shape
carat
color
clarity

Singlestone Trunk Show at Croghan's Jewel Box in Charleston

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had so much fun last weekend going to the beach with beautiful weather and making a visit to Croghan's Jewel Box in Charleston to view the Singlestone trunk show!! It was a pleasure to meet Ari and the lovely lady with him, whose name I am sorry I did not get. I love Croghan's in general, as they carry wonderful designers and carry Singlestone and estate jewelry, too. The store is over 100 years old, and the owners and people who work there are so very nice!

I asked if I could take pictures and they gave me permission. So here are some of my favorites from the visit! If anyone is curious about pricing, I only remember the price of two specific items. There were far too many to remember.

I will start with rose cuts because Missy has another thread on rose cuts, and I didn't want to double post. What I will say is that they are beautiful and I would love to have one, but probably not for an engagement ring. You can probably see that they do not have light return anything like a stone with a faceted pavilion. You can sort of see that in the pictures where I am wearing my asscher ring.

2017-02-10_0.jpg

2017-02-10_1.jpg

2017-02-10_16.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Singlestone Trunk Show at Croghan's Jewel Box in Charles

Next is a gorgeous pair of rose cut earrings and some beautiful rose gold rings including an oval rose cut.

2017-02-10_2.jpg

2017-02-10_3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Next is my favorite, a 5+ ct beautifully cut antique cushion diamond, OP color, set in yellow gold. I hate that pink from my phone case reflected in these pics. This is an incredible ring!!! :love:

2017-02-10_4.jpg

2017-02-10_5.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A few different styles...

2017-02-10_6.jpg

2017-02-10_7.jpg

2017-02-10_8.jpg

2017-02-10_9.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last, I had fun trying on bands with my antique asscher ring! My souvenir from the trip was the rose gold engraved band in the first picture!

2017-02-10_10.jpg

2017-02-10_11.jpg

2017-02-10_12.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow - I'm drooling just looking at these pictures. I love the Emerald cut ring but the oval rose cut cluster is gorgeous. DS, question for you. I know very little about the pricing of rose cuts. Are they typically more or less compared to an OEC or other old cuts of the same carat weights?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love that oval rose cut in rose gold! And that cushion with the halo - I love too!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you DS. Love the pictures.

My faves are the rose cut earrings and the rose cut in the yellow gold halo. Those are beautiful and romantic.

So great that you got a little rose gold souvenir. I love their engraved bands.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

How fun!! I love the rose cut earrings too!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lucky you! I love Croghan's! I've only been there twice and each time the gals were so nice and accommodating. I think you made a lovely choice with the rose gold band. Thanks for sharing with us.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poodles4me|1487553892|4130945 said:
Wow - I'm drooling just looking at these pictures. I love the Emerald cut ring but the oval rose cut cluster is gorgeous. DS, question for you. I know very little about the pricing of rose cuts. Are they typically more or less compared to an OEC or other old cuts of the same carat weights?

I honestly didn't look at the prices of the rose cut rings at all. But I will say that rose cuts have more spread than diamonds with pavilions, so you get a bigger look in terms of face up surface area for the weight. The oval cluster ring was gorgeous, as was the oval rose gold halo one. Well, they all were! I am afraid I can't help on pricing because the only ones I have seen sold loose were from Grace or Erica and it's been awhile since I have seen any.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so glad y'all like the pics! It was a real treat for me to see that many SS pieces at one time! They have some good trunk shows there, but this was the first time I was able to make it down there for the SS show.

A PSer needs to buy those earrings. I have had in mind to make a different style of drop earrings with rose cuts prior to this, but these were elegant and really gorgeous!

Bonfire, I either didn't know or had forgotten you had been to Croghan's!

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock

Oh my goodness, that 5ct cushion is amazing! Thank you for the pictures!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for posting photos, DS, especially of the bands with your ring! For perspective, do you know how wide your e-ring shank is, and what the dimensions of your asscher is?

Did you get any details and pricing for the pear rose cut earrings? They look beautiful! Hehe.

Would you mind if I ask how Caysie's craftsmanship (milgraining, durability, etc.) and french cut diamond quality compare to Single Stone's? Do you know if Single Stone's bands are cast like Caysie's? From the limited vendor photos, Single Stone's designs look similar, but seem to be pricier, so I wonder if there are reasons for that. Thank you so much for sharing any observations and opinions!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us! Looks like you had a good time with all the diamonds and came home with something for yourself as well. That's a good trip!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful bling! But I have to say with all sincerity my favorite of all these diamonds is the one you are wearing that is yours DS! :love:

Though I wouldn't kick that 5 ct cushion out of bed if you kwim. :cheeky: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skhii|1487577941|4131041 said:
Thanks for posting photos, DS, especially of the bands with your ring! For perspective, do you know how wide your e-ring shank is, and what the dimensions of your asscher is?

