shape
carat
color
clarity

Trip to the jewelry store part 2 - Eye Candy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
So, my BF and I went to look at settings on Saturday and made a choice! He loved one setting far and above the others, and since it was one of my top three, we're going with that one! I'm so excited! It's so nice not to be debating it over and over in my head anymore. I took some pics for you guys on our trip, so without further ado...here's the first one we looked at, an antique repro with side diamonds and extensive filigree work on the side:

ETA, all the settings have CZs in them in case anyone was wondering...

Baileys 002small.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Next, we looked at this setting, which was one of our final two:

Baileys 013small.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
And this one, which was a size 4 and too small to get on my finger:

Baileys 001small.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Then, we went to the second store to see this unique two-tone one that I had brought in: ETA, sorry my fingers look so long and weird in this one!

Baileys 018small.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
And finally, we went to the last store to see the settings I had already shared with you guys, first the one with the pears:

Baileys 030small.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Finally, the last setting I showed him was THE ONE!!! You guys sure did pick it! He loved the antique criss cross setting and thought it looked PERFECT on my hand!

Rings 008xMsmall.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
So, I want to thank you all for your opinions in the other thread! I''m so happy to have a setting! Yay! I think he''s going to order it this week, so now all I have to do is sit and wait!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Congrats JD on finding the one!! I''m so glad you and your BF made a decision on one that you love. So do you get to wear it now or do you have to wait!?!?
9.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I have to wait for a proposal, which I''m guessing may come sometime in March, since the setting will probably take 4-6 weeks to be made. It''s going to be so hard to wait. It was easier waiting when I had less of a concrete idea of the ring and the timing!
41.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful that you were able to find the setting that you both loved! It''s very lovely - doesn''t it feel good to have finally reached a decision?

We will be waiting patiently with you until you get your new ring!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You had some gorgeous rings to choose from, but I love the one you guys ended up with!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
How very exciting. All of them are lovely but I''m so glad you were able to find a setting you both love..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
all the settings are great but what size is that center stone going to be? those on your hands look huge!! i love it.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Mara, most of those CZs were around 2 carats. The CZ in the one we actually chose was more like a 1.5 carat. I think the camera makes them look bigger. I have a size 5.75 /6 finger, but my fingers are decently long.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - That''s really beautiful - I love the detail on the setting - now the wait is going to be terrible but once it''s on your finger it will be so worth it! I cannot wait for the final pictures....hurry up already!!! ha ha ha

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, I am so happy for you guys!!!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Excellent choice, I''m so glad we were able to give you our input but ultimately the choice was yours and your bf''s. I''m just happy we all agree!!!! It''s going to be amazing!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!
30.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 4:39:33 PM
Author: JDgirl
Finally, the last setting I showed him was THE ONE!!! You guys sure did pick it! He loved the antique criss cross setting and thought it looked PERFECT on my hand!
So glad we could help. I''m glad you picked this one. Did he know we were all rooting for this setting too?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM! The stones look fabulously sized and you have such great hands as well for modeling!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is going to be fabulous! I had a hard enough time waiting for my stone to be reset, and I''m already married! I can''t imagine how you must feel! I hope the weeks go by fast!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a lot of eye candy, indeed. i think you made a beautiful choice! The criss-cross is so pretty and yet it still looks solitaire-ish. So you''ve really got the best of both worlds: detail/melee AND an overall solitaire form. Bravo!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Well, they were all beautiful, but I''m glad you were able to find "the one". It can be so hard to choose with all the lovely bling out there! Congrats! Now we just have to wait for your proposal story!!! Hopefully sooner than you think...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results