carat
color
clarity

Too good to be a temp ring?? Something to tide me over LOL

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Re: Too good to be a temp ring?? Something to tide me over L

diamondseeker2006|1358458166|3358079 said:
Oh, I know you can't leave babies! Just wishful thinking!

I do think there is something to the brown tint versus yellow tint. I think that might be an issue for me. I think I like brown better than yellow! I just need to go up there and see all the stones, but I don't know when I could do that because I have a trip to DC and Las Vegas in the next 4 1/2 months!

I am glad you love the setting!!!

DS, when are you going to be in DC? Doesn't look like Vegas is an option for me this year: I need to grow my business some more to afford my jewelry habit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At any rate, I live close to Baltimore and (perhaps!) could meet you for lunch one day, if our schedules sync.

ETA: SORRY for the thread jack.

BEAUTIFUL ring. I just LOVE your stone and the Vatche setting> :D :D

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

That is an amazing AVR! He must have just gotten it in...haven't seen an AVR that large listed on his site.

Yes to the K tinted brownish pink...really lovely!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

It is amazing!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wowza, that's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: It's making me fall in love all over again with GOG modern antique cuts! This is dangerous, I'd better take a self-enforced break from PS, lol!!

Oh, btw I'd never have guessed it was a K. It's sooo white and beautilicious!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

It's gorgeous!!! I'm obsessed with that setting!!! I'm not originally an AVR fan but your ring is stunning!!! :love: :love: :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Holy smokes, it is FANTASTIC on your hand. What do you think in person, besides obviously wanting the eventual larger size? Can you detect any of the pink/brown?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Owies Nana|1358479396|3358400 said:
diamondseeker2006|1358458166|3358079 said:
Oh, I know you can't leave babies! Just wishful thinking!

I do think there is something to the brown tint versus yellow tint. I think that might be an issue for me. I think I like brown better than yellow! I just need to go up there and see all the stones, but I don't know when I could do that because I have a trip to DC and Las Vegas in the next 4 1/2 months!

I am glad you love the setting!!!

DS, when are you going to be in DC? Doesn't look like Vegas is an option for me this year: I need to grow my business some more to afford my jewelry habit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At any rate, I live close to Baltimore and (perhaps!) could meet you for lunch one day, if our schedules sync.

ETA: SORRY for the thread jack.

BEAUTIFUL ring. I just LOVE your stone and the Vatche setting> :D :D

Owies Nana, I have a listing on loupetroop.com. If you scroll down, you will see a listing that begins with "1.58 G VS1" and click on it and my contact info is at the bottom of the description.

I was just checking this thread again to look at the pictures! I may get a temp AVR myself!!! :naughty:

CDCsparkles

Shiny_Rock

I love the pillowiness on the side view....gorgeous ring!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Thank you everyone!! I love the ring, it puts smile on my face every time I looked at it (which is almost all the time lol)
Here's how I'm wearing it, with Leon's Upside Down Calibre band. I like them together, I think they look very delicate.

img_3061.jpg
img_3060.jpg
img_3059.jpg

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Roxy|1358477215|3358356 said:
wintotty|1358474842|3358314 said:
MissGotRocks|1358467147|3358204 said:
What a temp! Tell us what you think about the AVR as compared to the AVC!

Looks beautiful - are you sure you want to go bigger?!?

I love AVR more than AVC! I think I prefer smaller facets on AVR better.......AVC is beautiful and I would like to have one as RHR, but for ER (everyday pieces) I love AVR!!! No regret on switching from AVC to AVR for me....and YES I'm certain I want a little bigger as I planned...just around 4crt will be very nice :twirl:
First off, gorgeous stone ... Ah, the AVRs (& AVCs)!!!! Good grief, don't you just love them?? Your pictures really show off the beauty of that cut & I'm still amazed that this is a "temp ring" for you LOL! :lol: :lol: Please tell me though, is it really easy to wear such a large diamond every day? Do you just get used to the size over time so that you don't even think about it after a while or have you always had large stones so there was nothing that you had to "get used to"?

Roxy, My very 1st E-ring was .75crt MRB solitare ring......then I got 1.2crt MRB......then I decided that I want a square shape diamond, so I got 2.2 Radiant cut. When I first tried on the 2.2 Radiant, I felt overwhelmed....it looked just too big on my finger(well my finger size used to be 4.5, so that helped also...ahhh pre-baby days...) But then I discovers Price Scope, a few months later DSS kicked in :lol: .
So I made 3 stone ring with the 2.2 Radiant, which I upgraded to 3.13 AVC. So I don't know somewhere around discovering PS and Radiant 3-stone ring, my idea of "too Big" changed quite a bit. I am Very comfortable wearing this 3.2crt AVR, and I'm sure I'll do just fine with 4crt :D :D
Also everybody around me knows I have very expensive taste, so that helps too!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Phoenix|1358517959|3358621 said:
Wowza, that's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: It's making me fall in love all over again with GOG modern antique cuts! This is dangerous, I'd better take a self-enforced break from PS, lol!!

Oh, btw I'd never have guessed it was a K. It's sooo white and beautilicious!!

This one is so tiny compare to your precious ring!
I do agree that we sometimes need a break from PS to keep our sanity (and savings)

As for the color, yeah it looks more like H to me in person!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

ame|1358519609|3358637 said:
Holy smokes, it is FANTASTIC on your hand. What do you think in person, besides obviously wanting the eventual larger size? Can you detect any of the pink/brown?

