shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

colorofmyheart

Rough_Rock
I love looking at smaller rings. Most people I know have huge rings, it's nice to see some smaller ones on here!

I'll share my set. Excuse the cell phone pictures. There's a weird dark shadow in the middle of my main stone, it's the lighting. The stone is clean. I've got other photos from our wedding, but they're watermarked and I don't have the un-watermarked versions on this computer. I'll try and add them in later.

The main stone in my engagement ring is an heirloom, we had it re-set into a setting I chose. The setting, along with the matching wedding band, were purchased at a small jeweler north of Seattle. I wanted something delicate, cause the stone was small. I fell in love with this setting the second she pulled it out of the case. I included a picture of the little leaf details on the sides of each ring, which are my favorite part. I also love the tiny tiny milgrain on the rings. It just makes the set look vintage, which I love.

The stats-

Engagement ring: 0.27ctw set in 14k white gold. The biggest stone is 0.10ct and it was his grandmother's diamond from her engagement ring. The two smaller are 0.05ct each. The other diamonds are written on the appraisal as "6- 0.01ct and 2- 0.0075ct diamonds". The appraisal says that all of the stones are G color, and that the main stone is VS2 clarity, and the others are SI1.

Wedding Band: 16 diamonds, 0.16ctw

20141208_213355.jpg

PeachPie

Rough_Rock
Colorofmyheart, I love your wedding set! And love that your center stone is an heirloom. What is your ring size?

colorofmyheart

Rough_Rock
PeachPie|1418127409|3798163 said:
Colorofmyheart, I love your wedding set! And love that your center stone is an heirloom. What is your ring size?

Thanks so much! I love it too (:

I believe they're a 7.5, but I usually wear a 7 or 7.25 depending on the ring. They're loose and spin all the time, so I probably need them taken down to a 7.25.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
colorofmyheart,

Your ring is gorgeous und looks beautifully on your hand :love: !

colorofmyheart

Rough_Rock
Kalliope|1418246497|3799072 said:
colorofmyheart,

Your ring is gorgeous und looks beautifully on your hand :love: !

Thank you so much!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
colorofmyheart|1418093964|3798011 said:

I adore the floral/leaf details on the sides of your bands! What a special set.

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
@colorofmyheart

I love your ring hun. It looks beautiful on you. I personally love small(er) diamonds, than bigger ones. I think there is something so dignified and understated by simplicity and elegance that makes a statement all in itself. Love and cherish your rings, and remember it's the symbol that counts, not the size :twirl: :love:

Shannonmykayla

Rough_Rock
@Johannes89- Your fiance is going to love this!!! Absolutely love this! It's gorgeous and it will look 1000 times better on her finger, if she's not already wearing it :) Great job, it's a beaut! :twirl:

colorofmyheart

Rough_Rock
Shannonmykayla|1418270454|3799280 said:
@colorofmyheart
I love your ring hun. It looks beautiful on you. I personally love small(er) diamonds, than bigger ones. I think there is something so dignified and understated by simplicity and elegance that makes a statement all in itself. Love and cherish your rings, and remember it's the symbol that counts, not the size :twirl: :love:

Thank you! I like smaller stones too. I tried on bigger (we went to a bunch of different stores looking at rings before we decided to use the heirloom stone), and they just weren't me. I tend to knock my hands into things. Bigger stones aren't practical for me. I do want a solitaire, though, to switch it up. But it won't be big (0.40ct at the biggest), and it probably won't be a diamond.

Plus, having an heirloom stone in an engagement ring is family tradition on both sides- my mom has an heirloom, his mom has an heirloom, my aunt has an heirloom, and now I do. :)

Vampira|1418258442|3799159 said:
I adore the floral/leaf details on the sides of your bands! What a special set.

Thank you :D And that's what I fell in love with! She pulled the set out of the case, and I was like, "THERE'S LEAVES ON THERE." I was sold. That and the tiny milgrain.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love this set so much, Color of My Heart. It looks fabulously elegant, sophisticated and timeless. And the fact that it is made with an heirloom.... priceless!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Monchup, Your stone looks so sparkly! And it definitely looks bigger than .5! Enjoy!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monchup|1418299936|3799379 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-slim-petite-torchiere-with-0-5ct-whiteflash-aca.208844/

img_0574.jpg
img_0573.jpg
img_0551-1.jpg

0.5ct ACA round from Whiteflash Mark Morrell Slim Petite Torchiere (2mm wide) on size 4 finger!

Pretty ring, Monchup. I love the setting!

missyjaine

Rough_Rock
I love seeing all these gorgeous rings and just wanted to add mine

0.78 ct Oval D VS1 with F VS tappered baguettes.. After not liking the ring I originally designed with a RB and a black pave band I am in love with this and so is my FI

I'm so sorry if the pic is really large, I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post lol

_25288.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
missyjaine|1418812907|3802873 said:

0.78 ct Oval D VS1 with F VS tappered baguettes.. After not liking the ring I originally designed with a RB and a black pave band I am in love with this and so is my FI

I'm so sorry if the pic is really large, I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post lol

Love your new ring design choice! Very classic. Tapered baguettes are a great complement to the center stone.

missyjaine

Rough_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1418908762|3803555 said:

Love your new ring design choice! Very classic. Tapered baguettes are a great complement to the center stone.

