shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessartite Garnet, Fanta Color, 7.49 ct

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics requested (thank you for that!), I found a few. I would like to get a bottle of Fanta tomorrow for a true spess glamour shot, haha! We will see if I can locate one to buy.

Its heating up here in AZ, pool's starting to look tempting! (81 degrees in the water.)

img_20150423_134103_hdr_kindlephoto-11534354.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally love the contrast between the white metal and the orange. It makes your stone pop. And it combines very well with your band.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Acinom, I need feedback from someone with no dogs in the fight (jewelers who only seem to know platinum).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you with a mineral bent (and if you love garnets/spessies, you have the mineral bent), here is a very rare specimen I bought from a very unexpected source---this is why it is advisable to carry some extra cash with you when you go to see a dealer. It is from the Wu Shan Mine in China and is perfect in every way: All termination points are perfect and undamaged, there is a luxurious sprinkling of spessartite all over the specimen, and the mica books with the smoky quartz and spess are extremely rare. Mica books are very very delicate and these are undamaged. In the words of the trade, it is a very aesthetic specimen.

cam00331.jpg

cam00332.jpg

cam00330.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! How cool is that!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1431048276|3873750 said:
Wow!!!! How cool is that!!!!

I thought you might like this.

The mica books, they are iridescent, very pretty. I'm sorry there is nothing for scale included in these 3 pics, I put this on top of my grill after I literally ran out of the place I bought the specimen. The man who sold it to me had SERIOUS seller's remorse and I'm telling you I couldn't get to my car fast enough, haha.

he still grumbles about selling me this specimen.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ - your spess IS the cherry on top!

[and that spess specimen is truly fabulous].

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thank you, Jimmianne :wavey: and thank you for the lovely MrsBox prize too! I also posted the shots over in the MrsBox thread!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Love your colorful lively Spessartite!!!!! Enjoy wearing it even if the setting isn't what you love.It still looks gorgeous. :appl: :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hi bbziggy! I love *your* jewels, you have amazing pieces!

Discussing the setting has made me feel better about it, thanks to you all.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is one beautiful spess.

I can see what you mean about the prongs. But they do provide a contrast. I wonder how 18k gold prongs would look. Unpolished prongs. Nothing too shiny. So instead of a contrast, it is more of a blendy, only slight contrast thing. Hope this helps. But the ring is gorgeous cause the spess is. And it looks lovely on your finger.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and such an interesting piece of gem artwork!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
caf|1431052736|3873785 said:
That is one beautiful spess.

I can see what you mean about the prongs. But they do provide a contrast. I wonder how 18k gold prongs would look. Unpolished prongs. Nothing too shiny. So instead of a contrast, it is more of a blendy, only slight contrast thing. Hope this helps. But the ring is gorgeous cause the spess is. And it looks lovely on your finger.

Oh, interesting, I never thought unpolished prongs in 18 kt. A blended look, right. Thank you for sharing that and your kind comments :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi luv2! Thank you for viewing and posting! :bigsmile:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing Bubbles! She is definitely a beauty! That orange is something else. (Can't seem to find the droolly face right now.) Enjoy wearing her! I agree with you about setting colored stones to let in as much light as possible and also to be able to enjoy the color from the profile too. :)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovesvintage, and thank you for your kind comments and for viewing! I seem to remember seeing drool worthy pieces YOU own!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I spent a few years looking for my holy grail spess, which is that colour. I finally found one I'm super happy with, and let me tell you...it was NOT cheap, nor precision cut...So you scored, big time! :D I honestly think that colour could stand up to any colour metal, so it's all about what you like, and is within budget. I think it looks fine where it is, but if it bugs you, keep going until you find the perfect fit. And enjoy! Both in the meantime, and when you find its forever home. Congrats!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1431059425|3873825 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I spent a few years looking for my holy grail spess, which is that colour. I finally found one I'm super happy with, and let me tell you...it was NOT cheap, nor precision cut...So you scored, big time! :D I honestly think that colour could stand up to any colour metal, so it's all about what you like, and is within budget. I think it looks fine where it is, but if it bugs you, keep going until you find the perfect fit. And enjoy! Both in the meantime, and when you find its forever home. Congrats!

