carat
color
clarity

#JOTW The Great Trade-off: New WF ACA Studs

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1422589438|3824226 said:
I am so sorry about your accident. It is the small things that get us. I love your new studs though - they are totally gorgeous!!! I have worn my 2.5 carat total studs in martini settings for nine years now and I still enjoy them everyday. I hope you have a speedy recovery and much pleasure from wearing your fantastic new bling.

Thank you Sundial for your kind words--I think this is the perfect size too. Appreciate your well wishes :). :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1422589550|3824227 said:
Sarahb, I broke my leg and knee 2-1/2 years ago. I'm also 56, btw. I want to send you a message of hope---I'm continuing to see improvement in the bone/s even at my age and just going through menopause. I don't limp one little bit. I don't run and I can't really hop, though ;))

Read through Missy's thread, it has a lot of good stuff in it. Control your pain, get sleep even if it means Ativan or Atarax, use YOUR best judgment in PT (pain is your guide, avoid it until the bone is healed).

It takes 3 years to rock solid heal bone. You'll be 'healed' in the first 6 months but keep that 3-year mark in your head when choosing your activities.

Shower grabs, mini bed grab bar, grabbit stick, vitamin D and algal calcium! Voltaren gel.

You can do this!!!!!

azstonie, wow. What great inspiration your story is!! I am so sorry you had 2 breaks & at one time! Was it the same leg? Oh my word.

The pain has been the biggest challenge, but feel like we've turned another corner in that regard. :dance:

Thank you so much for reaching out--& I will definitely go re-read Missy's thread now from a different perspective, & love your tips!! I'll google grabbit sick, algal calcium & Voltaren gel--many thanks, & the very best of wishes on your continued journey & healing! :wavey: :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1422590429|3824234 said:
Sarahb, so very sorry to hear about your injury. I hope your stunning new studs will help you recouperate faster. ;-). The stones look amazing. I am sure you will just never take them off. Mine are on 24/7. Workouts, runs, sleeping... In fact they are the only pair of earrings I have that won't cause my skin to react. Congratulations!! They are beautiful. Sending you lots of healing dust.

Oh thank you LLJsmom for your wishes, we're taking it one day at a time :). Am very happy with this size, wonderful that you are not bothered anymore with skin reactions, what a pain that must of been!! Thanks for the dust, I'll take it!! :wavey: ;-)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy|1422594977|3824265 said:
Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about your injury. I am sending you mega PS healing dust your way. Your ACA studs are gorgeous and I know they'll help brighten your days. Take care.

Thank you so much Marcy, I do love them, appreciate your kindness & well wishes, PSr's are the best!! :wavey: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1422606023|3824327 said:
So sorry to hear about your injury, wishing you a speedy recovery! Your studs are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

Thank you ricezo, for. Other your wishes & compliments!! They will get tons of wear, I can promise you!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm just going to try to answer everyone here in this post, I don't know how to I nclude multiple responses in one thread.

Jimmieanne, thank you for those healing vibes--it's been a good day here :) :wavey:

OVinzie, thank you as well for your kind words, bling goes with everything. I have them on again today. A definite upper, thank you so much! :appl:

Aw Missy, what a saga you've been through, I hope your healing has progressed for you, I think I will visit your thread & learn your tips & catch up where you've been. Your sincerity & way with words leap right out of the page as if you were siting right here. You are the sweetest thing, thank you so much for your hugs & offering of support. PS is a wonderful community. & thanks for your compliments!! :wavey:

Luv2sparkle, have you read the Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon--cannot put it down, on the 3rd out of what I think are 7 books. A sweet love story that has so many twists & turns. What an escape it is! If you have not, try to pick it up next time. The first 60 or so pages were NOT good, & wondered why my mom just praised it so, but keep reading, it's great! Thank you for your dust & kindness, my hope is this recovery will go smoothly! :wavey: :wavey:

tyty333, I look at it this way: if this is what it is, then I am so freaking fortunate. We have been so incredibly blessed, & yes, it is painful, it's a PIA, & my muscles ache tonight from lack of activity, I slept horribly last night.....but darn it, this too shall pass. I think about those FB posts we've all seen with those horrible permanent injuries, cancers, etc etc., just gotta keep it in perspective. It'll be fine :), & the bling sure is a fun twist to the entire thing--thanks so much for your encouragement & kindness!! :wavey: :wavey:

Junebug17, thank you too for your kindness, we will be 2 weeks Monday into this, & it's going fine. Step by step, & thank you for your compliments, I can't wait to post some decent photos for you guys to see. Take care yourself!! :wavey: :wavey:

Canuk-gal: keep those healing vibes headed down south sister, upper Midwest to be exact :sun: thank you so much!! :wavey: :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah
Beautiful pair of earrings!.Love the martini settings... :love: :appl: New diamonds will heal your injury much quicker... :wink2:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
sarahb I hope you feel better soon! Those are some amazing earrings!! I look forward to more pictures, and some ear shots. :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1422668231|3824729 said:
Sarah
Beautiful pair of earrings!.Love the martini settings... :love: :appl: New diamonds will heal your injury much quicker... :wink2:

Thank you DF, I want to take some ear shots, but with the grey outside, & everyone so compromised here, especially hubby, the last thing I want to ask, after everything else, is to take pics of my ears.

He's really had a tough run with this--but the one thing I have learned (tongue in cheek) is he indeed knows how to operate the washing machine. :dance: Bless his heart. ;-)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alistra|1422669699|3824746 said:
sarahb I hope you feel better soon! Those are some amazing earrings!! I look forward to more pictures, and some ear shots. :appl:

Alistra, every time I see your avatar, it reminds me of the girl friend I was on the phone with when it happened. She has that same photo as her profile pic on FB. Thank you for your wishes & compliments :appl: Ear shots soon, I promise!! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ACA studs are jewels of the week. Sweet. :appl:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings! Get well soon

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your hip.
Hoping for a soon recovery.

Your studs are beyond amazing. Congrats with Jewel of the Week.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rosie, Marcy & Acinom--wow, thank you for your compliments, I'm surprised they made it JOTW without ear shots! Better get my rear in gear.... it is bar none, the absolute worst conditions for ear shots: fine snow falling outside, against indoor yellowish or sage colored walls, so you see, my options are not that great. Plus a bit of vanity--am still in hospital gown. They let me wear it home--which am so thankful as it is so comfortable!! This Tue have dr check up, it remains to be seen if I will put on makeup. Vanity will win, who am I kidding. Maybe I can get some shots then... thanks you guys!!! :wavey: :wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1422812281|3825540 said:
Rosie, Marcy & Acinom--wow, thank you for your compliments, I'm surprised they made it JOTW without ear shots! Better get my rear in gear.... it is bar none, the absolute worst conditions for ear shots: fine snow falling outside, against indoor yellowish or sage colored walls, so you see, my options are not that great. Plus a bit of vanity--am still in hospital gown. They let me wear it home--which am so thankful as it is so comfortable!! This Tue have dr check up, it remains to be seen if I will put on makeup. Vanity will win, who am I kidding. Maybe I can get some shots then... thanks you guys!!! :wavey: :wavey:

I have to disagree! There is no way any kind of lighting or wall color can make your studs look bad! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can enjoy these babies!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So sorry about your injury, sending positive vibes your way! Those studs are amazing :love: Congratulations on Jewel of the Week :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nala & woofmama--thank you guys so much--I just don't look that great right now, that's probaby more the hesitancy than anything else. who wants to take a pic of yourself when you feel & look like crap, ya know?!?

Woofmama, I have to tell you, I love your name. We are huge dog lovers here, husband just adores them. Your name is perfect given your business! :wavey:

& Nala, your ring is stunning!! Really a nice upgrade there, it looks beautiful, congrats for finding it!! :wavey: :appl:

Go Hawks! :bigsmile:

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Dear Lord those are AMAZING :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Candygrl|1422869474|3825875 said:
Oh Dear Lord those are AMAZING :love:

Completely agree!

I told my Mom all about your story- life can change so quickly- my heart and thoughts go out to you and your family. You are giving this a great attitude and I admire your perspective and courage very much.

And... sigh, your studs are magnificent. I'm glad you have something so sparkly and beautiful to cheer you up.

