shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Craeynest 810 & GOG AVC

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies. The tantalizing optical properties of the Goodoldgold AVC finally had their way with us and we caved (happily) to a 1.1 ct J SI1 diamond brick (our affectionate name for it :) ) I was concerned about the color, having never knowingly set eyes on a J in real life, but my fears were blown out of the water by the performance of this wunder-rock. Suddenly all the sales blurb I've ever read about 'candle-light warmth' and 'gentle glow' made very appealing sense. It's a clear-cut case of :love: Many thanks to the guys at Goodoldgold who make this diamond-finding business a walk in the park, and then some.

Next up was the setting question, and for an antique-style cushion we thought a call to Larry at Van Craeynest was in order. He suggested style no. 810, for which the hub was carved in 1919. We went for that in 18K white gold with platinum head and requested more-pointed-than-regular prong-work. One week and a half later and the ring is here and we are very happy with it. Many thanks to the gang at VC for their attentive service and quick delivery.

My pictures are not the Mae West, but here's an idea or two (fingers crossed ;-) ):

Van Craeynest 810 & GOG AVC.jpg

Van Craeynest 810 & GOG AVC1.jpg

Van Craeynest 810 & GOG AVC2.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not always a VC fan but that ring looks like it was made for that stone! I really like the pairing - enjoy every minute of wearing your new ring~~

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a stunning ring! They were definitely made for each other. Congrats!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thank you ladies for your lovely comments! :D Am thrilled to know that the combo looks right *sigh of relief* ;-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful setting for a beautiful diamond :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aeolianarpa said:
Wow, thank you ladies for your lovely comments! :D Am thrilled to know that the combo looks right *sigh of relief* ;-)

No worries there - it looks fabulous!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an amazing setting!! I love it!! And the stone - be still my beating heart!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful marriage. Van Craeynest & Jonathan's AVCs make a perfect pair. It's beautiful! Congratulations!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is incredible!!! the setting is so unique and with an AVC it is just stunning!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! looks perfect in that setting! :love:

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Ah ladies, thank you *all* for your very gracious comments. We are tickled pink with them! :)

fireweed24

Rough_Rock
I love love love it. :love: :love: :love: So beautiful I love VC and AVCs, a match made in heaven. I would love to have a ring like that.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just stunning! What a perfect combination!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Simply STUNNING :love: :love: :love:

They look like they we made to be together. The more I see AVC the more they speak to me. I live the delicate little flowers on the shank of your ring

Congrat :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh...it's beautiful! the setting complements the AVC perfectly. please feel free to share more pics :) :) :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
So feminine and delicate! Right in my taste! Congrats! :appl:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
That's lovely.
The antique looking setting really suits the AVC.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring! The setting complements the AVC cut SO well - it looks like a gorgeous heirloom quality piece. Congrats!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came back to look at your beautiful ring and to ask what camera you used to take your pictures? The picture quality is fantastic.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love Van Craeynest.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's really a lovely combination! We need some more pics! :love:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I love the AVC + VC combo. I think the J color looks perfect, too!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Such a gorgeous combination! Congrats - it is unique and beautiful!

Yes, definitely more pics please! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results