shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW The Great Trade-off: New WF ACA Studs

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, have been hankering for a pair of these for some time now, maybe a few years, & after I saw LLJ'sMom upgrade knew they had to be at least 1.3's apiece. We had a trip planned to Fl, & thought, why not, lets do it. The WF Team (bless their hearts) expedited it so they would get them out early in time for Florida departure.

Arrival day, I eagerly headed to the local Fed Ex spot to pickup, then proceeded to the gym to meet my gym husband to work out. This was a Sat, 1/17.

The following Monday early eve, 1/19, did a 180 turn in the kit, (no biggy, right?) went flying, hit air & low behold, landed & broke my right upper femur. Clean break, hip. Surgery Tue am & all the drama that goes along with major surgery hip break etc. Who knew, I'm only 56.

So, got home from the hosp the day (1/24) we were to leave for our sunny warm Florida tip. I guess I'll take my new ACA's & hosp over a trip to Fl. Sisters/Brothers in bling, this must be when you have bling obsession reallly bad, right?!? :)

So, had them on the day they arrived & then yesterday. In bed w/ glorious bed head. They made me smile. They are gorgeous. Noticeable difference from the 2 TCW pair. Sparkle ACA style, & love the size. Chose the Plat Martini settings.

Am in great spirits, the hip is a PIA, but really, we'll survive this one too. No prob with pelvis thankfully. Muscle memory is great, keep working out gals & guys! Every bit goes a long way!

You guys are gonna have to wait for ear shots. Its sorta like drunk driving from the couch right now. :lol:

I couldn't get Preview (on my lap to pro) to edit out the WF logo on the BW glamor shot. I got it to work on the obligatory flower shot, but can't remember what sequence of steps I went through. :roll eyes: More to come later...

---Edited, looks like the WF logo DID not edit out in the flower shot also, I'll have to work on it in a bit. Need a break.

cropped_3-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-in-platinum-by_whiteflash_17465_aca.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no, forgot the stats: 1.301 & 1.306 H VS2, ACA's.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, they are gorgeous earrings and I look forward to ear shots when you are feeling up to it! Wishing you a speedy recovery 8)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so, so sorry about your injury! It's frightening how fast something like that happens. Best wishes for continued full recovery!

Your studs are scrumptious - I guess it's easier to heal when you've got something beautiful to look at and admire. I hope you guys can reschedule your Florida trip for a later date.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AMAZING!!! I would be smiling with bed head and all of its glory if I were wearing those babies too - I have no doubt that they'll speed your recovery ;-) Congrats!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, those are perfect, Sarah! :appl: You've got such an enviable WF collection now!

I hope you will get well soon!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kathleen, MGR & Endless, thank you so much for your well wishes. I have been so emotional: ex: neighbor drops by with dinner, leaves, & I sit down & cry. I'm overwhelmed each time by the goodness in friends & family. It's going to be alright. :)

Of course, thank you for your compliments. I did figure out how to edit, & here are the edited WF glamor shots. I will get some ear shots maybe tomorrow. :)

I think I'll make dangles out of my old studs, just trying to figure it out. Thank you guys again. :wavey:

_26462.jpg

_26463.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1422585536|3824190 said:
Oh, those are perfect, Sarah! :appl: You've got such an enviable WF collection now!

I hope you will get well soon!

Oh thank you M2B, I am very happy with them but nothing touches your 4 + TCW pair!!!!! :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, you poor thing!!! I am so sorry about your accident!! :(( Get better soon!

But, I guess there's nothing like new diamonds to cheer you up! Those are gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: I cannot wait for some ear shots!

I coincidentally am talking to them now about upgrading mine...again. I am sure they are ready to block my email address! :lol: (they are most gracious, however!)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg the perfect size! You poor girl!! Get better and enjoy those studs minus the bed head!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1422584472|3824182 said:
I am so, so sorry about your injury! It's frightening how fast something like that happens. Best wishes for continued full recovery!

Your studs are scrumptious - I guess it's easier to heal when you've got something beautiful to look at and admire. I hope you guys can reschedule your Florida trip for a later date.

It's like this MGR, you're on the phone with your gal pal, doing the dinner prep, turn around to reach something & bam!! Over in a second. Going ninty down the freeway & hitting a brick wall.

This one we can handle. Keeping it in perspective. Thank you for your wishes!! :wavey: :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG :-o I sincerely hope that you are O.K and that you recover soon!!!! Your earrings are beyond stunning, congrats!!! And I hope that they are cheering you up a bit given the circumstances!!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1422586497|3824206 said:
Omg the perfect size! You poor girl!! Get better and enjoy those studs minus the bed head!

oh thank you Mayk!! I do love them, & cannot wait to get dressed to go somewhere even if it's the grocery store. BTW, your DBTY bracelet is permanently affixed to my arm...I just love it, it's being well taken care of. :wavey: :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1422586622|3824210 said:
OMG :-o I sincerely hope that you are O.K and that you recover soon!!!! Your earrings are beyond stunning, congrats!!! And I hope that they are cheering you up!!!!

