carat
color
clarity

Too good to be a temp ring?? Something to tide me over LOL

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Too good to be a temp ring?? Something to tide me over L

I understand and I agree that I color would be a good choice for the new one. Someone will be lucky to get this one, though, because I think it is prettier than one with yellowish tint! And it is apparently a great SI1! I'll bet people will start calling Jon to be put on the waiting list for it!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Rosebloom, thank you! I love it and enjoy it every day!!

DS, I may go for the idea you have.....keep this and get something else....like Octavia! I don't know, I may still want bigger AVR but it really depends on what I can get with the budget.... But when/if I trade this up for bigger AVR, I'm sure someone is going to be super happy :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Win, I actually LOVE the idea of keeping that one and getting a second great diamond! You know a little of my journey and how hard it is to get the exact specs one wants because the cutter apparently estimates color, but it doesn't always turn out to be exactly as expected. If it did, I'd be wearing an AVR right now. But for colors below I-J, I think the brown modifier is soooo much more attractive than yellow, unless you are getting to really low colors and can enhance the diamond in yg to make it look FLY.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

wintotty|1358445605|3357933 said:
The stone faces up really white in real life, it is hard to imagine it's K color. Jonathan said it has a brownish-pinkish tint which makes the diamond faces up whiter than usual yellow tint.

wintotty, do you see any color in the stone at different angles or in different lighting conditions? If so how would you describe the color?

I'm thinking about an AVR that is also a K color, and although I'm not really color sensitive (my current stone is an I) I am worried about the K color.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

two_little_birds|1360010524|3372144 said:
wintotty|1358445605|3357933 said:
The stone faces up really white in real life, it is hard to imagine it's K color. Jonathan said it has a brownish-pinkish tint which makes the diamond faces up whiter than usual yellow tint.

wintotty, do you see any color in the stone at different angles or in different lighting conditions? If so how would you describe the color?

I'm thinking about an AVR that is also a K color, and although I'm not really color sensitive (my current stone is an I) I am worried about the K color.

Sorry for the late reply, came back from vacation recently...

Anyways, I don't see much color at all in this particular diamond. In rare certain light environment, I see the diamond turns a little dark-silver mercury like color. But I can't really see "yellow" tint. This stone has brownish tint instead of yellow, and I was told that's why it faces much whiter than those with yellow tint. If you get the K color AVR (with regular yellow tint), I'm sure you can see some yellow in it, but it really depend on your taste that if you like the warmer color stone or not. I've seen J color AVR before I got this K color AVR, and J looked much warmer than this brown tinted K.

starrynight

Shiny_Rock

Wowwwwweee! :love: It's totally gorgeous and what an interestingly behaving K color. I love the setting for it, showcases the stone so nicely.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Wowza! I don't see any temp rings around here!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Not related to this ring but I am curious... do you know what happened to your old ring? Is it being used as it was?

I loved that setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, I loved that setting, too! It would be interesting to know what was set in it!

Wintotty, how are you feeling about the AVR?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo|1361601610|3388399 said:
Not related to this ring but I am curious... do you know what happened to your old ring? Is it being used as it was?

I loved that setting.
I THOUGHT she sold the setting separately.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1361748936|3389461 said:
CharmyPoo|1361601610|3388399 said:

I loved that setting.
I THOUGHT she sold the setting separately.

Yes, the setting was sold early on.

steelmagnolia

Rough_Rock

I am not the owner, but I have seen her around. It has an antique diamond in the setting now, which was reworked by SK to fit the new stone. LM was requested to do the work to make a new stone fit perfectly and wasn't very nice in refusal, so she gave the work to SK. He did a beautiful job, and from what I've seen of the setting, it looks very lovely. ETA: the new stone wasn't that different in size so it wasn't a major overhaul, just some tweaking. The setting looks largely as it did IIRC.

Back OT, I adore this "temp" ring and WOW!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

Just gorgeous! Sometimes the simple things really are the best :love:

Crystal72384

Shiny_Rock

W :shock: W

I just found this thread and that diamond is making me want to trade in my AVC!! Let me know if you ever upgrade it :naughty:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Crystal72384|1397257991|3652078 said:

I just found this thread and that diamond is making me want to trade in my AVC!! Let me know if you ever upgrade it :naughty:

Wintotty already traded for a larger AVC...this 3+ c K is for sale on the GOG site. Don't you just love this stone? Cushions were my fav's until I saw these AVR's and I"m hooked on OEC's now.

Crystal72384

Shiny_Rock

ariel144|1397265490|3652138 said:

Wintotty already traded for a larger AVC...this 3+ c K is for sale on the GOG site. Don't you just love this stone? Cushions were my fav's until I saw these AVR's and I"m hooked on OEC's now.

I think the one on GOG is a different stone. Maybe this one is already gone again?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Crystal72384|1397265687|3652139 said:
ariel144|1397265490|3652138 said:

I think the one on GOG is a different stone. Maybe this one is already gone again?

Oh, you are right ..they sold the 3.21...the one listed now is a 3.11.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results