shape
carat
color
clarity

thinking about resetting rings any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
Hi this is my first post so hope it loads ok???? i currently have a six prong RB solitaire WG EG, a princess cut channel set eternity wedding ring and a baguette cut channel set eternity ring. I have a few things that are bugging me a little about this set. Firstly am thinking of resetting all onto platinum as think I must be quite hard wearing on my rings as they need replating every six months which is a drag. Secondly as my diamind is only a .60 I think (and my jeweller agrees) that the six prongs slightly cloud the beauty of the stone and a four prong would be more suitable (am also thinking maybe side stones???). Thirdly I dont think my rings sit perfectly together - which is my virgo side speaking but I would love it if they all sort of sat together nicely so I could mix and match. Please see attached pics and let me know what you think have been pondering this for about 2 years and it is definitly time for some outside help!!

AARRGH CANT GET PHOTO ON

dotb

Rough_Rock
Can''t say much until I see the pics, but I can say that I had a 6-prong solitaire for over 5 years before I finally switched to 4-prong, which is what I wanted all along. It was not very expensive to do, and it is SO MUCH BETTER I cannot say! Wish I''d done it so much earlier. Also, 4-prongs helps a bit with the sitting flush problem, because with 6 prongs there is often a pivot-point, whereas with 4-prong, at least even if there''s a slight gap, it''s even.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results