Arkie, thank you :) I think they'll be what the DR ordered...I do love them.

I have to be upbeat & positive about it, last week was not pretty. This week we've turned a few corners, the pain had been the main issue. That's a big bone!

PT comes to the house, 1st appt today. It went well, now that I have my work outs to do, I'll feel more proactive instead of just laying there. It's all a mental thing IMHO.

Thank you for your well wishes! :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1422586390|3824204 said:
Oh my goodness, you poor thing!!! I am so sorry about your accident!! :(( Get better soon!

But, I guess there's nothing like new diamonds to cheer you up! Those are gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: I cannot wait for some ear shots!

I coincidentally am talking to them now about upgrading mine...again. I am sure they are ready to block my email address! :lol: (they are most gracious, however!)

Thank you DS! The diamonds do help.... :). :love: :love:

This size is quite a difference from my 2 CTW pair. I'm thinking about what to do with these now. :think:

WF is the best, have enjoyed every transaction with them--a great team! Look forward to seeing what you end up with! :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1422586739|3824211 said:
OOOOOO - that flower pic is amazing!

No doubt, they always manage to do it just right!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your accident. It is the small things that get us. I love your new studs though - they are totally gorgeous!!! I have worn my 2.5 carat total studs in martini settings for nine years now and I still enjoy them everyday. I hope you have a speedy recovery and much pleasure from wearing your fantastic new bling.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb, I broke my leg and knee 2-1/2 years ago. I'm also 56, btw. I want to send you a message of hope---I'm continuing to see improvement in the bone/s even at my age and just going through menopause. I don't limp one little bit. I don't run and I can't really hop, though ;))

Read through Missy's thread, it has a lot of good stuff in it. Control your pain, get sleep even if it means Ativan or Atarax, use YOUR best judgment in PT (pain is your guide, avoid it until the bone is healed).

It takes 3 years to rock solid heal bone. You'll be 'healed' in the first 6 months but keep that 3-year mark in your head when choosing your activities.

Shower grabs, mini bed grab bar, grabbit stick, vitamin D and algal calcium! Voltaren gel.

You can do this!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb, so very sorry to hear about your injury. I hope your stunning new studs will help you recouperate faster. ;-). The stones look amazing. I am sure you will just never take them off. Mine are on 24/7. Workouts, runs, sleeping... In fact they are the only pair of earrings I have that won't cause my skin to react. Congratulations!! They are beautiful. Sending you lots of healing dust.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally forgot to compliment your beautiful new bling!!! Love the pics!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about your injury. I am sending you mega PS healing dust your way. Your ACA studs are gorgeous and I know they'll help brighten your days. Take care.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about your injury, wishing you a speedy recovery! Your studs are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great trade-off indeed. If only life were all just diamonds! I'm sorry for your injury.
Sending healing vibes your way.

e4e057a2c745cd9c928208ea3f016eb4_0.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sarah, so sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you recover fully and soon, until then we are here to offer you a shoulder. Congrats on your gorgeous bling, at least you do have something to smile about while you must remain in bed. I wish you all the best and take care.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb, I am so so sorry about your accident and injury and I am sending healing vibes, good thoughts and big hugs your way. Also as much support as you want. I went through surgery and rehab due to my injury in June and if there is anything I can do to help I am here for you. My injury was very different though so I cannot offer much advice re hip surgery except to say my mom went through it over a decade ago and was in rehab for a couple of weeks and did well with the whole process.

Know we are all here for you in any way we can be and please do not hesitate to ask for support. Sending love and hugs your way. And bucket loads of good luck dust for your surgery and speedy and full recovery. (((HUGS))).

ETA: And congrats on your beautiful earrings. LOVE them. :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, Sarah! I am so sorry to hear about your injury! What a crazy thing to happen! You sound like you are in pretty good spirits, and that is half the battle. Doesn't hurt to have some gorgeous new bling! Love love love them! Can't wait to see some ear shots when you feel better. Gorgeous earrings on bed head is certainly better than bed head without, right? It will be the impetus for your recovery! I am glad the pain is a bit more manageable now. I hope you can find some small ways to enjoy the down time, bling helps but also some great books too, if you like to read. Take care, much dust coming your way!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, you act like a broken femur is an every day kind of thing! Thank goodness you have those beautiful ACAs to take your mind off
it! They are gorgeous! Sending healthy, happy healing dust!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, just want to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery, I am so sorry to hear about your accident and I'm sending lots of healing dust and positive thoughts to you, you sound like you are handling things well. And I totally get that those gorgeous earrings are providing lots of distraction for you! :love: They are absolutely stunning and an amazing size - keep a hand mirror close by so you can admire the sparkle! :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a business!!! Healing vibes across the miles. :wavey:

Love your new earrings and your upbeat attitude!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results