shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Very lucky woman - James Meyer goodness

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I'm so delighted to say that my sweet man proposed three weeks ago - not completely out of the blue, but out of the blue-ish. There's lots I could say, but most of it is just relevant to us - and most of that is said. But it was perfect and involved a sunny beech wood, dog walking and.... James Meyer

Pics anyone, there are a few! Forgive pls, but I'm so delighted and I want to share, also for anyone thinking of purchasing from him.

Let's set the scene :appl:

P1020222.jpeg

P1020333.jpeg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
And with my other James Meyer beauties. The man's work is so lovely, photos can't do it justice but I'll have a try :twirl:

Final one of my new beauty - so happy I can't stop looking at it :appl:

P1020720_2.jpeg

P1010396.jpeg

P1010702.jpeg

P1010631.jpeg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
The happy couple :love:

.... and a real life perspective. oh 5.25 finger - 1.48 cushion, J VS1 (but EGI). I see some colour in some lights and at some angles. But, to me, that just adds to the stone's character and interest. I did have a d colour once, and in all honesty I truly prefer this - although that is also due to the fact that James' work is such a delight and that we bought a piece of jewellery rather than a stone and then a setting. The fact that my 'fiancé' is such a good, dear, funny friend and companion helps a tad too!!!

A while ago, when we were thinking of this ring, I asked fellow Mayer owning prices copers how high this design sat and if they found it inconvenient. They all said it was very comfortable and they were absolutely right. I sleep and do everything except my yoga classes in this (I'm not sporty otherwise) and it fees safe, comfortable and only noticeable for its beauty. can't fee its on.

Stone size: personally i would not want to go any bigger. It has presence but because the setting is so delicate, I wear it, it doesn't wear me. And I'm the sort of person that feels foolish in a hat.

Yellow gold, platinum wraps and bezel. For my skin tone and the stone's colour, its perfect.

Bands: we'll go visit the Meyers later in the year and will buy the matching bands. can't wait. First real holiday in the States, two weeks mostly in Maine. This is such a great year (and I speak with a very recently dislocated shoulder :tongue: )

That's my great news. Hope May was as good to you :wavey:

us in sun on downs.jpg

P1030018.jpeg

purplesilk

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Beautiful beautiful ring!!!
More pictures please!!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thaaaankyou Purple silk :wavey:
Oh well, okay then (I have taken a crrrrazy amount, hard to chose which to post) One more then supper for my step kids....

P1010537.jpeg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, and the photos are gorgeous! The real life shots show you are correct: You wear it beautifully, it does NOT wear you!

I adore your pendant beyond words!! I have recently been wanting a pendant, something substantial, and yours is right up my ally. Now I need to look it up ::)

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, thanks for the compliment. I'm really not a showy person and I think that's why I love James Meyer's work - its more like wearing little works of art. Here's another shot of the pendent, but it does have its own post somewhere.

I wear these pieces all the time - yaaaaay and now will with my engagement ring. So I don't have a collection of rings and can't imagine more than one watch. So I'm kinda done now :) I have a remaining wrist for when I'm feeling like a change :twirl:

P1010318.jpeg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful!!! You and your fiance look so happy!
Congratulations

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
***Applause!!!*** Yay!!! What beautiful photos!! I must admit I got a little teary-eyed at the first photo of you and your FI!! Look at just how lovely and happy you both are in that photo!! Love your ring too! Tell us more!!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Loves Vintage - thanks so much!!! Yes we are really happy about it. We're in our 40s and we've both been married before, so there was a bit of soul searching about why get married at all. We've been together for three years, lived together for half the time for two years and now altogether with his three children for a year. And it was just what we felt right doing.

I adopted a dog, three years ago, (May first) and needed a vet. My lovely dog walker suggested her vet, who she said was really great. And so off I went. Waited for a while in his waiting room and in he walked. And I thought Wow. It took time to work it all out. He was recently separated so we went slowly, 'specially for the kids.

But as you can see, it worked out well! I went into adopt a dog and I ended up with my man, my three step kids, and their dog!!! You never do know what's around the corner!! Cliché but true. And there have been times when I honestly couldn't imagine holding another person's hand ever again. Or feel a partner's arm around my shoulder. Keep the faith, I say :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Of course the pictures are wonderful and the ring is gorgeous. But what I am most struck by is what kind and good people you look like. You both look happy and at peace and like wonderful people whom I'm sure I would love to have in my life. It is not often that all that comes through in a handful of photos...(watch - now you'll tell me you just finished robbing a bank! :lol: )

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, congratulations!! Your ring is absolutely beautiful, and your happiness shines through in your posts. What lovely photos, thank you for sharing them with us! :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughinggravy0|1338837074|3209030 said:
Loves Vintage - thanks so much!!! Yes we are really happy about it. We're in our 40s and we've both been married before, so there was a bit of soul searching about why get married at all. We've been together for three years, lived together for half the time for two years and now altogether with his three children for a year. And it was just what we felt right doing.

