shape
carat
color
clarity

SSSHHH! Don't Tell the Ring Police!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring truly is lovely.

I''m assuming no conscious disrespect was intended with the title on this one, but the combination of phrasing and timing is ... unfortunate, at least for me.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 3:28:51 AM
Author: Circe

I''m assuming no conscious disrespect was intended with the title on this one, but the combination of phrasing and timing is ... unfortunate, at least for me.
O/T- Why Circe? Do you have haulocaust survivor relatives? My family are haulocaust survivors so nazi jokes can sometimes hit a raw nerve for me. Although I do use the nazi word myself in jokes sometimes just because.....

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and a very nice price
2.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 3:28:51 AM
Author: Circe

I'm assuming no conscious disrespect was intended with the title on this one, but the combination of phrasing and timing is ... unfortunate, at least for me.

I'm sorry. No disrespect was intended. It was in reference to a comment another member made towards me acquiring new bands in another thread. I simply repeated and used it here. I apologize for any hurt, harm or distress I may have inadvertently caused anyone.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ah, thanks for explaining, MaryAlaina - I was pretty sure there was some kind of a referent there outside of the obvious. It makes a lot more sense now. Sharon, yeah, more or less - it does hit a nerve for me, generally, and add to that the English background (discipline, not nationality - another one that really gets me is the increasingly casual use of "rape" in conversation in really diminishing ways), and, well, the parsing just never stops. Aaaaaaand, with that, I''ll try not to take it any further OT than I already have.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 12:34:52 AM
Author: MaryAlaina
The original is almost $4,000, so I thought this was a great deal. It has .45 ct. G/VS2 stones and came in my size!

I usually wear a different band every day, and sometimes I''ll wear a different one on my right hand and even swap them around during the day. I''m sure I drive anyone who pays attention to my jewelry crazy!
What a great ebay find!

Do you any pics of your collection or is there a thread? I''d love to see all your pretties!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 4:59:49 PM
Author: metro
Date: 12/4/2007 12:34:52 AM

Author: MaryAlaina

The original is almost $4,000, so I thought this was a great deal. It has .45 ct. G/VS2 stones and came in my size!

I usually wear a different band every day, and sometimes I''ll wear a different one on my right hand and even swap them around during the day. I''m sure I drive anyone who pays attention to my jewelry crazy!

What a great ebay find!

Do you any pics of your collection or is there a thread? I''d love to see all your pretties!

Here''s one! I really need to do some more updated photos to show the rest of my rings.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a fab band. It must be nice to have all those yummy rings. I''m up for adoption....lol

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Mary Alania...I wanted to Thank You and apologize for your having to take the responsibility of the phrase I chose to use on the other thread. I know you were trying to include a shout out to me...to include my attempt at humor in your latest endeavor.

My insensitivity and choice of words lead to a misunderstanding, and I feel bad that it appeared as though you authored it. It should not have any bearing on you personally, as again it was I who wrote it.

I hope to reach out to readers here...and make sure that anyone reading this forum should be well aware of the good intentions and lack of malice or intent to injure or offend any in a malicious way. That includes writings from my hand or any other member. The sensitive caring persons here...have no agenda to purposely offend anyone. With all of us reading this forum...collectively we will promptly bring to the attention of the moderator and ask for intervention.

My sincerest apologies for anyone offended.

§

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
DKS (and again, MaryAlaina), thanks to you both for being so understanding about the sensitivity (potential oversensitivity) on my part. I know it''s a part of common usage these days which shouldn''t irk me, but does regardless ... this forum is one of the nicest places I''ve found on the net, which is, I suppose, both why I mentioned it, and why I now simultaneously feel a bit silly about it, and heartened by the reaction.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
MaryAlaina,

I
30.gif
LOVE
30.gif
this latest acquisition. It is a beauty and a bargain to boot.

Well done
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results