shape
carat
color
clarity

The pics are in: Leon Mege Halo set w/ old familystone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Ok so I was looking through all my old threads and just wanted to thank everyone that helped contribute to the research and the creation of the ring. . . ..so . . . .

Cymbrie, JulieN, mrssalvo, Mexi, valeria101, jetmal, asscherisme, canuk-gal, f0rbidden, february2003bride, FireGoddess, blondie76, diamond_quester, indecisive, Jelly, decodelighted, Sarita, Mrs Darlin Joy, diamond_quester, KittenKat, albicocca, roxy7, KristyDarling, Morticia, aphisiglovessae, fatafelice, DiamondLil, mamchris, Honeyfly, Scintillating, angelainjapan, Matatora, blueroses, marvel, allycat0303, JohnQuixote, oldminer, glitteratia, DiaGem

THANK YOU ALL!!!

If I missed anyone I am truly sorry and I appriciate the time and effort you all spent in helping me put this ring together

Everyone that has commented on the finsihed product I sincerely thank you for the interest in the ring

Sincerely,

Dave

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo, what a lucky girl to get to wear that beautiful ring, with all the thought and history and love that went into it. Congratulations to both of you, and may your marriage sparkle and glow.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful, and what a great way to carry on the family stone! :) I''m sure the new setting will be treasured by future generations too!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG!

My heart stopped when I saw that beautiful work of art!!!!!!!! I love that ring...it has such great sentimental value. Your girl will be honored to wear it. I know I would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
you are very fortunate, that is such an amazing ring! AMAZING!!! IT is just beautiful. I always have wanted a leon mege, okay, always as in as long as I''ve been on pricescope. Someday.... Wear yours in good health and happiness.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow this is a stunner! A love this setting and it so nice to be able to use a famil stone!
emlove.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s amazing

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...Leon does amazing work...your ring turned out fabulous
30.gif
Best of luck on your proposal!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! the ring turn out so beautiful.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that just looks exceptional!! congratulations, i love it.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
wow, now that''s an heirloom if i''ve ever seen one
2.gif
what a lucky lucky lady!!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Whenever I see another LM halo, I think- why didn''t I go with that design when I had him make my ring.
Your ring is gorgeouis!!! Absolutely beautiful, wear it in good health and happiness!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very classic - lovely!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely perfect!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
She is going to looooove the ring, and the sentimentality behind it!!! That is truly a masterpiece!!!!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yummmm haven''t seen a Leon yet that wasn''t fantastic! she will looooooove it, no doubt!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful! What a lovely ring!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
One word - GORGEOUS....drooling here...

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everybody,

Well 4 finals down 2 to go and only a few more days till the 15th (proposal date!!)

Thanks Roxy can''t wait for your boyfriend proposes so I can get a look at your ring to!

-Dave

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alright! 2/3 done with finals. Way to go. I can hardly wait for this proposal!!
36.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your ring is incredible. Absolutely gorgeous...

Congrats, familystone!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
OMG- how have I missed this? What an incredible story, stone, and ring! Good luck Monday and report back quickly.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
ARGGGG I hate that your whole post gets deleted if you hit refresh by accident. Anywyas the proposal story is soon to come.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
*Perks up*
Handshots - Handshots?

Scintillating...

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Ok so, after a few bumps in the road I made it to May 15th.

Thursday I thought I was never going to make it. After completely stressing out over exams as needing to wait for another couple of weeks to get my results my head was kinda frazzled. On top of the exams my girlfriends get strep throat and two ear infections on Thursday and is out of work. The last straw was that it is supposed to be torrential rain on Monday. Needless to say the outlook for the proposal on the 15th was not good.

Well after four days of antibiotics, the exams behind me the only obstacle seemed to be the weather. I woke up Monday morning shortly after Joni went to work at 7:30 in the morning. Then I ran around trying to pack what I thought we would need for the night in the city. Its not easy for a man to try and figure out what I woman would want to wear on the night of her engagement. So. . . . I had two of her dresses cleaned and packed with my suit along with just about every hair product/make-up case other jewellery I could stuff in the suitcase. Oh and of course I brought like four pairs of shoes for her to pick out of. Well after packing the bags which looked like we were staying for a week instead of a night I was off to the city.

