!

LOVE your ring so much! Hope you are enjoying it!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

As a fellow obsessive person, by any chance .. can you do a comparison photo of all three rings?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

kimber418|1315947706|3016778 said:
Frankie,

I am not sure if you still check this or not......but can you tell me if Victor made your ring so your wedding band can sit flush with
your e-ring????? I am working on a project with him and want the wedding band to sit flush with the RB pave halo. Thanks!

LOVE your ring so much! Hope you are enjoying it!

hi Kimber ,

sorry for the delayed response ! i haven't been checking back too often so i just saw this ! still in love with my ring and won't change it a bit (unless of course, the center stone size changes hehehe)

i took a few photos for you so hopefully these will help ... the wedding band does not sit flush with the e-ring, due to the fact that there is a donut at the bottom being in the way. the photos below shows the closest the wedding band can sit to the e-ring. i don't usually wear the rings that way because the donut has pave on the side (which would cause scratching and damaging of the wedding band).

i do really like how the set looks as such though !

27_1.jpg

25_0.jpg

if you wish to have your wedding band sit flush with your e-ring you would have to make sure the "donut" part comes to a POINT and sitting on top of the pave ring shank. essentially you do not want extra "width" coming off the sides of the ring shank at all.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

i'm on a roll so might as well post one more photo of the set... hehe :tongue:

26_0.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

HOLY CRAP! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ya know, I'm not normally a fan of gaps, but it really works in this case. I feel like it almost balances it out. It looks great. I'm glad you're happy. Now it's time to work on a RHR. ;-)

dani13

Ideal_Rock

SOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

poprocks

Rough_Rock

Thanks for posting more pictures for us to oggle over!

I've always thought the halo design are beautiful but never actually wanted one for myself until I saw yours. Simply stunning! Something to add to my wish list and I wouldn't want anyone else but Victor to make it.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock

holy cow what a gorgeous ring! :cheeky:

kimber418

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much Frankie! This helped so much! Victor is making my daughter's engagement ring (Emilya Round Brilliant) and I have
been asked by my future SIL to find the perfect setting, etc. I have so enjoyed working with Victor. Thank you for all your input
on Pricescope as I would be lost without all this information! That goes for all of you!

I will make sure I get a photo of it after it is finished! Thanks again. We decided to not make any revisions to the donut part of the ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, your ring is gorgeous Frankie!! :love: :love: :love:
Wear in health and happiness!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmyPoo|1315955102|3016861 said:
As a fellow obsessive person, by any chance .. can you do a comparison photo of all three rings?

I second this request and also perhaps a descriptive comparison of the 3, please.

I love all 3 of yr ring settings but I do def love this the most; but to be absolutely honest, I struggle to see ALL the differences (however minute) in all three versions. It'd be very helpful for me and also am sure other posters to be able to discern the differences and consequently decide how to spend the money (a huge chunk it is too).

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, this is incredibly gorgeous! Your ring is the most Harry Winston-looking ring I have seen yet.

Can I ask how Victors prices were compared to Leon and Steven Kirsch? Thnx

jakluk4

Rough_Rock

STUNNING! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results