carat
color
clarity

Spessartite Garnet, Fanta Color, 7.49 ct

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1431187690|3874509 said:
Oh my goodness that's spectacular! And I have to say that there's also something I like about the heft of the setting - it seems like the stone deserves all that gold!

Hi VR, and thanks for viewing and posting your comments! :wavey: Bubbles is large and in charge and the rope shank originally was set to be 2 mm but I bumped it up to 3 mm. I still like the openess of the head, its just too small to have given me the prongs I asked for (needled). I do believe in double prongs for cushion cut stones. If Bubbles ever fell out of the setting I'm not sure what I'd do :wall: Be pretty darned peeved I'm sure. She is secure in this setting.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sarahb!

Great to see you and my fave dog avatar! :wavey: Appreciate your kind comments!

Re mineral specimens, my DH is a geologist so when we look at bling we also look at minerals, LOL. This one, my DH was not with me but I knew it when I saw it, the hair actually stood up on the back of my neck and I was mentally counting how much money I had on me (I was there buying 4 Peaks amethyst and asked the geologist who cut the stones "What else ya got? Anything interesting?").

Cash. It speaks VOLUMES :lol:

Lots of hugs to your adorable dogs.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :-o :-o :-o

Thats some gem **** right there! :love: :love: :lickout: My spess looks nothing like yours either. Its gorgeous! honestly I would opt for high karat yellow gold but i honestly didn't notice the setting much :o

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Arcadian----thanks for the views/comments. Much appreciated :bigsmile: Your avatar is drool worthy, always love seeing it.

I've worn Bubbles the last 2 days and with all of you who commented along the lines of: Setting? What setting? I decided I'm good with her as she is and any proceeds I would've plowed into reset can go into my next project (golden beryl scissor cut, by Barry). That project is going to require diamonds=$ :lol:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
azstonie said:
GarnetGirl, great PS name :bigsmile:

Thank you!!! I was trying to feature the stone, glad it worked.

Garnets are fantastic stones, my goal has been 1 of each :naughty:

You???

Yes, it's amazing that there are so many different varieties of garnets. I love them all. The disease has hit me and I'd like to have a few more some day. So far only two rings, a pyrope? almandine? birthstone ring my parents gave me when I was quite young, and an African demantoid. But now I'm thinking I NEED a spessartite. Your fault! :devil:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, you have a demantoid, don't see THOSE every day :appl: Is it posted over on Colored Stones?

Have fun increasing your garnet-itude! I'll be looking for posts from you :D

(I like your avatar, that material or fabric really matches your cat!)

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
No, I haven't posted a photo of my ring yet.... It's a fairly light yellowish green, not nearly as saturated as your Spessartite (course, not many stones are!), but well cut and super sparkly. Very hard to get a good looking shot of it, though.

The cat photo was taken with 'light tunnel' in Photo Booth on my ipad. So it's not fabric, but rather the cat's fur that is stretched out all around him. Photo booth lets you get some really weird effects.

Garnet-itude, I like that! =)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kristie, you know what I think and I am not even a big CS fan but Bubbles is TDF. Honestly, wow and double wow, this stone is really edibly superb. Everything about is above the rest. :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The color of your spess is amazing! But I love your rock specimen even more!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, the cat! Thank you for viewing and commenting :wavey:

I love that specimen, too bad I can't WEAR it like a jewel!!! :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm new here so just browsing - and look at this! So amazing! Stunning!!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow thats a beautiful colored stone.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie, so sorry I missed your request to see pics of my ring. It doesn't have its own thread, but here a few shots for you. Mark Patterson setting. Stone is from Pala gems. Size 7.

oval_spess1.jpg

oval_spess_hand_shot.jpg

oval_spess_profile.jpg

oval_spess_side_shot.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Derby, thank you, that setting is fantastic, I love semi bezels, my fave. And I love your spess, beautiful!! I like Pala's inventory but not many people here know of it. I found Pala at Tucson and when I visited the Himalaya Queen Mine followed by The Collector. May I ask how you found Pala?

Hi Craving Diamonds :wavey: Thank you so much!!

Hi Scandinavian :wavey: and thank you for your kind comments. There are amazing jewels all over Pricescope, that's for sure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to see this thread bumped up so I can gaze at your beautiful Bubbles again. :love: :love: :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! Bubbles is just a STUNNING stone. I hope you are wearing it often.

:appl::appl::appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@azstonie - Your spessie ring has always been my favorite since the day I laid eyes on your pics. Everything about that stone is perfection. :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your spessartite. :love::love::love: Such a fabulous color.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a stunning stone! I do think brushed/matte 18k or even 22k yellow gold would accentuate it better. :think:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry my reply is 4 years late. :sleep: I have a bad habit of missing comments. Was back on here to admire your ring @azstonie. I heard of PALA on here and my local jeweler got hubby some stones. I am wanting a more fanta colored stone that is larger but boy are they pricey now. Hope you are well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results