carat
color
clarity

Torn between 2 eternity rings

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am torn between these 2 rings.
I have asked the vendor to take pictures of them beside a solitaire RB e-ring 6mm wide similar to my ering.

The curvy looking one is a 0.05carat x11
and the boxy looking is 0.07carat x11

Please throw in all your opinions about these 2 bands.
I am leaning towards the boxy one at the moment as it looks more neat to me (stones are looking more aligned) but the cons is that it might look chunky next to my ering

So without further wait, here they are :twirl:

luisa.jpg

luisa1.jpg

luisa2.jpg

luisa4.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like the first option better. I like it because it does not look as bulky and you can see the individual diamonds, I find that the second one looks like diamonds clustered together.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4 said:
I like the first option better. I like it because it does not look as bulky and you can see the individual diamonds, I find that the second one looks like diamonds clustered together.

Much agreed - I like the look of the first one much, much better!

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
I also like the look of the first one. It's more feminine and elegant in my opinion. And while it looks gorgeous with your e-ring, I also think it would look lovely worn on its own.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I love the first one as well!

If you don't mind my asking, where are there rings from? A local B&M jeweler or an online jeweler? I ask because I am in the process of shopping for a wedding band myself, and the first one you posted is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
Thanks, and good luck with your decision!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one as well. But you may want to add a narrow gold band between the two as the diamond from the eternity will eat into the prong of your ering. jmo.... :appl:

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the opinions~ and I agreed that the first one look more elegant than 2nd one.
ditto also on the 2nd one whereby you cant really see the individual diamond

and these are online from id jewellery.
they are really at a good price :D

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for #1 - it's much more refined and elegant - classy! I also think it would look beautiful worn by itself if you ever felt like it.

Do check out the thread that Taylorbug posted the link to though (if you haven't already) - there are pix of what my shared prong has done to my e-ring over 6 years. That said, I LOVE my shared prong band, and don't regret getting it. I will, however, be getting a spacer to wear with my future upgrade to prevent or slow the prong destruction on the next ring.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the first one but with slightly larger stones. The seven pointers in the second one look like a nice size.

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
I really like them both and if you were wearing the band seperate from your E-ring I would say get the second. But...since you are wearing them together I would definately go with the first. Much more elegant with the ring.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Taylorbug! said:
mocha2204 said:
Thank you all for the opinions~ and I agreed that the first one look more elegant than 2nd one.
ditto also on the 2nd one whereby you cant really see the individual diamond

and these are online from id jewellery.
they are really at a good price :D

mocha2204...have you seen this post?

rockytalky/eternity-ring-scratching-solitaire-setting-t148945.html

I like the first one better, but for the sake of your engagement ring I would go with the second. Perhaps it can be made with smaller melee so it isn't so much thicker than your engagement ring shank?

I was going to bring up the rubbing aspect. In the first band it looks like the girdles of the diamonds are a bit more exposed and could contact the basket of your e-ring setting, eroding it. This is exactly the reason why I didn't get a very similar band to stack with my set. I was worried about the diamonds eating away at my e-ring. My friend has a similarly set ring (to the first band) and it has done quite a number on her engagement ring basket.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
For sure I would go with the first one and wear a thin plain band between...the first one is so pretty and elegant....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Count me in for liking the 1st one best w/your ering.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First one!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my eye the first looks more balanced - more delicate and pretty. The 2nd does NOT look bad, however, and it certainly is a personal preference!

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Hello Mocha!
Wow lovely engagement ring I chose the first eternity seems more delicate :twirl: :Up_to_something:

Hugs

Monica

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one better because it's more delicate looking and jives better with your engagement ring.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the first. It complements your e-ring very nicely, whereas I think the second tends to overpower it a bit.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
I just read this thread rockytalky/eternity-ring-scratching-solitaire-setting-t148945.html
Thanks for pointing that out.

and yes I have read a lot of problems with shared prong eternity ring thats why I have been looking at a chanel band for a while.
But I love how shared prong band show more diamonds than metal.
Maybe the only solution for me is to buy a spacer.
Anyone else can recommend where to buy a spacer? I have heard bluenile and etsy.

and thank you all again for the opinions :D
now I have to pop by some retail stores and try 2 similar settings to see them in real life

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results