shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Very lucky woman - James Meyer goodness

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning ring and a wonderful collection. Congratulations on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet story! I am so happy for both of you! :appl:

The ring is just gorgeous! :love: I love James Meyer and am just sad he is semi-retired!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely lovely, but not nearly as lovely as your story. Thank you for sharing both with us!

Somehow it seems fitting that the relationship you've cultivated so carefully and worked so hard at - and apparently, never took for granted - is symbolized by a hand-forged ring.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful proposal, the setting is so beautiful and romantic! The ring is beyond stunning, and you two make such a great looking couple!! Congratulations!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love each & every detail of the story, the gems, the settings, the watch pal, pups & people! Are you my sistah from another mother!? (I wish! HA!)

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I often find myself lurking because I have a Pricescope generated password that I have to cut and paste to log in and I don't often get round to it. I need to change it to something more memorable. But what I want to say is how many names here are those that I have read with pleasure in other threads. I am delighted to have you guys comment on my ring and our situation because I value what you have to say. :wavey:

Deco I remember cracking up when you came up with your disclaimer so its really cool to be able to say hi!

Dandi - thanks dear. I have to say that I jumped on other hikers to take our photos - so that was our engagement shoot. There were three of them and each one was so happy to help out and take some shots. And what was really nice was that we knew that they'd remember that walk too, I explained we'd just got engaged :love: . So they may not remember the walk quite as fondly as us maybe, but it cool to involve other people.

VRBeauty, that's a very touching comment. We've been in close contact with Jim for about three years now. Ever since I first saw the pendant on his site and just couldn't run to it. Then he had a sale, don't know if you guys remember that, and suddenly it was just about feasible. And we haven't gone anywhere else since. He's such a nice man and he and my dear man seem to get on really well. I'm so looking forward to meeting him at the end of Summer - we're coming all the way from Belgium. It is cool to have something so individual, it's about the whole craftsmanship of the piece rather than just the stone. Not that, of course, there's anything wrong with going that route. As a bookbinder, I really appreciate what goes into hand made work.

Diamondseeker, he says he's finding it surprisingly hard to step back from jewellery making - oooh good, I get to use one of my fave emoties :Up_to_something: he he he

Rose, I'm so pleased with how all pieces work together, thanks for noticing that. I think its because up until my early 40s I enjoyed semi precious stones in silver and have some lovely stuff that isn't coherent at all. Like my wardrobe, when I open the door I have lots of stuff that doesn't work together and leaves me in my smalls scratching my head as I try and get ready for work. But the 'finer'/'real' (whatever the word is) jewellery came when I was older and had a clearer idea of who I was. Actually, thinking of it, that's a bit analogous with the relationship. I'm more coherent and clearer about myself now. About time at 46!

Newjewels - thanks dear - could be the angle of the pix you know. It's a stone dating from around the late 1800s according to Jim, the culet is not perfectly centred so it could be that its not a great cut. Its fiery and I love it, but maybe yours is cut better :)

Miss - more pics forthwith - thanks for the go ahead. I'm really enjoying myself, but I don't want to be a bore!

I sent Jim the photo of Molls with ring on her nose and he thought it was great but pointed out that its a good job I hadn't taught her the 'wait to toss head and snap up treat on nose trick'!!! And actually I have!!!! So the ring falling off onto the grass could have been the least of my worries (yaaaay, my other fave emotie - didn't think I'd be able to use either of these on this thread!) :-o

Ok i'm going to cover the points I found useful when we were working out how to go (because I was tempted by the AVC at one point) But just to say Coati has much better pics and someone-berry has a ring that is the same model (vine and leaf). Darn, can't remember the nice lady's username. Not the ever-lovely Sillyberry, another berry....... If she's around perhaps she'll say. Because those photos are good too and helped me a lot.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Height off hand - this point really worried me because Jim's photos made it look like there was a significant gap between culet and the ring base. Others with his rings reassured me that the piece would sit low enough in reality not to catch on anything or bang against surfaces. I'm finding that to be absolutely true. It is really comfortable to wear.

Here are some shots for this point:

P1010764.jpeg

P1010773.jpeg

P1010765.jpeg

P1010724.jpeg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
stone colour, its a K guys, I checked after signing off last night, not L as I said at the start. And that's EGL USA.

Personally I love the colour because I really do think it adds to the character. So here is it as visible as it possibly can be and another couple of shots to show how colourless it can face up. I like the change from one lighting environment to another. I have had a D (perhaps E, can't remember) and that was always colourless, of course. I really do prefer the variety. But as others have pointed out, many times, colour in older stones can be really charming. This is an antique stone set in a vaguely art nouveau setting in yellow gold. So its the whole package that works. Having said that, I love the stone, it's very fiery - big rainbows all the time. Way more fiery than my asscher was.

Colour pics now:

P1010496.jpeg

P1030092.jpeg

P1030149.jpeg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
And now for details of the basket and setting itself.....