Did you get any details and pricing for the pear rose cut earrings? They look beautiful! Hehe.

Would you mind if I ask how Caysie's craftsmanship (milgraining, durability, etc.) and french cut diamond quality compare to Single Stone's? Do you know if Single Stone's bands are cast like Caysie's? From the limited vendor photos, Single Stone's designs look similar, but seem to be pricier, so I wonder if there are reasons for that. Thank you so much for sharing any observations and opinions!

My e-ring shank is about 2mm, and the asscher dimensions are about 8.4 x 7.75mm.

No, I did not price the pear rose cut earrings, but they definitely were gorgeous!

Let me begin to answer that last question by saying that I have loved Singlestone for years. Their designs are incredible and extensive and workmanship is excellent. I could be wrong, but I think they use both handforged and cast/handmade. I really can't visually see the difference in most pieces, but I could see in a tri-wire shank that the three pieces of metal wire were present, so some must be handforged. This does not matter to me, because I have come to the conclusion that some designs are better done one way and some another. Singlestone prices have gone up a lot over the years. My speculation is that due to the line being unique with antique designs and antique stones, they are just able to charge what they charge and get it being located in LA. They have a lot of overhead with brick and mortar stores and employees. I will say that Caysie van Bebber has benches that are equally outstanding, and I was proud to wear my antique asscher ring to that show. I did get a couple of compliments on my ring by people who worked there, and one asked me who made it. Caysie is a smaller operation with no storefront and usually no inventory, so she can charge less. But she is a very gifted designer, and I have rings made by her two benches, and both are outstanding quality. I am totally pleased with the french cuts on my ring. My feeling is that people for whom money is not a huge object and who prefer trying on finished rings prior to buying, Singlestone is the top option for antique designs! For those who want to find their own diamond and make a high quality original design or a true antique repro and want to go custom at a more moderate price, then I'd recommend CVB. All I can say is that for those who love antique style rings, particularly, we are fortunate to have both of these options!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1487597029|4131062 said:
Beautiful bling! But I have to say with all sincerity my favorite of all these diamonds is the one you are wearing that is yours DS! :love:

Though I wouldn't kick that 5 ct cushion out of bed if you kwim. :cheeky: :love:

What a sweet thing to say, Missy! I have to say, I am so very thankful to have it!

Yes, that cushion ring is incredible! :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for posting all these photos and the review of Singlestone and CVB. Great info. That trunk show looks like sensory overload, in a wonderful way.

LOVE the band you picked to go with your ring. It stands out but doesn't detract from your ring. :bigsmile:

Boom

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for the pics, DS!

I have to agree with missy, your ring just stands out amongst them all.

Congrats on the the rose gold band. It looks lovely on you. :appl: :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks like so much fun...thanks for sharing!! That antique cushion is TDF!! :love: congrats on your engraved band! It looks lovely with your asscher :bigsmile:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much for posting the rose cut pics. They are amazing!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

OMG, that yellow cushion ring!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the sweet comments about my ring and the photos of the SS rings! It could only have been more fun if some of you had been there with me!

My pictures are only a small sample of what was there. They brought a lot of jewelry and it was in a private area with a security guard. There was wine and food which I really didn't have time for as I needed both hands to try on things and take pictures! That tells you how great the jewelry was if I passed up wine and food! :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I love how you explained the difference between SS and CvB...neither is better than the other, it just depends on what you are looking for. Those Rose cut earrings are TDF and I adore the rose gold band with your stunning asscher! A match made in heaven!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire|1487703363|4131766 said:
I love how you explained the difference between SS and CvB...neither is better than the other, it just depends on what you are looking for. Those Rose cut earrings are TDF and I adore the rose gold band with your stunning asscher! A match made in heaven!

Thanks, Yenny! You know, it was your rose gold middle band that made me love that combination in the first place!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for modeling all of the lovely SS bling for us, DS! :appl: The large yellow cushion with halo happens to be my favorite on you, lol! :naughty: It would fit in nicely with your bling collection! :sun:

PierreBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you for taking the time to post photos and share! Yes, your ring is so beautiful and unique and glad you got something for yourself to pair it with! Hope you have a great day!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1487734693|4131997 said:
Thanks for modeling all of the lovely SS bling for us, DS! :appl: The large yellow cushion with halo happens to be my favorite on you, lol! :naughty: It would fit in nicely with your bling collection! :sun:

Haha! I'll aim for a miniature one! It is a beautiful ring!

PierreBear said:
Thank you for taking the time to post photos and share! Yes, your ring is so beautiful and unique and glad you got something for yourself to pair it with! Hope you have a great day!

Thanks! You have a great day, too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

How fun! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results