shape
carat
color
clarity

The pics are in: Leon Mege Halo set w/ old familystone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

familystone

Shiny_Rock

Well here it is a brief history of the ring:

where it all started:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/needs-help-finding-a-good-custom-platnum-smith.42162/

latest thread on the decision to go halo:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-halo-or-not-to-halo-omc-1-ct-stone.42516/

History pulled from the first thread with a few additions:

Here is a small story on the history of the ring: It was a stone that was originally in either my great grandmothers earring or great-great grandmothers. Either way the stone was passed down to me from my mother as it was given to her by my father who passed away 5 years ago. My father was older of two kids in his family and the other diamond stud his brother used in his engagement ring. My uncle and his wife are still happily married and my aunt still has the same engagement ring from my fathers family.

I am still not positive if it is an old mine cut or an old European but either way I am extremely happy to keep the stone in the family and pass it on to my hopefully soon bride to be. The stone was lost once by my mother during her marriage but was found in the fireplace ashes when she next went to clean the fireplace. (luckily no fire damage though) After my father's death she "put the ring away somewhere safe" and was unable to relocated for about two plus years. My father passed away around Christmas and coincidently my mother was moving from the home they lived in for over 25 years right around last Christmas. While in the process of packing up the house to move back to where her brothers and sisters live she found the ring on the top of a kitchen cabinet wrapped up in a paper towel. (ya interesting place for "safekeeping" but. . . that’s my mom

I am planning to propose after my finals are over on May 15th. The date is significant because this was my fathers birthday as well as my grandfathers birthday from my mother's side. It actually worked out somewhat randomly as that would have been the first chance I will have after my law school finals are done but it just seemed like it should be on this day.

Anyways. . ..

Here is my attempt to post the pictures

These are the pictures that Leon sent me that he took in his studio. I will try and attempt to take more myself after the proposal, if Ican figure out how to finally take ring pictures with a digital camera. Unfortunately my girlfriend has the better camera so it will be nearly impossible to get pictures until after the proposal.

Thank you everyone in helping me through the design of the ring and for showing your interest it truly meant a lot to me.

-Dave

familystone

Shiny_Rock
last one for now, I wish I had a pic of the profile of the ring as it really shows the ring/stone best features in my opinion. I guess I will have to wait untill I pic up the camera myself.

NY_3.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
You made a great decision. This ring is phenominal.
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck on you finals.
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I replied in your other thread but holy cow is this one gorgeous ring!!! Good luck with your finals!!!
34.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!
It turned out wonderfully. She's going to love it!
Congratulations and Good Luck on your finals!

Scintillating...

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
(swoooooooooooon) It is absolutely spectacular!! CONGRATS!
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I responded in the other thread too, but you have done such an amazing job with the ring. It''s just gorgeous. Please come back after you propose with some handshots.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Mrs. Salvo,

I promise to come back with more pictures after the engagement and I really can''t thank you enough for the help that you have given me throughout the whole process.

-Dave

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Just a few points on the ring it is just under a ct. center stone and it is set in .76 single cut melee and halo. I decided to go no-gallery becuase I love the profile without one and you can''t even see the prong wires when looking at it from the side. Additionally, I didn''t want a gallery so the a thin wedding band could sit "flush" on the special occasions that she wants to wear them together. (I know she shouldn''t where them together everyday b/c of the three sided pave and the rubbing issues)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swoon swoon swoon! Beautiful! Love the airline, the 3 sided pave, the beautiful setting - refresh my memory, did leon suggest single cut melee? If so is that what you went with?

familystone

Shiny_Rock
FireGoddess,

Thank you so much for your help and compliments. To answer your question, yes leon did suggest the single-cut melee and I ran with it. Hopefully I can get a close up of it when I take pictures.

-Dave

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a special story and a gorgeous ring!!! She is a very lucky girl and I know she will ADORE it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that ring is simply stunning! Leon does amazing work and I love your stone. Best of luck with your finals and with your proposal!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! She is going to love it! Congrats!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS, PERFECT, AMAZING!!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see the post-proposal hand shots--WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Utterly breathtaking! It turned out perfectly! OMCs just look right at home in a Leon setting! Good choice with the single cuts.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your interest it is driving me nuts that I have to wait another 10 days before I can put the ring on my girlfriends finger (or at least I hope). After I do I can''t wait to take all the pictures, I hope she doesn''t think I am nuts as I have hidden my PS addiction from her thus far.

-Dave

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
30.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've been waiting for this for SO long! Good job. Maybe you could have the wedding band made with two sides of pave? And if she's not wearing the e-ring it'll just look like one-sided to other people, but she'll get to see two sides?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous!!!!
21.gif
She will love it. Leon''s rings are a work of art. You have obviously taken much effort, and your sentimentality as to the date of the proposal is so sweet (my husband was the same!).

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning..I''m such a sucker for a Leon Halo...

Beautiful, and congratulations....

familystone

Shiny_Rock
JulieN,

Thanks for the suggestion I think I am going to leave the wedding ban completely up to my girlfriend. I was hoping that leon will do the band as well and just bring Joni there and let em design it together.

-Dave

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely would love to see some more shots as well as closeups of that single cut melee when you get the chance. Beautiful ring, again. Had to take another peek.
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The ring is gorgeous!! I love it!!!!!
30.gif

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for checking in Diva and keep those Celeb rings coming in the hangout

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results