I adopted a dog, three years ago, (May first) and needed a vet. My lovely dog walker suggested her vet, who she said was really great. And so off I went. Waited for a while in his waiting room and in he walked. And I thought Wow. It took time to work it all out. He was recently separated so we went slowly, 'specially for the kids.

But as you can see, it worked out well! I went into adopt a dog and I ended up with my man, my three step kids, and their dog!!! You never do know what's around the corner!! Cliché but true. And there have been times when I honestly couldn't imagine holding another person's hand ever again. Or feel a partner's arm around my shoulder. Keep the faith, I say :)

Thank you for a truly wonderful story!

This is really good to hear - part of me feels like I'll be just fine without ever having another partner, but then when I see a truly happy, partnered couple like you, I really I miss it and hope some day...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You have won the love lottery - what a great story! Love your ring- it seems to suit your personality!!

Wonderful, so happy for you!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations...love your story and the gorgeous ring. You 2 look so happy. :appl: :appl: :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring and your sweet love story! Congrats on finding your special man.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I'm so touched you are noticing us more than the bling - that's lovely! Really!
Minousbijoux - I was also totally accepting the idea of being alone. It felt fine, and actually, one of the things we've worked on it my need for solitude. I have gone from living in a really wonderful little apartment alone, in control of my space and tranquil with that, to a smallish apartment with three kids, 7, 13 and 15 plus two dogzzz plus my sweetheart.

So all of us have had to adapt and its the fact that the motivation to put in the necessary understanding that makes it work.

I'd say if you are thinking it would be nice to be in a couple again, do things that will put you in the way of like-minded people. I took up book binding and got qualified. I didn't meet anyone at the classes, but did something I loved and got a qualification on the way.

We are truly happy, but we work at it.

I was a bit relationship phobic even before I met him so I was seeing a really good therapist and we just started seeing him together, from the beginning. It was a complex situation, he was single, his ex had walked out months earlier, but there were the three children and she had changed her mind when she realised we were serious. And a house to sell, his vet practice to move, and so on and so on. So we started right off seeing a therapist, whose think of as a gardener really. we work on our own garden, but sometimes you are up too close and can't see the woods for the trees and so he's our head gardener : ) "There's weed over there - you might want to consider watering a bit more over here. Check out whose turn it is for the watering can" and so on.

Three years down the line and we still see the guy about once a fortnight, once a month. Often going with nothing really on our minds - sometimes going hopping mad. It's such a blessing in this society of ours where family maybe is less close (or too close) or religion has less of a role. Its so good to have a kind, professional, third party to share ideas with. I'm sure that's the reason we made it through those complex first months, year....

edited: just to add that his ex was ok with the idea of us after only a few months and she and I get on quite well, I know she appreciates the relationship I have with children.

and BWWWha ahaha you heard about that bank job already!! darn i'd hoped we'd kept that secret a little longer.

Dear Laila, thank you!! I am walking around with a daft smile and the ring is such a distraction to me!!! I keep staring at it :tongue:

Enerchi - and. he. is. so. HANDSOME (he he he - I remember before we got together, seeing him walking down the street with his dog by his side and thinking - I want one of THOSE!!! That was before I knew he was single =) ) I know that's the icing on the cake - its damn nice icing :)
As for the suiting personality comment, thanks for that, I'm so lucky to have three pieces from James Meyer, it really does 'fit' me. I had the same nice comment about my pendant when started a thread on that.

Mrs W - Such a lovely piece of work given to me as request for marriage but such a lovely man. I'm must have done something really good in a past life!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

The ring is absolutely stunning, and looks quite at home with your collection!

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
I love your ring!! Please post more pics-I'd love to see a profile and up close pics. Congrats on your engagement!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO happy for y ou on every front!!!!!! Now - MORE pictures!!!

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
The pic of the dog with the ring is AMAZING!!! So cute!!!!!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, more pix with self indulgent pleasure!! :) But tomorrow, because its past 11pm here and time for bed.

Thanks again, so much, for your kinds words and best wishes - we're both genuinely touched. :wavey:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
LLCALI - had to respond to that just before putting 'pooter to sleep - that's Molls and she knew she had to sit very verrrry still. I had put her on a patch of grass which was flat so that if it feel off her nose I'd find it easily.

A fun one - cool earrings huh!? Good thing about living with kids are the little rubber kangaroos one stumbles across! 'Specially the ones that are telling you about the size of the fish that got away.

A couple more profile and basket pics tomorrow it I'm not boring the pants off you yet!

P1010800.jpeg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous...so happy for you!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is the most heartwarming proposal story I've read on PS - it all seems so 'right' - you, the man, the family and the ring!

It's all beautiful and I thank you for sharing your story! Best wishes to all of you for a wonderful life together!

None of us would be opposed to many, many more pictures! Love your ring!

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous! I love James Meyer... and it looks huge!

Looks much bigger than my 1.57 cushion :lol:

Congrats on the beautiful ring and engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results