shape
carat
color
clarity

Thick wedding bands with thin erings

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
If anyone has a ring set that doesn't match in thickness (ie the e-ring is thinner than the wedding band and vice versa) - can they please post it here? I'm trying to decide if I would like the look...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is slightly thicker than my ering. My ering has 4-pointers, my wedding band has 7-pointers. It's not that noticeable, but I like a slight difference.
IMG_1247_0.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you can see the size difference a bit better here:
IMG_1228.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do.. I don't love it, so I'm having a new wedding band made that hopefully will be a better match in width:

wband is 2mm wide, Ering tapers from 2.6mm on the underside/palm-side to 2.2mm at the shoulders

file.jpg
file.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is a bunch of pictures of previous sets I've had, I like the non matchy look and different widths. Hope these helps. Sorry my examples are mostly of Erings that are thicker than the wband.
eringwidths.jpg

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
There are some beautiful wedding sets posted on here, thanks guys. I'm actually surprised, there really doesn't seem to be a lot of difference even though the rings don't match in width, and they all look good! If anyone else wants to post, please do - would love to see more non-matchy sets!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this one is about as "non-matchy" as you can get. The official wedding band (I tend to wear a half-enternity with eleven 7 pointers between these two) is gypsy-set with colored diamonds and clearly doesn't "go", but somehow it "goes". ;))

KR45diamond92.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1300844870|2877815 said:
Well, this one is about as "non-matchy" as you can get. The official wedding band (I tend to wear a half-enternity with eleven 7 pointers between these two) is gypsy-set with colored diamonds and clearly doesn't "go", but somehow it "goes". ;))

ksinger, I've never seen pics of your wedding set, it's really lovely! I love your wband...unique and very beautiful!

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1300891245|2878165 said:
ksinger|1300844870|2877815 said:

ksinger, I've never seen pics of your wedding set, it's really lovely! I love your wband...unique and very beautiful!

Ksinger, I love your set! It goes together very well without going together! Is your wedding band a "starlight" band?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Same style of band, but 2 pointers on the e-ring and 5 pointers on the wedding band (I think!)

rouge.JPG

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
Yimmers|1300905374|2878360 said:
Same style of band, but 2 pointers on the e-ring and 5 pointers on the wedding band (I think!)
Sorry to threadjack but Yimmers, I love your set. I am actually looking to get the Novela band with 5 pointers after seeing yours. Do you have any more pictures of just the band up close. It is so hard making a decision without seeing it in person. Thank you so much!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vanderaf|1300918407|2878499 said:
Yimmers|1300905374|2878360 said:
Sorry to threadjack but Yimmers, I love your set. I am actually looking to get the Novela band with 5 pointers after seeing yours. Do you have any more pictures of just the band up close. It is so hard making a decision without seeing it in person. Thank you so much!

Hi Vanderaf - I added some more to your thread!

DiamondBabe81

Rough_Rock
ring_blackandwhite.jpg

I love to look at everyone's sets - so beautiful. Here's mine. My e-ring's band is approximately 1.5mm and my wedding band's width is around 4.5mm. Their widths are extremely off but I love my set. I picked a wide band because I want my wedding band to be substantial and visible :love:

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
DiamondBabe81 that is a HUGE wedding ring! :love: I feel the same way as you I want my wedding band to be really noticeable, my ering is also very thin. I have tried on soooo many bands....! I'm more than happy for my wedding band to overpower my ering only problem is all the big ones bump against the prongs so it's going to be such a long battle in choosing :read:

DiamondBabe81

Rough_Rock
Eilonwy » I am happy I found this thread. I always see that dainty wedding bands are very popular, and to see/meet other ladies who also like thick wedding bands make me feel great... :appl: I am also glad to know that you too don't mind your wedding band overpowering your e-ring. I think it is nice to emphasize the wedding ring on one's finger --- after all, it is the symbol of your union as husband and wife. :love:

As for the prongs, I have a few issues with them, too... They tend to get caught on things that's why I try my best to be very careful... In addition to this concern, my ring does not sit flush. Although this is perfectly fine with me, this causes the two rings inevitably bump around each other a lot. :((

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
smiley12345|1300929258|2878589 said:
My set has my wedding band thicker....my e-ring is 2mm, my wedding band is 3mm...

Looking at your set is making me wish I bought a "matching" band for my Ering but thicker like your set is...

polkadotprincess

Rough_Rock
Mine's a very simple set! Both white gold (e-ring is 14k and band is 10k). Don't know the specifics on mm width, but I have a 0.48 princess cut for my engagement ring and a size 7 finger. :twirl:

100_1782_c.jpg

100_1788_c.jpg

100_1789_c.jpg

100_1790_c.jpg

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
Here are some examples of that idea I found.

mcfarland_designs_yellow_gold.jpg

mcfarland_designs_larger_solitaire.jpg

mcfarland_designs_white_gold.jpg

These were from McFarland Designs, but I don't know anything about how good their work is or whether they are easy to work with. Just found the pretty photos.

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
One more...

This one has many different widths together. I like the plain wide wedding band with the solitaire a LOT.

mixed_widths_rings.jpg

This photo came from Single B Studio. I don't really know anything about this vendor. Just found the pretty photo.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eilonwy, this was my set before reset. Had the band for 15 years. Now I wear it on my right hand.

Looking back I can see how much the plain band let the center stone shine. :)

image_598.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Another thread that I can add my set to! :appl: :appl:

It is nice to see thicker wedding bands be desired by so many people. The ultra thin bands are beautiful and dainty, but they just aren't for me. My finger size fluctuates too much depending on the temperature, and I'm just not able to pull off that look very well, imo. Plus, I like the finger coverage that thicker bands provide.

This is the set that I put together that I love. I have changed things up a bit, but the ering is original and the bands on either side are in replace of my original wedding band, which I now wear on my right hand.

photo_23_2.jpg

img_1654.jpg

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
I now have a nice photo of my set to share to this topic.

E-Ring: 9x7 east west oval green Australian sapphire in a bezel setting. 2mm band. Size 8.5
Wedding Ring: 6.5mm low-dome band. Size 9.

my_ring_-_wedding_photo.png

I also found a very bold set that belongs to someone named Shannon Nash. I know nothing about her or her jewelry, but it is definitely a wide band paired with a thin engagement ring.

shannon_nash_rings.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if my band counts as "thick" (it's 2.68mm wide), but compared to the shank on my solitaire, it is!

solitaire_with_fc_band.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on band 4 for the very same reason. I think it is a personal preference but I want my rings to blend together well enough to look like a set.

My ering is listed as a 3mm band but it's more like 2.7 to 2.8mm. My diamond is 1.52 carats.

I bought the Etoile band first but didn't want to have that thick of an ering; to me that is a lot of metal on my hand. Then I bought the 5 pointer channel set band but I felt it competed with my ering. So then I tried the sapphire diamond band; it is about the same size as my ering but little bezel set sapphires rarely sparkle. I just recently got the 3 pointer channel set and think it blends well with my ering.

Good luck with your search and decision.

Marcy

img_9343.jpg

img_9344.jpg

img_9347.jpg

_31323.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results