shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessartite Garnet, Fanta Color, 7.49 ct

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everybody: I wasn't sure I was going to post this recently completed ring project. It didn't turn out as hoped.

The stone is gorgeous, its huge and the true Fanta color; 7.49 ct, concave cushion cut by Andrew Gulij/Gemfix. I bought it in 2010 at Tucson. The economy was in the dumper, no one was buying anything that year so great deals were to be had by those who would pony up $. Andrew made me an unbelievable price on the stone and I didn't buy it. Left the show. Tossed/turned all night, bought it the next day.

5 years go by, trying to figure out how to set it and who to set it.

This project was unpleasant enough that I'm not going to say much about it other than Andrew, 5 years after selling me this stone, took hold of the situation and once I got my stone back from the first jeweler, Andrew hand carried it to a jeweler (Ashod) in his building (A-Z Jewelry in San Diego). Ashod did an excellent and quick job with what was given to him to work with (the unmounted stone and the setting itself, unpolished/unplated, wrong sized head so the prongs came out poorly). I can wear it and admire the stone now, so that is a plus. I'd like to re-set this wonderful stone in the near future, though.

I'm going to post quite a few pics just because I love this stone so much, so thank you for viewing. I can't figure out how to post more than one in a reply so I apologize for the multiple postings.

So if you love colored stones and would like to see an enormous Fanta spess, here we go!

img_20150320_142839_0.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one! Edited: I see its a duplicate, sorry about that! Added a new pic.

This is helping me put a cherry on the sundae of this project---I love looking at everyone's bling and even though I don't care for the prongs here I eventually wanted to share it with my bling buddies on PS. Thank you for viewing! :wavey:

img_20150423_134226_0.jpg

img_20150423_140800_hdr_0.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, this ring has it all. Fantastic fiery color, terrific cut and gorgeous ring. You are going to enjoy wearing this beauty often!

Marcy

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
OH.MY.GAWD! Fantastic stone :love: :love: :love: I'm obsessed with spess & that is spectacular! :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woofmama, thank you for your kind comments!!! :wavey:

This stone is from Nigeria and has sugar and wisps---so I call this stone "Bubbles."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie I am so glad you started a thread here on Bubbles.

Her big bright orange presence makes all that gaze upon her beauty happy.
She is GORGEOUS and her color and cut are TDF. :love: :love: :love:

Bubbles is a most beautiful orange ball of fire. :love:

makeable

Shiny_Rock
That is the prettiest spessartite I've seen. It looks fantastic on you. Stunning!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! Thank you for viewing and posting on Ms Bubbles :wavey: If Bubbles had a soundtrack, it'd be Pharrell's "Happy!"

Makeable, thank you and I appreciate your comments, YOUR avatar ring, its splendid :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THERE it is! My Holy Grail does exist! Exquisite color and the drop dead color to beat all colors. Who cares what setting you put that baby in?! Will anyone even notice the setting? Stunning.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minousbijoux your words just bowled me over, I should have gone straight to you when the ring came back and I was disappointed 8-)

Bubbles thanks you!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, thank you, LoversKites!!!

Callie, Bubbles loves ya, you know she does!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent stone, amazing colour - it deserves to be worn. I am guilty of having a unset spess as well..... it's still waiting to be set "one day" :lol:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart just stopped over this. It is absolutely the most amazing spess! :love: :love: :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey arkie---better watch out and seize the spess, "one day" can turn out to be 5 years!

Good to hear from you, whenever I post a Westie pic I wonder when you might post a Scottie pic!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing colour and size!!! And I love the setting.
Bubbles deserves it to be worn and loved. Please post a lot more pics of your ring. What an amazing orange :love: :love: :love: :love:

Arkieb: I iimediately thought about you when I saw this. Hopefully it will be your next project on the list to set your fanta stone :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom! Hi :wavey: Thank you for viewing and posting. You know I'm an admirer of your bling :D

Question for you, arkie, and ANYONE ELSE viewing/posting who'd care to help me:

When I reset, should I go with yellow gold, high karat yellow gold, or stick with white gold?

I was trying to showcase the color of the stone; I normally prefer colored gold (yellow, peach, green, red) but I was worried about yellow gold 'fighting' with the spess color.

So I went with white gold.

Now I think I made the wrong choice, that yellow gold would have blended in and maybe even have disappeared a little onto the stone?

Please let me know your thoughts. All of you who would care to help with this.

I actually like the rope, or twisted, shank. Its oddly comfortable and the ring fits the ring finger on both my R and L hands. BONUS! I picked the open head because I wanted all that concave work to get light.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect we could be Spess sisters but mine is slightly paler and has more yellow in it than yours.... I wonder if YG prongs would work better the white metal seems to contrast too much?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not usually a fan of orange coloured stones as they do not suit me, however I love how this one glows, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1431044787|3873700 said:
I suspect we could be Spess sisters but mine is slightly paler and has more yellow in it than yours.... I wonder if YG prongs would work better the white metal seems to contrast too much?

Nail on the head, arkie. At first, I thought my biggest heartburn with the prongs was that they are a bit short--they WOULD look needled if they weren't so dang short (first jeweler did not measure the stone and ordered a too-small head) BUT now I realize its the high level of contrast btw the white gold and the orange stone.

img_20150423_140819_hdr_kindlephoto-11322407.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results