Thank you! :) this is a pic of my old setting, the RB even though it was an excellent cut just didn't sparkle in the setting with the black diamonds, the new one is so bright and white, my old stone was an F and I just couldn't believe how much whiter the D was

The black diamonds were so cool though I might have to get just a black pave eternity band later on ;-)

_25332.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Very elegant, Missyjaine.

Victoria11Gliss11

Rough_Rock
Here's my asscher with it's original white gold solitare setting and it's upgraded halo setting

1509819_10203025991194391_1535034732_n.jpg
asscherside_0.jpg
asscher_4.jpg

.58, vs1, very good cut, GIA J color. The new setting is .38 melee. Both diamond and setting are from James Allen

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teets99|1419567630|3807783 said:
Here's my asscher with it's original white gold solitare setting and it's upgraded halo setting

1509819_10203025991194391_1535034732_n.jpg
asscherside_0.jpg
asscher_4.jpg

.58, vs1, very good cut, GIA J color. The new setting is .38 melee. Both diamond and setting are from James Allen

This is great! I've been wanting to see this setting.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love looking at smaller rings. Most people I know have huge rings, it's nice to see some smaller ones on here!

I'll share my set. Excuse the cell phone pictures. There's a weird dark shadow in the middle of my main stone, it's the lighting. The stone is clean. I've got other photos from our wedding, but they're watermarked and I don't have the un-watermarked versions on this computer. I'll try and add them in later.

The main stone in my engagement ring is an heirloom, we had it re-set into a setting I chose. The setting, along with the matching wedding band, were purchased at a small jeweler north of Seattle. I wanted something delicate, cause the stone was small. I fell in love with this setting the second she pulled it out of the case. I included a picture of the little leaf details on the sides of each ring, which are my favorite part. I also love the tiny tiny milgrain on the rings. It just makes the set look vintage, which I love.

The stats-

Engagement ring: 0.27ctw set in 14k white gold. The biggest stone is 0.10ct and it was his grandmother's diamond from her engagement ring. The two smaller are 0.05ct each. The other diamonds are written on the appraisal as "6- 0.01ct and 2- 0.0075ct diamonds". The appraisal says that all of the stones are G color, and that the main stone is VS2 clarity, and the others are SI1.

20141208_213355.jpg

What a unique and interesting wedding set. It demonstrates that bigger is not always better.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The stats-

20141208_213355.jpg

I big puffy heart this set... :love: :love: It's just so feminine, vintage and dainty. It looks perfect on your hand. :) Congratulations on your marriage. :))

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
Adding a link to the thread I just posted about my two new under 1 ct diamond rings:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-with-pics-of-upgraded-rb-e-ring-and-omc-rhr.209552/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-with-pics-of-upgraded-rb-e-ring-and-omc-rhr.209552/[/URL]

HegemonyCricket|1420693242|3813340 said:
My journey to PS began a few months ago, after I had my second baby and realized I didn't fit into any of my old rings anymore. My husband pointed out that I could have gotten my rings re-sized, but I decided to use this opportunity to buy some new jewelry instead. :angel: (My old engagement ring had an inexpensive sapphire as the center stone -- purchased by my husband back when we were poor students and wanted to save our money for the wedding and buying a house instead. I'm thinking about having it re-set someday, as it has sentimental value for me.)

I'd never spent over $1,000 on any single piece of jewelry before, so I knew I wanted to do a lot of research before I dove into buying a diamond. Thanks to PS, I learned so much about diamonds and felt completely comfortable purchasing online. I got my setting and band (size 4) from Blue Nile and an 0.822 carat ACA, I color, VS1 round brilliant from Whiteflash. Whiteflash was able do a 1-day turnaround of the ring setting within a day, delivering the ring on Christmas Eve! (I happened to be in town visiting my parents in Houston and decided to stop by Whiteflash to purchase the diamond in person.) I love it! It never ceases to amaze me how big and sparkly it looks!

16041436049_6f59d15ca6_z.jpg

Then, over the Christmas holiday, I also discovered OECs and OMCs through PS. I became absolutely obsessed with the Erika Winters Iris halo at JBG and emailed Grace about it. She was super sweet, great to work with, and I just received the ring re-sized for me today (with a 0.98 carat, G color, VS2 OMC). I literally gasped when I opened the box and saw the ring in person. I mentioned to Grace in an email today that Erika designed a truly exquisite piece of art in this ring. I didn't realize until after I bought the ring that this is her first line of jewelry. She's incredibly talented! And the way the OMC sparkles is just fascinating!

15607691513_306ac89469_z.jpg
16201665206_dcc89628af_z.jpg

It's a bit surprising to me how high up the diamond is set on my right hand now. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I've never worn anything that *big* before, so I still feel a bit self conscious about it!

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if I never buy any more jewelry or diamonds again, but I just wanted to thank y'all for sharing your knowledge and experience on this forum! I feel thoroughly educated and confident that I got pieces that were perfect for me at the right price point. (Seriously, what did people do before the age of the internet?!)

sholoh01

Rough_Rock
So this is my first time posting... Here's my .71 CT RB GIA certified 3 ex, J-color, VVS2 stone, a 5-year anniversary upgrade. The side stones are approximately 1/3 ct each. Ring size: 4.25

_26077.jpg

_26078.jpg

_26079.jpg

handspun

Rough_Rock
Jimmianne|1404678230|3707800 said:
0.887ct F/VS1 [AGS] ACA
p1100531.jpg p1100494.jpg

Your ring is absolutely stunning — this is one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen! I love your ring stack, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results