color
clarity

Victor Canera cathedral Emilya is here!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its GORGEOUS!! (of course- who'd expect anything less, from VC!!) and it looks so sweet on your daughter!! Careful--- don't let her get too attached to it!! LOL :wink2:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! And I love the cathedral shank. I think it is so graceful and makes for such a pretty profile and side view.

big_spark

Rough_Rock
So pretty on you! Definitely looks bigger than 1.35!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, that turned out GREAT!!!! :love: :love: :love: I love the cathedral version! And I agree that it makes your diamond look at least 2 cts!!! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring LS!.. :love: :appl:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again!

I have a quote from Victor for the matching band and am waiting to hear about his engraved one. The pave is perfection so I can only imagine what a full eternity pave band from him is like.

_21826.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1409448383|3742203 said:
Thanks again!

I have a quote from Victor for the matching band and am waiting to hear about his engraved one. The pave is perfection so I can only imagine what a full eternity pave band from him is like.

Your new pic :love:

Looking forward to learn which band you are getting to add to your ring. Are you considering the fully engraved band as an alternative for the pave band or the engraved band with a few tiny diamonds?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is gorgeous! Love the cathedral shank! :love:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's adorable, you must be very happy :wavey:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
A couple of new pics, including one on my sister's claw-like hands. I've been wearing it with a 1.5mm platinum band until I get the matching band.

_22374.jpg

_22375.jpg

_22376.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Love your ring, and am considering the same one!

What kind of pave did Victor use?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker|1410812450|3751406 said:
Very pretty. Love your ring, and am considering the same one!

What kind of pave did Victor use?

Thanks! Do you mean what style of pave? It's the cutdown aka shallow u-cut pave- .43ctw. Not sure of color or clarity though.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, you answered my question

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Wow Logan fire it turned out absolutely beautifully with the cathedral, ofcourse I knew Victors work would be stunning either way. Im not completely matchy matchy but I do love Victors pave and if I was keeping my emilya as my erring I would have gotten the matching band. Good luck with your choice and enjoy your gorgeous ring.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring; the lines of the cathedral arms appeal to me so much. The workmanship is exquisite; I echo paulav; I'd have wanted the pave band to go with as well- that pave is out of this world! Congratulations!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I love the slope of the cathedral; I had a three stone trellis before and its slope was like child's play compared to the Emilya's.

I don't know when the matching band will be possible. We just had sod installed and plan to replace our drafty backdoor and screendoor this winter. We're also taking the kids to Disney in January for the first time, and that trip will cost several matching bands! My husband's email to me did say that we should hold off for now due to all the upcoming expenses. Rationally I can't argue with that, but I'm holding on to the "for now" part until later. :naughty:

When I first got this ring, I think I expected it to solve world peace due to the way that VC's work is so lauded and hyped. Obviously it didn't do that (!), but the more I wear it and stare at it, the more I fall in love with it and appreciate his craftsmanship. I do believe the hype is real! I'll be in Charleston next month and will run to Croghan's to visit with their Singlestone collection- can't wait to see how the Emilya compares to SS. Both have such amazing pieces!

lnl001

Rough_Rock
Simply awesome!! Hard to believe it's a 1.35! Looks so much bigger!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous! Can you take a closer pic with it coupled with the ruby/diamond band? - it looks amazing!!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this ring!! :love: I think it might be perfect lol - and I love the plain band with it!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1410879041|3751852 said:
Really gorgeous! Can you take a closer pic with it coupled with the ruby/diamond band? - it looks amazing!!!!!

Here you go- just took some quick shots and one I couldn't resist while shopping. Had to do that one on the sly!

The band isn't a great match- there's a color difference in the metals (it's white gold) so it looks grayer compared the the VC.

_22424.jpg

_22425.jpg

_22426.jpg

_22427.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back to enjoy your fabulous eye candy. Love love love your new pics. I like the combi with the ruby band. On the pics I cannot see the colour difference by the way.

Enjoy your beauty!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning! The cathedral is soooo nice for being able to wear a band and have it sit just below your halo, and your center diamond is fantastic - the faceting is gorgeous & it looks huge!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LoganSapphire :wavey:

I wondered what you did with your three stone ring after you re-set this stone? IIRC, you had a 3-stone with a smaller center, then replaced it with the 1.25 (the VC is gorgeous!), then had the 1.25 halo'd. So what became of the 3 stone?

It's like an evolving story, and I want to know how it ended! :))

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
mrs-blop|1413392775|3767436 said:

I wondered what you did with your three stone ring after you re-set this stone? IIRC, you had a 3-stone with a smaller center, then replaced it with the 1.25 (the VC is gorgeous!), then had the 1.25 halo'd. So what became of the 3 stone?

Hi Mrs. Blop!

The three stone is no more.

Started out with a .78ct E VS1 solitaire; good cut.
Went to a three stone with .83ctw H ideal cut sides, with .78 in middle.
Kept sides and upgraded to a very good cut H 1.20ct.
Traded in the entire three stone for the 1.35 G GIA triple X and had it haloed.

It was very important to me to be able to get the diamond and halo without spending any new money, so I sold a bunch of stuff and my local jeweler (Quest) was very good to me in accepting my three stone as trade in.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1413393482|3767440 said:

Hi Mrs. Blop!

It was very important to me to be able to get the diamond and halo without spending any new money, so I sold a bunch of stuff and my local jeweler (Quest) was very good to me in accepting my three stone as trade in.

Wow! That's hitting all bases! :)

I love your current ring - it's elegant and, to my eye, a perfect size on you. But I wanted to add that I used to love your three stone ring. It was one of my favorites on PS. I'm glad Quest was good to you re your trade and facilitated you getting your current beauty - but I will always have fond memories of your 3 stone.

Congratulations on your 'arrival' ring - and it's nice to think you had some lovely rings along the way!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful halo, it looks so much bigger :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
mrs-blop|1413408474|3767573 said:
Logan Sapphire|1413393482|3767440 said:

Hi Mrs. Blop!

Wow! That's hitting all bases! :)

I love your current ring - it's elegant and, to my eye, a perfect size on you. But I wanted to add that I used to love your three stone ring. It was one of my favorites on PS. I'm glad Quest was good to you re your trade and facilitated you getting your current beauty - but I will always have fond memories of your 3 stone.

Congratulations on your 'arrival' ring - and it's nice to think you had some lovely rings along the way!

Thanks! My husband prefers the three stone so you're not alone!

And thanks too, Monnyjay!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire -

My niece is considering haloing her 1ct oval, currently set in a solitaire. Do you happen to have any comparison side/by/side mocked up shots, or could you possibly post one of your solitaire so I can do something similar and show her? I think your solitaire -> halo is one of the best examples on PS. I looked in the solitaire to halo thread, but can't find yours there.

And I hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying your glorious new ring! :wavey:

toade

Rough_Rock
Logan,

Did you request a thinner halo on your ring? I noticed yours is much more delicate, with a total of 24 melee diamonds. Most of the other smaller halos have 16-20. Even Frankie's 3CT halo only has 24 and her original was only 20.

I'm having an Emilya done by Victor (probably 1.08CT) and I'm trying to decide how delicate to make the halo. I'm thinking 24 is probably too delicate for such a small stone, but maybe a little more than the standard 16 (Harry Winston also uses 16 for 1CT size rings).

Are you happy with the thinner halo? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results