Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Solitaire get's company

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please make a fabulous family pic of your bling Charmy!! :wavey:
I so agree with your predication regarding individual choices and uniqueness and 'classic difference'.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also hope to see more colored stone cabochons on Pricescope in 2015. :wavey:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread Acinom! And I am stoked to see my "Dobby" pendant up there amongst all this seriously amazing bling. :))

I voted for more than rings. I have made a few pearl purchases recently, and intend to make a few more. And I have been collecting several CS that I plan to set as earrings, pendants and bracelets. My rings tend to be something I get very sentimental about and want to wear everyday, so I have to purchase with a lot of careful thought or else it will just sit in the jewelry box and never see the light of day. With other jewelry, I rotate it and coordinate it with my outfits, and so would like a nice collection other than rings for variety. I used to do this with costume jewelry, but since finding PS I find I am soooo over my costume jewelry. I've learned that fine jewelry can be more creative and accessible than I had previously thought, and I am having a lot of fun with it!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
My dear friend, Acinom, I am so honored to be included in your jewelry forecast! I think we will see more colored stones, fancy shaped diamonds, and antique styles will go on strong in 2015.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting this thread, Acinom, and for featuring my baby AVR! (I think its nickname is now "Baby", same as my cat... :))

I voted for vintage, but this encompasses a broad spectrum. For me, vintage includes:

- vintage cut diamonds including OEC, OMC, transitionals, but also rose cuts.
- warm metals, including yellow and rose golds.
- colored gems, which were traditionally more popular than diamonds (before the rise of modern cutting techniques). I think sapphires, rubies and emeralds will remain popular, while interest will continue to grow in "hot" gems like Mahenge spinel, Luc Yen lavender spinel, and Paraiba tourmalines. Interest in cabbed/rose cut opaque or translucent gems such as moonstone, jade, opal, turquoise and cat's eyes/star gems will slightly increase. Chrysoberyl is also due for an increase in popularity!

Rose-cut moon stone earrings in YG:
moonstone_earring.jpg
Lapis lazuli cabochon ring in YG:
2014-10-31_11.jpg

I would also vote for "more than rings" as we are seeing more interesting pieces pop up, e.g. RoL's gorgeous vintage brooch-turned-bangle.

For me, my planned projects for 2015 are:

- light sea-green Afghan tourmaline in vintage-inspired rose gold ring setting with champagne diamonds (stone is currently being set)
- bubblegum pink tourmaline in 3-stone tapered baguette setting in rose gold (already bought the tourm but need to set it)
- dangly emerald pear earrings in yellow gold (in the works with Sally)
- a larger OEC or AVR (around 7-8mm; maybe 1.75-2.25 ct). Not sure if I can afford for its "forever" setting right away (probably from BE/ERD or Victor), but I want to buy the stone at least. :)
- champagne/peachy CS halo ring. Maybe sapphire, or chrysoberyl.... (not sure yet)

After that, I am definitely going to take a break from gems for a while to let my wallet recover. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1415045959|3776891 said:
I also hope to see more colored stone cabochons on Pricescope in 2015. :wavey:

Me too!! Do you have any plans of acquiring CS cabs yourself Derby?

_23834.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1415138768|3777516 said:
My dear friend, Acinom, I am so honored to be included in your jewelry forecast! I think we will see more colored stones, fancy shaped diamonds, and antique styles will go on strong in 2015.

Thanks for sharing your forecast Elysian :wavey:
I am so looking forward to see your pics of the Caysie ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvangelineG|1415113419|3777336 said:
Great thread Acinom! And I am stoked to see my "Dobby" pendant up there amongst all this seriously amazing bling. :))

I voted for more than rings. I have made a few pearl purchases recently, and intend to make a few more. And I have been collecting several CS that I plan to set as earrings, pendants and bracelets. My rings tend to be something I get very sentimental about and want to wear everyday, so I have to purchase with a lot of careful thought or else it will just sit in the jewelry box and never see the light of day. With other jewelry, I rotate it and coordinate it with my outfits, and so would like a nice collection other than rings for variety. I used to do this with costume jewelry, but since finding PS I find I am soooo over my costume jewelry. I've learned that fine jewelry can be more creative and accessible than I had previously thought, and I am having a lot of fun with it!

Thank you for sharing your personal wishlist!! It's so much fun to build up a personal collection isn't it!
Please post your pearls! I would love to see them. Pearls are so rounded and feminine, combine with both classic looks as well as bold modern looks. Pearls never go out of style!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1415157923|3777677 said:
Thanks for starting this thread, Acinom, and for featuring my baby AVR! (I think its nickname is now "Baby", same as my cat... :))

I voted for vintage, but this encompasses a broad spectrum. For me, vintage includes:

- vintage cut diamonds including OEC, OMC, transitionals, but also rose cuts.
- warm metals, including yellow and rose golds.
- colored gems, which were traditionally more popular than diamonds (before the rise of modern cutting techniques). I think sapphires, rubies and emeralds will remain popular, while interest will continue to grow in "hot" gems like Mahenge spinel, Luc Yen lavender spinel, and Paraiba tourmalines. Interest in cabbed/rose cut opaque or translucent gems such as moonstone, jade, opal, turquoise and cat's eyes/star gems will slightly increase. Chrysoberyl is also due for an increase in popularity!

I would also vote for "more than rings" as we are seeing more interesting pieces pop up, e.g. RoL's gorgeous vintage brooch-turned-bangle.