First stop was at Justin Kralls so that I could get a final insurance appraisal now that the stone was set. Once again I would recommend him to anyone and he did a quick appraisal of the diamond studs I bought her over Christmas pre-ps education.

Next, it was off to the hotel where I arranged for the room to be ready early so that I could unpack the bags and get everything set up with flowers and such. The hotel couldn''t have been more friendly as we were staying at the Hotel Alex which is at 45th and third. The room was more then I expected as we stayed in the penthouse that had a terrace with a great view of the chrysler building, grand central station, and the east river to our left. Unfortunately after I had the car valet''ed I was missing my phone. This was not good because It was already a little past one and I had the limo picking me up in Hoboken at 2 and no way to contact the limo company.

Well, since I was running behind I had to suck it up and take a cab all the way back to Hoboken because I never would have made it on time if I took the path but. . . the cabby flew and I made it back at a little before 2. Unfortunately NO LIMO, and no phone to call them. After a few emails and borrowing my neighbor''s phone the limo showed up at 2:20 not ideal timing because I had to get to North Bergen talk to Joni''s parents and then get to her school all before 2:50. While the driver was late he definitely made up for it in his aggressive driving and got me to her parents hose by 235. After asking permission I was out the door and at her school by quarter of 3.

When I got to the school (she is a teacher) I knocked on her door and was able to pull her out into the hallway where we were alone and this is where I asked her to marry me. I had debated lots of different time and places but I figured this would be the only way I could really catch her by surprise and I also knew we could enjoy the rest of the day. Luckily she said yes and then the tears started flowing. I definitely embarrassed he because then word got out and all the teachers came down to congratulate her and they even made an announcement over the intercom. She was mortified in a good way. When we went out to the limo to leave all the kids were cheering including her two nieces that got to her school.

Next stop was back to the parents to show off the ring and a quick glass of champagne with the family (brothers, parents and her uncle showed up to) This was another reason I wanted to give her the ring first because I knew she would want to show her mom right away. After that it was off to the city.

Unbelievably the clouds cleared and it actually got Sunny out when we arrived at the hotel. It was around 5 o''clock and it was perfect time to enjoy a glass of wine out on the terrace. After that we found I only forgot black socks and my belt and a brush for her so we took a quick walk to go shopping. When we got back, we both showered and got ready which having the two bathrooms definitely was convenient and a luxury we are not accustom to living in our one bedroom apartment at home.

Then it was just getting to be sundown so we finished the bottle of wine and had a fondue appetizer on the terrace and then it was off to dinner at One if by land two if by sea. We have been there before and I had requested a table that we have sat in in the past in the red room in front of the fireplace but, when they called to confirm they told me the red-room is usually not open on Mondays. However, when we got there (at this point the rain was really coming down) the table was ready and the fire was burning which was great to warm up to after running inside from the rain. Anyways dinner was fantastic and even though I never told them it was an engagement dinner they figured it was because of my request of the table and such they brought desert with two glasses of champagne and congratulations written in chocolate for our deserts.

Anyways, the night was perfect and when we woke up I made us breakfast and also had chocolate fondue for us as she loves chocolate cover strawberries. It killed me to leave but we had to as she had to go back to work (she took a half day today) and I had to work tonight as well.

Sorry about the long winded post but here are some of the pictures:

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Ok now I am trying to figure out how to upload these pics becuase the files are too big right now

familystone

Shiny_Rock
ok here is the first attempt post photo-shot shrinking

dinner hand candle sm.jpg

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
It is LOVELY.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And I think it is wonderful that you can wear a piece of family history. CONGRATS!!!

familystone

Shiny_Rock
here is another pic from dinner in the candle/fire light of the desert

desert sm.jpg

familystone

Shiny_Rock
here are some pics of the view from the terrace

terrace sm.jpg

familystone

Shiny_Rock
terrace other view

view east river.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results