shape
carat
color
clarity

Update with hand shots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of your replies. I picked my ring up last night, and I''m going to think about what the next step will be as far as re-design. It''s actually kind of growing on me. First I''ll post my inspiration pieces. This is James Allen...

jamesallenlora.gif

Lora

Shiny_Rock
This one is Diamonds by Lauren. Stunning!

peridotlora.jpg

Lora

Shiny_Rock
And now my hand shots.....

lora30.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora31.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora32.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora33.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora35.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora36.JPG

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I've seen it on your hand, I like it a LOT more than in that box! That's a mighty pretty stone you have there.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s a good size center stone!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I agree. I''m still not wild about the pave, bezel and prong set all in one ring, but I''m going to take some time and get some ideas together (ideas welcome!) before I do any more.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Having seen it on your hand from a little bit of a distance, the bezels don''t really look as out of place as before. It might grow on me too.
9.gif

shay

Lora

Shiny_Rock
The close up pictures do tend to magnify the bezels quite a bit. But when I''m looking at it on my hand, it''s just not that obvious.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is very pretty but it just looks busy with the different setting (pave/bezel). I''m sorry
8.gif
I really like the first two photos you attached.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Aren''t they gorgeous? I think I''m leaning towards having my bezel set bands re-done in pave, and then curving up under the halo like the Ritani Endless Love does.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Another option I''ve considered is having the center stone set in a very thin bezel like the ring attached.

bezelloraa.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I love your center stone!!! There is alot going on with that hand of yours but its great ( have you ever seen a diamond or a group of diamonds together that wasn''t really deep down great !) But I really love that bezel set look classic!!!
face23.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
The hand shots look good!!! Please do what makes you happy. Good luck!
2.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Oh Lord save me a 2ct Halo... just when I thought I was over my 2ct+ Halo obsession I had to see this post! This is a gorgeous ring who could resist all those sparklies. Nope I vote it looks wonderful not busy and since your a size 5 like me - Hey I''ll take it..(lol)

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I know that a halo on a 2ct stone is overkill, but that is the one thing that I won''t change on this ring. Not only does the halo make my diamond look obnoxioulsy big, it sparkles like nothing I''ve ever seen! I swear, I''ve gone from not caring about diamonds that much, to seeing just how many I can get set in one ring. Help me, I''m out of control!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i didn''t see your original post, so i went and looked at it for reference and i''ll admit, the hand shots look better than the ''in the box'' pics. i just don''t think you should settle for it growing on you. you have the potential to create the ring of your dreams... do it.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Repeat after me "Do not get rid of the halo"... Actually I was thinking ooooh wonder what that would like in a three stone with traps or emeralds on the side. I don''t think I''m helping here (lol).

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should wear it awhile before you decide what to do.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is definitely one of those cases where it looks glaringly mismatched in the box but on your hand it looks really nice. I definitely love that big honker stone in the halo - gorgeous! From a normal distance the bezels aren''t as obvious as the pictures made them out to be, though in closeup shots there does seem to be that "clash of the styles." Give it a little time and see what you think. When I got my halo version 1.0 back (the cocktail size ring) I tried to love it but in 48 hours I was like "get me back to the jeweler''s NOW - I have to give it back and she needs to rework it NOW, without delay!" So maybe give it a few days and it will become obvious to you what you should do.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Great advice FireGoddess, I''m going to toss some ideas around before I go back. I saw a ring yesterday on Pricescope that I can not find now to save my soul. I''ve attached a PATHETIC drawing, but it was three sided pave. Any ideas where I saw this?????

Attachments

• pathetic.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 53

Lora

Shiny_Rock

Attachments

• pathetic2.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 53

Lora

Shiny_Rock
one more time

pathetic2.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
like these?

P[1].S.Trio_Image_3_3.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Almost identical to the center ring, but no bezel on the center stone, and three sided pave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results