shape
carat
color
clarity

Six trades, seven stones later. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{I have seen so many of your beautiful rings on this site and everytime one really catches my eye I second guess mine.}}]

I know what you mean and that is me to a T. I am always second guessing mine.

MGR, as so many have said, your E-ring is beautiful, but also your wedding band. Is it newer or your original? It reminds me of mine a bit, although mine also has carving and my diamonds are smaller. I know this is going to seem like "heresy" on a diamond forum, but I don''t like when there are "too many" diamonds in both the wedding and ER together on the same finger. So it''s nice how your diamonds in your WB accent your ER but don''t take away from it at all, and don''t in any way make it too much. That is what I want, but I can never seem to find it. I will attach a pic of my WB, although this may be getting off topic of this thread, but if anyone has any suggestions for an E-ring that would match this WB I would greatly appreciate it. It has been a huge dillemma for me. (If you think my wedding band is ugly and not worth matching that would be helpful feedback too. I just want honest opinions, and I know, everyone has different taste, but even if something is not your taste you can still have an opinion on whether it looks good on someone else.)

WB resized.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome MGR!

I have to join the chorus of amazement... I too was certain that your center diamond was over 3cts! It''s beautiful! The wedding band is a wonderful mate/counterbalance as well!
30.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! All I can say is...my ring wants to grow up to be your ring!!!
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again all -

Odilia, this wedding band is new. My original wedding band was a plain gold 4mm band to match my husband''s. After 27 years, he had never had his off. It was worn thin, bent and too small. It took an act of Congress for me to talk him into taking it off and getting another one. We originally had Keepsake (a brand name) wedding bands and they have been replaced or renamed by ArtCarved. I had always liked the Tiffany etoile band so FINALLY talked him into going to look. We replaced the bands at the same time and put them on each other all over again. He really is sentimental that way and I love him for it.

Your band is very pretty. I like the carving and the scattering of diamonds on it. I have a diamond band that I had with one of my erings but because I''m so anal, the diamonds have to match perfectly or I''m not happy! I also agree with you inasmuch as I have short fingers that too many diamonds just takes away from the main diamond and looks ridiculous on me. Some people can wear that look well - I''m just not one of them! I think a tiffany setting would go well with your band - particularly if you like to keep the look simple. However, since the band is not too ornate, you could probably have just about any kind of e-ring setting and it still would not look overdone. I can guarantee you, however, that no matter what you choose you can always tune into PS and find something else that will make you say, hey, wait a minute, I like that too. . . The only thing I have going for me in that regard is that through the years and through the trades and changes you kind of grow weary of it. I''m not as apt now to jump at a new look as I might have been a few years back. My best advice is to keep trying things on to find the one that says, "This is it!" (At least for today
31.gif
) Good luck and keep us posted!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks, your set is fabulous!!! Your center stone looks more like 3 cts, it''s huge! Now that is some major rockage
11.gif
The sidestones make them "POP" out even more. Congratulations on your new upgrade, take care of your rocks, and wear them well!

And you are right, someone should start a professional diamond photography business. It will help amateurs like me. They should have different sets and lighting. And a big ol'' poster of our rings is a great idea! What a nice way to wake up and end the night with
31.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks, how did I miss this!!!????

WELCOME to PS, and thank you for sharing your great journey and story.....I LOOOOOVE your stone, and it just looks insane!!! Seriously looks huge and sparkly!! More pictures, please!!!
30.gif
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks BlueRoses - isn''t if funny that even though we are in and out of here like a revolving door there are still some posts that we miss?!?!?! I am always amazed when one slips by me!

When I get my hands on a better quality camera I want to take some more pictures. The picture taking can be as addictive as the diamonds themselves!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
MGR, I''ll have my new camera with me on Sunday when I pick you up. I can take a few close-ups for you. Got any flowers?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondLil- The darned ring won''t sit on flowers - already tried that! Maybe they will have some pretty props at the gem show - just bring your camera and we''ll see what we can do
31.gif
! Wish everyone from PS was going to be at the show - guess the next best thing is to take pics of the Washington, DC metro area PS group and post them!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES more pictures please!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I want to see more pictures too! I love looking at your ring, missgotrocks!
30.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks,

Seeing your ring for the first time in person was amazing!
It''s huge and beautiful!
2.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2005 9:38:42 AM
Author: lmurden
MissGotRocks,

Seeing your ring for the first time in person was amazing!
It''s huge and beautiful!
2.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Yes, your rings were spectacular. You wore them well!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
As always, pictures never do justice! So where are those pics you were talking about taking???
12.gif

Your etoile band looks wonderful, but i also think Logans SP eternity band was a GREAT look!
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK girls here''s the story. Diamondlil and I got so busy we didn''t even think about taking more pictures - but I will - I promise.

LMurden thanks so much for the compliment. You''ve got a pretty nice rock there yourself! You could be a model for Ritani and make them tons of money. Then with your commission you could buy tons more diamonds. Think about the possibilities!

As for the eternity band, I really love it but where would I put it? I was thinking about an eternity band to go between the ering and etoile band but don''t know if that would really look good or not. I just can''t bring myself to buy stuff I don''t wear everyday. But I really loved the sparkle. . . LoganSapphire was so kind to let me keep trying it on except that her ring is small enough to fit a Barbie doll! HA!

NJC don''t tempt me anymore. I just hate it when I see something I like
29.gif
! It was so pretty though. . . I''ll have to think some more on that one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results