shape
carat
color
clarity

The wait is finally at an end...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I finally came home from my summer job in CA, and I was greeted at the airport with a rose. How sweet!

Then, in the trunk, I found two more.

Then, on the inside of the car... four more.

(those of you who are computer or math types have probably figured out that we''re computer science researchers by this point, and inveterate geeks)

So I drove home (he had a bike accident that day), and found... eight more roses.

At this point I started wandering around looking for my vase, and found that he had filled one with water already, but blocked my path to it, got down on one knee, and proposed. (He admitted later that he had decided on a line, and practiced it, and then forgot it, so it came out closer to "Wanna get married?") I accepted, of course. I''d already given him his present, a Baume&Mercier watch.

In any case, he took pictures already, so I''m all prepared. However, no hand shots yet because I kinda dislocated my wrist a bit (old injury) pulling a very heavy suitcase off of the belt. The whole bandage situation is not all that attractive. (I only did it to one hand, htough, so we still have one good wrist between us.)

Also, another warning for those of you getting your fingers sized -- my finger is 4.5-4.75 in CA, and seems to be a 5-5.25 in the PA summer. My fingers are SO swollen! I can''t really get my ring off! I''m not concerned, though, and I don''t have any reason to do so, and my heirloom ring is in the same fix -- and I know that one is LOOSE during the winter.

Specs:
Tacori something-or-other (it''s not exactly the one we picked out, but it''s quite delicate, which is great)
the sapphire is heat-treated, but nothing else
ring size: 4.75. finger size :variable

Now that I''m back in town, I can go ahead on a pretty bauble to go with it
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, that's not an inclusion, as far as I can see.

Aaaaand... the rest of the pictures will have to wait -- I don't have photoshop currently on this computer, so I can't resize the pictures. In any case, I'm all excited
1.gif

chialea6.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Chialea, that is the most gorgeous sapphire I have ever seen.
love.gif
It instantly reminded me of the Aegean Sea.
1.gif

Congratulations to you!!!!! How exciting and romantic.
16.gif
You guys sound perfect for eachother. I wish you many years of happiness and love.
21.gif

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Chialea, that's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you guys and thrilled that your "waiting has come to an end"! I'll take you off the list
2.gif

The ring is beautiful! I bet your thrilled...

Love to see more pics once your hand gets better (sorry to hear about your wrist).

Congrats!
appl.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post more pictures for those who love blues. That is a lively sapphire; a lively blue in an interesting setting. I'd like to see more pictures of the setting from various angles, if you don't mind.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - that's some beautiful ring!
love.gif

...and what a homecoming!
Best wishes & Congratulations to you both!
appl.gif

Hand pics soonest possible purty pls!
1.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Goregous. I would love to see more of the setting and more pics of the stone.

Glad your wait is finally over, and now the really crazy stuff begins.. planning the wedding.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely proposal. Got to hand it to the guy- injury and all.
Beautiful BALLUUUEE stone. Just lovely

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Yay! So exciting. Beautiful ring, too! I'll bet you're glad to be out of the ladies in waiting club... I'm ready to be an ex-member too
1.gif

Congratulations, it sounds like it was everything you dreamed of. Great story
1.gif

Bethany

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
A hundred and twenty-eight years of happiness to the two of you, Chialea!

What a pleasure to see two beautiful sapphire engagement rings in one week. I hope it's the start of a trend.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Another beautiful sapphire ring! Great choice. Congratulations, and post more pics please.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
A gorgeous rock on a gorgeous ring with a story guranteed to make people say "awwww...that's so cute!" What more can you ask for?

A gorgeous matching wedding band
2.gif
!

ginger

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I resized them all -- no hand pictures yet, I'll take those later.
1.gif

chialea_edit1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a side picture of the ring on we can see the setting?
Can you also tell us where you bought the sapphire?

Oops! Interrupted your picture posting. Wow, that is one gorgeous setting. Very intricate work. Was that custom made? It looks very Tacori-ish.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
(Hi, this is Chialea's new fiance here.)

----------------
Can you also tell us where you bought the sapphire?
----------------

Banner & Banner jewelers in the Clark building in Pittsburgh, PA. They ordered in a few stones at my request, and I picked the one I liked best. (Nobody around here seems to carry loose sapphires.) Aura Lee Banner was very friendly, patient and helpful.

----------------
Oops! Interrupted your picture posting. Wow, that is one gorgeous setting. Very intricate work. Was that custom made? It looks very Tacori-ish.----------------

As a matter of fact, it is a Tacori. Style 10018.

You may notice that the prongs in these photos are not quite right (the stone was kind of loose). Tacori messed this part up, and I had to have the jeweler fix this up after I got the ring. Fortunately I noticed this before giving it to Chialea.
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aura lee is fantastic!!! And on a side note their boxes are so cool.

My ex bought my rings from them. When I sold them after I left the cheating loser I made a good killing on them regardless of their white gold setting and ring. Thestones were just that good.

I LOVE that Tacori. The engraving is awesome.

PS: Mathews in Zelie might have been able to do Sapphires as well. I remmeber going in there a few times with a friend to make his fiancee's ring (sapphire sidestones) and they had a few loose gemstones available to look at besides the ones he bought. Mind you this was about 3 years ago.

foxglove

Rough_Rock
Yay! Another sapphire e-ring! That stone is absolutely gorgeous.. and what a perfect setting for it!
1.gif

You're going to find yourself staring at the different levels of blue in different lighting conditions. And occasionally get caught off guard and wonder why the colour is so intense..
12.gif

Congratulations!

foxglove

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results