shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire Diamond on 5.5 ring size

dicey

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Ive been shamelessly lurking here at pricescope in the last few weeks. in fact, my daily routine every night before i go to sleep is to go through the "Show me the bling" forum and look at all the diamonds.. there's something about it that puts me too sleep.. Perhaps it puts me on a dreamy state ? :twirl:

Anyway, im aiming on getting a solitaire diamond ring next year (with partner footing the bill, of course) :devil:
Im happy enough with a 1.5 carat RB, Oval or Radiant.. Unfortunately partner thinks it might be too small for my 5.5 fingers.. He thinks i deserve a bigger one, something that shouts --"HEY, LOOK AT ME SPARKLE!" Of course I also have to be wary of budget and all, although who doesn't want a bigger stone?!!

Ive been going through all the jewelry stores in the area (as well as entertaining the possibility of purchasing online), tried out 1.0 carats (which i found toooooo small), 1.5 carats (that looks ok) and 2 carat rings (wow, i didnt realize RBs this size can look big)..

Can anyone with a 5.5 ring size help me with some perspective, POST pictures of your rings (of whatever carat, shape, and setting) so I can also imagine how it would look on my fingers?

Thanks so much in advance!

Love the blings :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 1.57 cushion on a 5.5 finger. Keep in mind my cushions spread is bigger than a normal one for that size. I would totally go bigger than a 1.5 if I was getting a RB. Try printing out one of those diamond size comparison charts and cutting out the little circles in mm and put on your finger for comparison.

2013-09-24_1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting for you!!

My ring finger is 5.5, but due to my large knuckles I had this ring made in 5 3/4. I have a 5.3 ct OEC in U-V colour set in the 'Sophia' setting by Victor Canera. Before this I had a 1 ct colourless princess solitaire and it's a great size for a 5.5 finger, as will be a 1.5 ct solitaire. Good luck in making fun decisions.

Here is my thread for other photo's: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-liquid-diamond-reset-by-victor-canera-for-5-3-oec.193349/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-liquid-diamond-reset-by-victor-canera-for-5-3-oec.193349/page-4[/URL]

_11316.jpg

_11317.jpg

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck on your decision. Here is my 3.33 carat (9.4mm spread) on 5.25 finger.
smtb14.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
My ring size is a 5 3/4. Here are pictures that might help. You are lucky to have a partner that wants you to go bigger!!! Good luck with your search!

This is my 2.3ct.
img_1359.jpg

This is my 3.25 ct.
img_1726.jpg

This shows my rings together. The top one is a 1.3ct (has a CZ in it), then the 2.3, then the 3.25 on the bottom.
photo__5__3.jpg

dicey

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the pictures... I love your diamonds! :love:

Well, partner thinks he doesnt want to spend that much and not have anyone notice the diamond! Well i told him, i can put christmas lights around it just to point out..

I guess he doesnt know us females to realize thats what we immediately notice.. :saint:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Here's my 3.11 OEC on my size 5.5 finger :))

belle_13.jpg

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dicey! What an exciting step in your life! I hope you've been enjoying all the shopping and looking at fantastic bling :) Once you have your budget figured out, posting in RT will help you find the best bang for your buck.

My ring is a 5.75 but it's very loose, so probably a 5.5 now. Diamond is a 2.49ct OEC, measures approx 8.6x8.4mm

img_2481.jpg

img_2488.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can tolerate my old hands, I have a few sizes I can show you on a 5.5 size finger! My advice if 2 cts is above the budget is to go for the 1.7-1.9 range as it will be close to the appearance of a 2 ct.

(1) 1 ct, 1.5 cts., 2.1 cts

(2) 1.58 cts (7.5mm)

(3) 2.3 cts (8.4mm)

_11348.jpg

img_2497.jpg

r_2013-06-22_2.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 1.35 on a size 5.25. I'm thinking it's smaller than what you are looking for but thought I'd add it anyway for perspective. Most people IRL tell me it's HUGE, but I live in a small town where people don't wear much bigger. By PS standards, it most certainly is not huge. Good luck and enjoy your search!

whiteascanbe1.jpg

258psabcd.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Hi dicey. Your SO sounds like such a caring, unselfish and giving person. There's absolutely nothing wrong with "more bling"! :)

Here are a few "real-life perspective" (so-to-speak) shots of my 3 carat XXX RB on my hang. I also wear a size size 5.5.

_11390.jpg

_11391.jpg

_11392.jpg

_11393.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wowza ScorpioLove! Next time I'm told my diamond is large I'm showing a picture of yours! It's amazing! :love:

dicey

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for contributing...