Very best wishes during your recovery.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think it's official - the only way to make a horrible hip break bearable is with 2.6 carats of ACAs!! My goodness what an awful ordeal. So glad you had those SPECTACULAR beauties to keep you company in recovery! I can't wait for your ear pics!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Candygirl, Rosebloom, Apacherose, thank you both so much!! I agree, 2.6 carats of ACA's does make it bearable. This is such a wonderful community, everyone has been so supportive, thank you all!!! :wavey:

We are hanging in there--if we had kids at home, it would've of been far more difficult. With just hubs & I, things can slide a bit. My context is sort of different than some. Had an extremely fortunate cancer chapter a few years ago, so this hip is just ok--as for courage, google Romans 8:28 verse 31. We can handle it, you know what I mean? :wavey:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I'm drooling sorry feel better

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1422889644|3825969 said:
Candygirl, Rosebloom, Apacherose, thank you both so much!! I agree, 2.6 carats of ACA's does make it bearable. This is such a wonderful community, everyone has been so supportive, thank you all!!! :wavey:

We are hanging in there--if we had kids at home, it would've of been far more difficult. With just hubs & I, things can slide a bit. My context is sort of different than some. Had an extremely fortunate cancer chapter a few years ago, so this hip is just ok--as for courage, google Romans 8:28 verse 31. We can handle it, you know what I mean? :wavey:

awesome! :halo: :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are by far, the worst IRL pics EVER. Now that I can function semi drug free, these babies really do sparkle. Can't capture them "just right", the pics are with my cell, in front of a floor to ceiling window. It's not sunny outside, rather only white light reflecting back in from the snow out side. But I know, as a PSr bling pics are the best! :bigsmile:

We have received some gorgeous flowers (from very dear people) & I took a few shots in one of the arrangements. Please excuse the lack of creativity guys, not quite operating a full speed yet--but making humongous progress, the support here & from all over has been so humbling. Thank you all!! :wavey:

I am questioning my choice of martini settings, my 2ctw pair are in a traditional basket setting, & I'm toying with going back to that, as these Martina's droop quite a bit. You'll see what I mean in the ear pic, which by the way, may post upside down grrrrrr....once I get back on my feet, I'll get some better pics.

_26629.jpg

_26630.jpg

_26631.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great on you Sarah, even upside down! :cheeky:

Do you happen to have the jumbo friction backs? That's what worked for me in the past. Or, you can switch to DS's 4 prong basket setting from WF as an alternative.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a lovely pair of studs. Absolutely gorgeous! As m-2-b said, they DO look fantastic on you even upside down. :lickout:

Hoping for a speedy recovery so you can wear those babies out & about!

Judy
:)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know, upside down, that is funny , good grief! :lol: :lol: :lol:

M2B, I have the La Pousettes. I'll ask WF about the extra lg friction backs. Maybe I can find something similar locally--where did you get yours? My baskets with my other pair don't droop as much as these martini's do. & with these ACA's you certainly don't want them facing the floor!! :errrr: 8) Maybe I'll just go straight to the baskets.

Judy: You are awesome because you are a nurse, you guys work your tails off & have my deep respect hands down. What a great profession! :appl:

Thank you for stopping by, & yes, I can't wait--thank you for your compliments! :wavey: :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, great new pictures. They look fabulous on your ears. My studs are a lot smaller but I got Whiteflash's 6 prong martini and I like them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to try to repost your picture right side up because I really need to see the size! At the moment, they just do not have a pair of H's in the 1.20-1.29 range which is what I would maybe ideally want. I am considering a slightly smaller pair. I am also undecided on a setting. But my last ones were special order because the settings are lower than their standard 4 prong basket one, so that may not be accessible. Flat bottom/set low is less likely to tilt, in my personal experience. Donna's gorgeous 6 prong crown head would be another option.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-15ctw-studs-in-custom-whiteflash-6-prong-crown-settings.186405/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-15ctw-studs-in-custom-whiteflash-6-prong-crown-settings.186405/[/URL]

_26648.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my DS--how did you do that? Do I need to compensate by saving the pdf upside down on my macbook before upload it? I'd like to learn how its not too hard to explain via text :) Thank you!!

As for a setting, I need to figure it out, as mentioned, I have a 2ctw pair in baskets, & they don't droop as these do. I'll check out that link you posted--thank you!! Good luck on your search, be patient, you'll find the ones meant to be :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results