I wish I can detect the "pink", but I can't :wink2: As for the blown tint, I can see slightly in certain light condition but not much at all. I really look hard for it..... It just gives out mirror ball like sparkle most of the time it is really hard to see the body color most of the time!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

wintotty|1358524776|3358708 said:
ame|1358519609|3358637 said:

I wish I can detect the "pink", but I can't :wink2: As for the blown tint, I can see slightly in certain light condition but not much at all. I really look hard for it..... It just gives out mirror ball like sparkle most of the time it is really hard to see the body color most of the time!
Well it's divine. DIVINE! :appl:

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock

Holy smokes! Thats one smashing stone! She's a beauty and looks complete in the setting paired with the band!
EXQUISITE! :love: :cheeky: :love:

I love how you think, 4ct... DSS sets in too quick! :naughty: :bigsmile:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

I'm in love with your ring. Sigh! :love: Lucky lucky lady.

Could you please take some real life perspective shots? I have a size six finger and would love to see how this size looks from a distance. Also, if you have an eternity or seven stone could you take a picture of the two together please? Thank you!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks just shy of 1 carat! ;)) Very pretty! Hope you enjoy it until you get your dream upgrade!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

It's so beautiful!! This looks just perfect on your hand, I can't wait to see a 4ct!! :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

It's so beautiful!! This looks just perfect on your hand, I can't wait to see a 4ct!! :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock

Are you serious about a temp ring? OMG! I want yours when you decide to sell it! :love: :lickout:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

wintotty|1358524388|3358700 said:
Roxy|1358477215|3358356 said:
wintotty|1358474842|3358314 said:
MissGotRocks|1358467147|3358204 said:
What a temp! Tell us what you think about the AVR as compared to the AVC!

Looks beautiful - are you sure you want to go bigger?!?

I love AVR more than AVC! I think I prefer smaller facets on AVR better.......AVC is beautiful and I would like to have one as RHR, but for ER (everyday pieces) I love AVR!!! No regret on switching from AVC to AVR for me....and YES I'm certain I want a little bigger as I planned...just around 4crt will be very nice :twirl:
First off, gorgeous stone ... Ah, the AVRs (& AVCs)!!!! Good grief, don't you just love them?? Your pictures really show off the beauty of that cut & I'm still amazed that this is a "temp ring" for you LOL! :lol: :lol: Please tell me though, is it really easy to wear such a large diamond every day? Do you just get used to the size over time so that you don't even think about it after a while or have you always had large stones so there was nothing that you had to "get used to"?

Roxy, My very 1st E-ring was .75crt MRB solitare ring......then I got 1.2crt MRB......then I decided that I want a square shape diamond, so I got 2.2 Radiant cut. When I first tried on the 2.2 Radiant, I felt overwhelmed....it looked just too big on my finger(well my finger size used to be 4.5, so that helped also...ahhh pre-baby days...) But then I discovers Price Scope, a few months later DSS kicked in :lol: .
So I made 3 stone ring with the 2.2 Radiant, which I upgraded to 3.13 AVC. So I don't know somewhere around discovering PS and Radiant 3-stone ring, my idea of "too Big" changed quite a bit. I am Very comfortable wearing this 3.2crt AVR, and I'm sure I'll do just fine with 4crt :D :D
Also everybody around me knows I have very expensive taste, so that helps too!
Wow, what a FUN journey. I can totally see how "too big" changes after finding PS, and your temp diamond looks extremely comfortable on your hand, I must say ;)). My dream length has always been 10.5mm but I started questioning that when I got my recent 9mm stone because it feels bigger than I'd expected. But you've "re-ignited" my desire for bigger w/ these pics of your gorgeous diamond, so thank you (oh, and DH thanks you too LOL :lol:) !

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Janesmith,

I took some pics with eternity bands, smaller one and the other one is just way too big to wear with :lol:
Other bands I have are much thinner ones so I didn't take pics...sorry not much of a help

img_3072.jpg

img_3074.jpg

img_3076.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those pictures are sooo beautiful!!! :love: Oh, if this was a 2 ct. diamond I would be putting myself on the waiting list for it! :love: I love it with the Leon band. You surely are making me want to get back to my AVR quest!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Wow - that is seriously stunning!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Ok....yum to the YUM. Whew. I need to go fan myself.

That is one stunning rock, ring, wedding-band-and-ring set and gorgeous hands to boot. Can't believe that's a temp!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for those extra pictures. The one with the huge eternity is right up my alley. I know it's not everyone's taste, but I love it!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Some pics I took today....with a different band. I'm telling you this AVR ROCKS!! :love:

img_3108.jpg
img_3109.jpg
img_3110.jpg

Alistra

Shiny_Rock

WOWZA, that is one heck of a temp ring!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you'd have a ton more comments if you had put 3 ct AVR in your title!

I love the new pics! From what I can tell, I like the color. How are you feeling about the color? And will you be okay if the next one is a yellowish K rather than brown?

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

Hi DS!! :wavey:

I know, my title is not really inviting lol. But that's OK..... :twirl:

I'm in LOVE with this color to tell you the truth. It is just SO bright and I really can't see much tint at all. In certain light, it turns to a little darker and steel like color, which I think is GORGEOUS. I'll love it if I can get the bigger version of this exact same stone, but it probably is not going to happen. So in that case, I will aim for "I" color.....especially since bigger stone only happens when my AVC sells, and when it sells, I will have much bigger budget....so I should be able to afford I color. Clarity wise, this stone is SI1 and I'm just perfectly fine with it. I can't really see inclusions with my naked eyes at all.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Gosh that is such a beauty! I keep coming back to look at it again and again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results