Au contraire Kelli, I was content with a 1.1 carat that i once saw in a jewelry store. Then i got into Pricescope then I realized I can make do with a 1.5. But dear partner thinks I should get something bigger - no point in getting a diamond ring when nobody can immediately see it. Of course im attributing it to his cataract. :lol:

I was telling him stories of some PS members who, caught in the sparkle of the diamonds, grab their phones and snap pictures.. I showed him a pic of a handshot of a 2carat ring here in PS.. He saw the picture, and quite simply said the woman is quite justified in getting distracted, given the carat size of her diamond :naughty: And that's something he said i should aim for... (its actually a trade-off. he wants a baby grand piano too! which is about the same price as a diamond ring, :rolleyes:

We live in the Philippines where engagement rings are not a requirement and the standard rings sold in jewelry shops are less than .5carats. Good thing, we've progressed in the past few years. We now have a Harry Winston store here but I dare not enter.. It would be too embarassing if I have to wipe my drool on their expensive shelves.. :lickout:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Lucky you to have a fiancé who wants to adorn you with bling! When I tried on the one carat I almost bought before finding online jewelers, my husband thought it was enormous and couldn't understand why I wanted bigger. But then he calls all rings with large stones "grandma rings." :lol: But whatever. I'd love to play in a fancy old lady's jewelry box! :love:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of pictures of my 1.81 GIA XXX solitaire. Please excuse the redness, I had to remove a couple of other rings to show you how the solitaire looks on it's own. My ring is a 5.5, I need it because I have big knuckles, but my actual ring size is 5-5.25.

I think this would be a great size, looks like a 2 carater, without the pricetag of hitting the 2 carat mark.

skim1.jpg

skim2.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy I wish I had a smaller finger to make my ring look larger!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread! I'm starting to think, with the hand model appearance of all these size 5.5 fingers, that a piece of popcorn/a grape/almost anything in a ring holder would look AMAZING on you ladies!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow sira! What is the carat size on that beauty if you don't mind me asking?

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
My 2.6 CT on size 5.5
img_1155.jpg
img_1215.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
dicey|1382781648|3544939 said:
Hi everyone,

Ive been shamelessly lurking here at pricescope in the last few weeks. in fact, my daily routine every night before i go to sleep is to go through the "Show me the bling" forum and look at all the diamonds.. there's something about it that puts me too sleep.. Perhaps it puts me on a dreamy state ? :twirl:

Anyway, im aiming on getting a solitaire diamond ring next year (with partner footing the bill, of course) :devil:
Im happy enough with a 1.5 carat RB, Oval or Radiant.. Unfortunately partner thinks it might be too small for my 5.5 fingers.. He thinks i deserve a bigger one, something that shouts --"HEY, LOOK AT ME SPARKLE!" Of course I also have to be wary of budget and all, although who doesn't want a bigger stone?!!

Ive been going through all the jewelry stores in the area (as well as entertaining the possibility of purchasing online), tried out 1.0 carats (which i found toooooo small), 1.5 carats (that looks ok) and 2 carat rings (wow, i didnt realize RBs this size can look big)..

Can anyone with a 5.5 ring size help me with some perspective, POST pictures of your rings (of whatever carat, shape, and setting) so I can also imagine how it would look on my fingers?

Thanks so much in advance!

Love the blings :appl:

I'm really enjoying this thread!! Everyone's got such sparkly goodies :love: :love: . This is so much fun and the "real-life perspective" pics are great, how helpful!

OP: My fingers are smaller than 5.5 so unfortunately I don't think I can help you there, but what I found extremely helpful when I was designing my new set was to buy a few CZ rings in a variety of styles and sizes that I thought I'd like so that I could wear them around for a while. I was so surprised when the first setting style that I originally thought I loved didn't have the "look" I was hoping for when it was on my finger a while. I'm really excited for you!!

dicey

Rough_Rock
Enjoyed looking at your diamonds! Thanks for posting!

i was thinking of getting a radiant, then i saw the hearts & arrows and so i dreamt that too.. then i saw the pears, and i thought the cut is quite unique and would look good on the finger.... :loopy:

and thats a good idea Roxy, looking out for CZs in various ring styles.. i might even try that to, with various CZ shapes. just to see which shape looks best on me :lol:

caprica

Rough_Rock
Hey Alistra,

I think your ring 3.11 carat OEC diamond ring looks really nice. I am considering engagement ring possibilities, and I wanted to know if you have any pictures of the side and profile of this ring. I hope that I would be able to create a ring as nice as yours! If you have any pictures that you can share it would be appreciated!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
I used to be a size 6, but since I started losing weight, I am now a 5.5! I have been through quite a few settings but the diamond is the same. I thought this would help you in your search. Diamond is a 2.24 carat.
img_20131128_141922.jpgimg_20131201_112105.jpgimg_20131108_071222.jpg

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
Buying cz’s to try out is definitely helpful. I was debating whether the difference between 8.5mm and 9mm would bother me enough to shell out the extra bucks if I upgraded so I more them in a cheap silver setting to get used to them. Of course bigger ended up being better. Now I just have to get un-used to them being near colorless and super high clarity. LOL The setting will also make a big difference. I wore the 8.5mm in a heavy 6 prong setting and the 9mm in a 4 prong setting and at first glance there wasn’t a huge difference but in the same style setting you could definitely tell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results