For me, my planned projects for 2015 are:

- light sea-green Afghan tourmaline in vintage-inspired rose gold ring setting with champagne diamonds (stone is currently being set)
- bubblegum pink tourmaline in 3-stone tapered baguette setting in rose gold (already bought the tourm but need to set it)
- dangly emerald pear earrings in yellow gold (in the works with Sally)
- a larger OEC or AVR (around 7-8mm; maybe 1.75-2.25 ct). Not sure if I can afford for its "forever" setting right away (probably from BE/ERD or Victor), but I want to buy the stone at least. :)
- champagne/peachy CS halo ring. Maybe sapphire, or chrysoberyl.... (not sure yet)

After that, I am definitely going to take a break from gems for a while to let my wallet recover. :naughty:

:lol: you are very effective and productive in building up your collection mochiko. Your collection is abdolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing a few of your beauties here!! I am so looking forward to see what your 2015 batch, especially that Tourmaline project. Did you ever post a pic in the CS section?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything may happen, but at this moment the clear top 3 consists of:
- more than rings
- color is king
- vintage styles

Some top 3 eye candy. We do see quite some integration of styles:

_23835.jpg

_23836.jpg

_23837.jpg

_23838.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More top 3 integration

_23839.jpg

_23840.jpg

_23841.jpg

_23842.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet more...

_23843.jpg

_23844.jpg

_23845.jpg

_23846.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Agree with the trend for warm metals.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1415188362|3777872 said:
Agree with the trend for warm metals.

pregcurious goes the warm way
How about vintage style in warm gold:

_23848.jpg

_23849.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any cab plans, but I've taken a liking to them this past year. I think they are a unique option for expensive stones like Paraiba. Am I wrong, but aren't cabs usually more affordable than faceted stones?

leon_cab_0.jpg

omi_prive_0.jpg

r6193_1-0684_0.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I got my push present bangle! Since the baby is coming in 2015, this technically falls into the 2015 forecast, right? Some quick iphone shots for now. The old cushion is either 1.81ct or 1.83ct. I had it written down as both in different places and forgot to ask Grace to confirm when I sent it in to her. Oops. Bangle is 14k YG with a 22k YG wash over it. The pendant is 1.39ct oec, set in 14k YG.

old_cushion_yg_bangle_1.jpeg

old_cushion_yg_bangle_2.jpeg

old_cushion_yg_bangle_4.jpeg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty, Now that's a bangle. Gorgeous!!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty-- what a fabulous bit of bling for your wrist. Happy baby, too! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bangle, love the rich buttery YG. Congratulations on your impending new arrival, ForteKitty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
How wonderful to see my rings featured!

I think we'll see more warm metals, more than rings and vintage will still reign supreme!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal: a cab will indeed in general have a lower price compared to a faceted stone. However the rings you posted from Leon will have a hefty price tag. I love those rings you posted.

What a gorgeous bracelet Fortekitty!!! Perfection and elegance combined in a gorgeous bracelet. It seems so wearable as well. Thank you for posting. That OEC looks much bigger by the way.

Thank you for sharing your reflections on 2015 Freke. It's such a pleasure to repost your jewelry pieces: they are stunning!!!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow ForteKitty!!
Congratulations on your pregnancy and that stunning bracelet :love:
Best of luck and good health to your and your family

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes, Acinom. No Leon cab ring for me ever! He's just my inspiration. :$$):

Michelez

Shiny_Rock
Aww thank you for posting my ring - you know the one that was inspired by yours!

I'm totally interested in getting a paraiba cab for next year!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me I pick solitares get company, (and also warm golds). Last year I got a yellow gold ring with emerald in bezel and this year had to to replace my old anniversary ring, and it is a solitaire in yellow gold. If money was no object I would love to get a mix of stackers to wear with it, some diamonds, some plain but interesting textures (such as twist, rope or embossed) and some with colored stones.

I already have many earrings, as well as some necklaces, and also colored stone pieces. I wish I could like bracelets and bangles but just find they annoy me, sorry.

Seeing on Etsy, there is a trend of using diamonds, or combinations of smaller diamonds and colored stones (some cabochons) in more organic, free flowing designs that seem somehow less fussy and more casual than some of the traditional diamond jewelry out there, so I wouldn't be surprised to continue to see that trend too.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1414953405|3776434 said:
None of the above. Cabochons & baguettes!

well I may lump this into vintage, as they were popular cuts in older designs. It also goes into classic but with a difference trend. I'd add french cuts and asschers to this.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some eye candy...

_23927.jpg

_23928.jpg

_23929.jpg

_23930.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more:

_23931.jpg

_23932.jpg

_23933.jpg

_23934.jpg

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
I was JUST thinking about this thread when I came to PS to add some pictures to my post. Definitely color is king (for me personally) for this upcoming year. Both color in stones and with gold. I am head over heels for warm metals recently. Still love WG, but I love having options. I love all of the pictures Acinom! Amazing to see them in one place.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty|1415227330|3778213 said:
I got my push present bangle! Since the baby is coming in 2015, this technically falls into the 2015 forecast, right? Some quick iphone shots for now. The old cushion is either 1.81ct or 1.83ct. I had it written down as both in different places and forgot to ask Grace to confirm when I sent it in to her. Oops. Bangle is 14k YG with a 22k YG wash over it. The pendant is 1.39ct oec, set in 14k YG.

OH MY GOSH! I'm dying over here! I love yellow gold so much, and those beautiful old cut stones to boot? I think I'm in heaven! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results