P1010507.jpeg

P1010500.jpeg

P1010501.jpeg

P1010569.jpeg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
And a couple of others for fun. (more fun, I should say)

Ring farming anyone :naughty: D'you think it'll work :) roses, candle light.... I'll keep you posted :wink2:

You've been so kind about us ourselves, that I'll put one more up - I don't like the way you can see my teeth in this one. Massive antibiotics as a small kid let me be around long enough to enjoy this day, but with discoloured teeth. Ouch. But hey, it is what it is.

And a natural cathedral - awe inspiring setting for a such a special day.

Thanks for sharing the moment with us guys - its really added to our pleasure!

P1010698.jpeg

P1010349.jpg

P1020531.jpeg

P1020580.jpeg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, beautiful ring. BTW, love your haircolor.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the additional pictures - your ring is absolutely stunning! I can see why you are so pleased. Can't wait to see what bands you guys decide on.

One more question - if I may - how did you come up with the name LaughingGravy? It makes me chuckle everytime I see it and now I equate it with your beautiful smile!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Your ring and diamond are beautiful! He really does incredible work huh!! :love: It really appears to capture your personality, and I think that is so important. Gorgeous collection! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your romance story is so heartwarming and the beautiful ring is a wonderful compliment to your love. Congratulations!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Missgotrocks - laughingravy :) :) early Laurel and Hardy film - he was their scruffy terrier-like dog. Can't remember the title of the film. Google would know. Wonderful name for a dog, but hard for a dog to hold on to and remember - too many syllables. Otherwise I'd have used it for one of my dogs. So I used it for me instead, as, on a good day, I can handle syllables. My old avatar, under Laughingravy without the 0 was a pic of the dog in question.

Thanks Bright Ice - comments like yours I won't forget and they do, even coming from people i'll never meet, make the whole thing even more special. This is such a supportive community.

His work is very easy to wear Christina, and just a little quirky. Hmmmm... I'd like to think I was that too.

lknvrb4 - thanks for the hair colour comment. I didn't know he was going to propose just then. I've stopped going to the hairdresser because it just got too expensive, so for a couple of years now I've been colouring and cutting my own. And at point I'd run out of the darker colour I usually use so I was, to me, a really far too bright copper colour, with a raggedy fringe (bangs). I saw the photos and I thought to myself - Gawwwd, what bloody awful hair. So its really sweet of you to say that. Oh and roots showing too. What a great look!!!

Ok so I couldn't resist googling and the film itself is called Laughing Gravy, dad brought me up on Oliver and Hardy and Fred and Ginger. So I always think of him when I stop to think of my username. Pic of dog in question, and the inimitable pair with goat for some reason. Hope these come out....

12947917648219817_02ZeTCUc_b.jpg

images.jpeg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for sharing both your beautiful ring and your more beautiful story...behind every great diamond there's a great woman!
Best to you,
Purplesilk.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did not know that story about the dog - so funny! Love that you got creative in choosing your name!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!!
Congrats!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and what a lovely proposal story!!!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
JM goodness, indeed! Congratulations on your engagement! What a beautiful ring! Lovely collection. Your photos are gorgeous.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is splendid. Full stop.

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: The setting is exquisite, and the stone is just gorgeous! (your pics are awesome too :sun: ) It looks absolutely perfect on your hand laughinggravy - congrats on your engagement and on your beautiful ring!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Love your story & your gorgeous ring. What a perfect way you met...good things do come to good people!
I deeply admire James Meyer's work, and think your ring is amazing. Enjoy! :appl:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks very much for your lovely words :wavey: Both fi and I are reading this thread with real appreciation!

Coati, thanks for adding your post, your pics were a real inspiration for me (as for others!!) and you were one the posters that reassured me concerning height off finger. I can't remember now if we have a Meyer thread? It would be great for people trying to work out if his work is for them.

Since its the start of the day here, have great one everyone :)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I almost cringe every time I see James Meyer in thread titles. I know that my heart will start quickening at the sight of the pictures within them. This is no exception. You have a beautiful ring!!! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also teared up when I saw your pics. It was probably a combination of the serene forest pic, and your happy faces, and then the dog with the ring... just so much happiness. Thanks for posting that.

And your ring... so beautiful. It really looks perfect. And I love your comment how your wear it, it does not wear you. So true, and I'll remember that for myself for the future, too, when DSS sets in. ;))

Congrats again! Thanks for sharing!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
its beautiful and very unique! Congrats on your engagement!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, your ring is beautiful and I love that pendant too! :wavey:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is lovely!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hera - ah yes, but it that's your siamese, then you have a living work of art - beautiful cats. My grandfather always had two of them to draw for practice. He was an artist and loved their elegant lines. Is yours dog-like, I wonder. The one's I've known fetch and chat.

Gem - yes indeed, much much happiness and it is so nice to share with you all. Also, I've no one else to really share the ring with. Most people I know really don't care and so its great to be able to 'talk' with you guys.

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results