shape
carat
color
clarity

UPDATE: Yellow sapphire Ering...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I wasn’t happy with my Ering the way it was ( Original Ering ) I have attached a before photo for comparison.
Basically it was a yellow sapphire (with a huge window) that was prong set… and since the sapphire was so much bigger than the hole in the semi-mount there wasn’t much the jeweler could do to set it low (he did his best and set it as low as possible but it was still way too high for me).
So I went back to the jeweler to ask for a re-cut of my sapphire to get rid of the window and told him that while he was changing that could he please bezel set it. I had originally wanted the center stone bezel since I thought it would go better with the overall look of the ring, but didn’t bezel it since the stone was too big.
Well long story short the jeweler decided to just get a different stone, so he got a smaller one so he could bezel set it easier.

Before Photo:

before.bezeled00001.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Here is the new stone bezel set… I LOVE IT so much… this is exactly what I wanted from the beginning.

Oh, and the new stone is sans window (and sparkles like crazy)… yay!

bezeled.0001.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Another

bezeled.0002.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Another

bezeled.0004.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Last one... what do you think?

bezeled.0003.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
You know, I really do like it better now. It looks more integral to the design of the ring. Fab! Very lovely and gorgeous on your hand.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMIGOD a million times better! PERFECT!!! Just shows bigger ain''t always BETTER! And I''m a huge fan of bezel setting with halos (flow,flow,flow,flow,integration,flow) ... but that milgrain effect on the bezel just puts it over the top in AWESOMENESS!

Way to re-do!
18.gif
CONGRATS!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks MUCH better - really flows as a whole ring now that the setting of the center stone is echoed with the sidestones. Great redo!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Oooohh..I love the new setting!! Its absolutely perfect!!!

floridagirl

Rough_Rock
Wow! What a difference! It looks so much better now and somehow more refined and elegant! I love it! I''m glad you are happy!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I like the cut of this second stone much better. And it does flow with the ring now that the stone is set lower.

GREAT JOB!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that turned out beautifully! Your yellow sapphire looks amazing now and to me it really suites the ring much better sitting in a low bezel setting. You must be thrilled with the change. It is such a lovely ring.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! It looks amazing!! I''m so glad you''re happy and it truly looks BEAUTIFUL now! wowowowow
36.gif

Great revision!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else when I say that your modifications created a stunning result. The new bezel set looks very nice next to your diamond side stone settings, creating a very fluid look. This is definitely a great example of when a smaller & better cut stone really is the better choice!

Fabulous, enjoy your ring!!
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

lumpkin, FireGoddess -- I totally agree that it flows better with the ring (glad I am not the only one

2.gif
)

decodelighted & omieluv -- Yes! That is a great point that bigger is not always better (and cut is VERY important)... and as for the milgrain on the bezel, I insisted on that since almost every other surface on the ring has the milgrain edge... I wanted the milgrain a little bigger, but I can live with the way it turned out

FacetFire, parkerj, snlee, RockCandy, whenharrymetsally, musey, Nicki, floridagirl, mela lu, MC -- Thank you

10.gif
9.gif

StoneHunter -- yes, the cut on this stone is SO MUCH better than the first... I thought I could "learn to love" the first stone... but everyone here knows that almost never works... LOL

Sundial -- yes, I am thrilled with the change... its like having a new ring.. and that's never a bad thing

3.gif

When I first brought my dissatisfaction with the original stone's window to my FIs attention, he was less than receptive but ended up saying that we should take it back to the jeweler and fix it. My FI kept saying over and over that it was such a pretty ring and why do I want to change it... he just didn't understand, but he did support my decision to have the jeweler fix it.
I had wanted the stone bezel set from the beginning... and when I asked the jeweler to do it my FI looked at me like I was nuts... LOL... but I wanted to make sure that I was going to love this ring forever... and I know now that I will
1.gif

Thanks again for all the kind words

12.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, what a difference! the bezel MAKES the ring..... i''m so glad for you that you ended up with what you originally wanted! enjoy!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
The new version is SO much prettier. And I prefer this stone to the first one. The cut looks nicer too. Enjoy!

Sparkle17

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love your ring! It is so unique and the color is amazing! Great pics too
emsmile.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
rainydaze, surfgirl, sparkle17, DiaDiva -- thank you
9.gif

Im glad to hear that you guys think it looks better... the jeweler and my FI were trying to talk me out of it LOL

Thanks!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is now PERFECT poshpepper. I loved it before but remember thinking that the center stone might look better set lower. It''s just fab fab fab now!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
what an improvement! I love the delicate milgrain bezel.
Very very pretty. It just looks so put together now and classic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results