shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunkist''s .95ct K VS2 in Lockes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
My fiance (!!
9.gif
) proposed to me earlier this week and I am sooo thrilled by the special little token of our engagement =o= that he gave me, but even more I'm thrilled to be his own fiancee and future wife! Since I know you're not here to listen to me go and on about my sweetie-pie
3.gif
I'll get on to the pics of my ring!

Here's a LINK to LIW thread with more photos, hand-shots, profiles...

DSCN3996.jpg

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
sunkist
36.gif
36.gif

congratiation! very nice ring!
I can''t belive it''s K?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous!! That''s one of my favorite settings!! Congrats!!
30.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s super white for a K. Congratulations. It''s gorgeous. I love the crown.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Sunkist! Was it a surprise? Love the leaf shots. There''s something about the green and diamonds...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your beautiful diamond and your amazing photography skills never stop fascinating me. I could stare at this thread for hours. By the way, is it just me or do you think your diamond looks whiter set compared to loose?? It definitely looks whiter to me, but I''m curious if it''s just my imagination.

E B

Ideal_Rock
That is one stunning ring you have there! Congratulations! I love the little diamonds in the head.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love the head that holds that beautiful diamond! If I were to have a round solitaire, that''d be the setting I''d want.
3.gif
2.gif
Congratulations on becoming engaged!!!

Autumn Dreams

Rough_Rock
Sunkist-

I think my heart stopped when I saw these pictures!!!

Now that you have the Lockes ring, how does it compare to the pictures you''d seen of it on PS before you ordered it? Was it what you expected it to be when you first saw it? Is the shank as weighty looking in real life as it appears in the pictures? Are the prongs delicate looking in real life or do they look substantial? Is it comfortable? Have you thought about what kind of wedding band you will be getting? Do the surpise diamonds add extra sparkle to the ring or do you even notice they are there?

Sorry so many questions but inquiring minds want to know (well, maybe just me LOL) !

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful sunkist..the perfect setting for you wonderful stone...

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
How in the world did you take those fabulous pics???!!!!!! Is your skill or your camera???!!!!

Beautiful
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, best wishes for a very happy engagement and marriage! I remember reading about your stone and getting it set in a Lockes over on LIW...it is stunning, what a beautiful K!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely perfect! Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Sunkist! It is nice to see that killer diamond in that incredible Locke''s solitaire setting. What a gorgeous ring!!!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Sunkist!! I love the new photos! You have an amazing stone and an amazing ring on your hands!! It''s so beautiful. Don''t you just love looking at it? People catch me staring at my ring ...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Sunkist, those are amazing pics!!!!! I love this setting, congrats again on your engagement!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2006 2:45:38 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Your beautiful diamond and your amazing photography skills never stop fascinating me. I could stare at this thread for hours. By the way, is it just me or do you think your diamond looks whiter set compared to loose?? It definitely looks whiter to me, but I'm curious if it's just my imagination.
Koursie this is often the case that a diamond will look whiter once set. SK - the ring looks incredible and you too have brilliant photography skills! We will be needing the Pricescope Member's Diamonds' coffee table photography book next...
30.gif

Quick threadjack - Ebree does Sally have a new little pink woolly sweater she is modelling there? She looks so cute in it!
12.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD. SUNKIST!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That 4th photo down is absolutely STUNNING! Gorgeous, gorgeous diamond, and of course the setting is exquisite.

And OH! I, too, would love to know your thoughts on the questions asked by Autumn Dreams.

KEEP THOSE PHOTOS COMING, GIRL! You and Mara are the Pricescope Photography Queens!
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 2:32:04 AM
Author: whatmeworry
Congratulations Sunkist! Was it a surprise? Love the leaf shots. There''s something about the green and diamonds...

Flower12, BlingDiva, SDL, quitieki, and Whatmeworry Thank you!!

I do think it looks white for a K as well, especially considering what most people think of when they think of a K. I love the crown too. It is so different from other solitaires I tried on and I really love the uniqueness.

The ring of course was not a surprise, but the timing of the proposal was! Well I knew he just HAD to do it by the last day of the weekend (Monday) but he put on off the beginning part of the weekend so I didn''t know if he''d do it for sure. But he did! Actually he secretly had me carry it to him from the car. We were sitting about to eat lunch and he asked me to go grab something for him from the car. Little did I know, but my ring was hidden inside!! Then he pulled it out when I wasn''t looking and held it in front of my face. I just stared and smiled
1.gif
then the rest was a wonderful proposal!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 2:45:38 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Your beautiful diamond and your amazing photography skills never stop fascinating me. I could stare at this thread for hours. By the way, is it just me or do you think your diamond looks whiter set compared to loose?? It definitely looks whiter to me, but I''m curious if it''s just my imagination.

Hmm, I''m not positive if it looks whiter in the setting, Kcoursolle. I think it does because I think it looks amazing
3.gif
Now that I have it set I can take it into more lighting environments and it''s blowing me away.

Hands down the BEST place I''ve been to with the BEST lighting is Henry''s Market. It''s a health food type grocery store. My diamond was a ball of fire!!!!!
30.gif
I was soooo in awe. If you have a Henry''s near you, GO INSIDE TODAY!!!!
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tanuki, EBree, and JFO! I am very happy with my solitaire
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 8:32:32 AM
Author: Autumn Dreams
Sunkist-

I think my heart stopped when I saw these pictures!!!

Now that you have the Lockes ring, how does it compare to the pictures you''d seen of it on PS before you ordered it? Was it what you expected it to be when you first saw it? Is the shank as weighty looking in real life as it appears in the pictures? Are the prongs delicate looking in real life or do they look substantial? Is it comfortable? Have you thought about what kind of wedding band you will be getting? Do the surpise diamonds add extra sparkle to the ring or do you even notice they are there?

Sorry so many questions but inquiring minds want to know (well, maybe just me LOL) !

Thank you! I''m so glad you like the pictures
1.gif
My Lockes setting is different from Matatora''s and DiamondLove''s. My prongs cup in more as they extend, where it looks like their prongs extend straight out. I think this is because I have a smaller diamond than they have. I don''t notice the surprise diamonds as much as I thought I would. While I''m sitting here typing I can''t really tell that they are diamonds. But maybe that''s cause my eyesight isn''t perfect.
3.gif
However, when I take it up to view it I can tell they are there, but their too small to really sparkle. I''ll try and remember to look at them in the sun and see if I can get some sparleage there! Overall it''s definitely what I expected to receive when I first saw the ring. I think my pictures make the shank look more weightier than it really is. It''s 2mm wide which is a perfect size for a solitaire band, I think! It''s so comfortable to wear, it''s rounded going to the inside of the ring and I think that''s what makes it look weightier in the photos. I dunno. But it''s definitely a more delicate shank in real life. I will be getting a matching 2mm platinum band as my wedding band. I love the look, I experimented with a silver band I''ve worn for years and it looks wonderful! But I will not be buying the band from Lockes, as they charge $900 for a plain band!!!!
38.gif
I think we''ll get our bands from e-weddingbands.com . They have a great price!

Oh! and about the prongs. They are delicate but substantial enough to make me not worry. I kind of wish that they were smaller around my diamond. But most of the time my stone is sparkling so much that it hides the prongs all together! I hope I answered all the questions. Feel free to ask more!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Great pics! It is a beautiful ring! Congrats again! Love the K too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results