Thank you, NKOTB! I'm glad you found your grail spess :appl: and its good you pulled the trigger. Andrew saw the finished ring and kind of sadly remarked that this true color is unobtainable in rough now. How will you set uours?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1431059701|3873827 said:
What a beautiful stone! Since you like the rope shank, have you seen Acinom's? I think it would be so pretty with your stone done in yellow gold!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/6-06-ct-spess-lipstick-ring-by-david-klass.211491/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/6-06-ct-spess-lipstick-ring-by-david-klass.211491/[/URL]

Well first off, who does their stones more beautifully than Acinom (rhetorical question)!!!! I love this setting, particularly the double roped shank, tres chic! Beautiful stone and the shape is wonderful. It's freaky in a good way we both liked the rope shank with our spessies!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully this isn't too much of a threadjack!!! The two boys in the middle look agro because they dislike each other....

doglets_xmas_pic_1.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1431034703|3873626 said:
Now THERE it is! My Holy Grail does exist! Exquisite color and the drop dead color to beat all colors. Who cares what setting you put that baby in?! Will anyone even notice the setting? Stunning.

I second this! This too is my Holy Grail. I agree with minousbijoux, no will notice the setting or really care.

Orange is my absolute favourite colour. The irony is that I'm expecting my spessartite ring to be finished any day now and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed after seeing your glorious gem. Mine has more yellow and it's being set in 18K yellow gold.

Bubbles is the most spectacular gem I've ever seen. Please promise you'll wear it - lots. I'm going to bed a happy girl now that I've seen your ring. Instead of sugar plums I'll be dreaming of Fanta spessartites.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Perfect colour! :love: :o :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1431065188|3873848 said:
Hopefully this isn't too much of a threadjack!!! The two boys in the middle look agro because they dislike each other....

Arkie you just made my Friday!!!! I've been hoping for just such a pic from you for many months!

Heehee, they have that terrier attitude all over the place!!!! And the agro ones, ha, terriers can be like that although i have been told by Scottie people and vets that Scotties are very persnickety about the people AND other dogs they 'like.' I;ve also heard they are one-person dogs.

Amazing line up of rockin' Scotties! Thank you so much!!!!

Ages/Names?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1431065829|3873851 said:
Now THERE it is! My Holy Grail does exist! Exquisite color and the drop dead color to beat all colors. Who cares what setting you put that baby in?! Will anyone even notice the setting? Stunning.

I second this! This too is my Holy Grail. I agree with minousbijoux, no will notice the setting or really care.

Orange is my absolute favourite colour. The irony is that I'm expecting my spessartite ring to be finished any day now and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed after seeing your glorious gem. Mine has more yellow and it's being set in 18K yellow gold.

Bubbles is the most spectacular gem I've ever seen. Please promise you'll wear it - lots. I'm going to bed a happy girl now that I've seen your ring. Instead of sugar plums I'll be dreaming of Fanta spessartites.

Poodles, no, I'm sure your spessie is gorgeous! Please post it here when you get the project back from the jeweler! Wouldn't it be fun if at a PS GTG all us spessie fans made sure to wear theirs? That would be one amazing pic!!!!! i can't go to Las Vegas this year but I can next year.

I can't wait to see yours! I'll be watching SMTB even more than usual to see it! Cheers!!! :appl:

I promise to start wearing it more :sun:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems, nice to see you and thank you for the color compliment :wavey: Much appreciated!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Worth repeating--it's fabu!!

cheers--Sharon

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1431100831|3874021 said:
Poodles4me|1431065829|3873851 said:

Poodles, no, I'm sure your spessie is gorgeous! Please post it here when you get the project back from the jeweler! Wouldn't it be fun if at a PS GTG all us spessie fans made sure to wear theirs? That would be one amazing pic!!!!! i can't go to Las Vegas this year but I can next year.

I can't wait to see yours! I'll be watching SMTB even more than usual to see it! Cheers!!! :appl:

I promise to start wearing it more :sun:

I will be sure to post pictures. It's just over 4 cts and is pear shaped. I am actually waiting for a ring, earrings and pendant spessartite set. I would love to attend the PS GTG in Las Vegas next year. It would be so much fun to be with others who enjoy and appreciate jewellery and gemstones. Your spessartite would be the star attraction!

Just got an email - they're here. I'll be picking them up this afternoon.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, a suite of spessies! *That* would be the star of any PS GTG, truly. I love pear shapes, that is the shape of my diamond. Well I am going to keep a close watch here for your suite! I'm sure it'll be sweet, hardy-har-har!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results