clarity

Show us your Mrs. Box with your rings!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I'm glad everyone is loving their JuliaB boxes! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night I got the Sundance catalog and they have small leather ring/jewel boxes with a monogram that are beautiful. I think they were about $65.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it took me so long to post a few pictures. My jewelry could use a good cleaning and the light was fair, not great, but.......the Mrs.boxes are in the center (lavender, tan, green) and the JuliaB boxes are left and right. I loved the first 2 JuliaB boxes that a purchased a few weeks ago so much that I bought 2 more. Now I just need a few stacking bands to go in the boxes :angel:

_603.jpeg

_604.jpeg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1445626886|3941411 said:
Sorry it took me so long to post a few pictures. My jewelry could use a good cleaning and the light was fair, not great, but.......the Mrs.boxes are in the center (lavender, tan, green) and the JuliaB boxes are left and right. I loved the first 2 JuliaB boxes that a purchased a few weeks ago so much that I bought 2 more. Now I just need a few stacking bands to go in the boxes :angel:

OMG gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Q

Queenie60

Just received my blue JuliaB ring box - gorgeous! Purchased her last one today in yellow. Her website says that she's going to restock in a few months with some new colors. Can't wait. I found her box to be well made and holds my ring and stud earrings!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I have been afraid that the Mrs Box were going to be too small for my Vivi and based on all your pictures, I am pretty sure Vivi will not fit.
And I have been hugely torn over paying $75 for a tiny teensy box.When I saw the bigger and TWO slots box from Julia, bam I was sold but SHE was out of stock already. ;(
After talking briefly to Julia, she told me that she will have some moreboxes in 2 to 3 months. I told her that I would love to pre order some. She has set up a listing for pre orders! Ladies, ready,set,go!
I pre ordered mine and it will be a first come first serve.

Also, for the Mrs Box difference in velvet plushness,I am wondering if the antique French velvet they use to use was linen or even silk velvet and now they are using synthetics. It would explain the difference in plushness, the pile and orientation of fibers and also the problem with color variation in light.
If the new velvet is synthetic ,usually the fibers are somewhat hollow or won't fix the dye as well as natural fibers would and the sheen comes from the fiber itself being a translucent fiber instead of a full protein based or natural fiber.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phanie you make an excellent point on the new velvet on the Mrs. Box's, I bet your right!

Q

Queenie60

img_1532_0.jpg

Here's my Julia B ring box!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to say that I resisted the Mrs Boxes due to the very high price for a very small box. Since there were quality issues this time, I decided to order a Julia B box to try out. If Julia B reads here, I want to say that your box is extremely well made! I consider $40 including shipping still very expensive, but it is more in the realm of possibility than $75+. I would LOVE it if there was the option of one slot instead of two as my colored stone rings would need to go in a box alone. I think the box is the perfect size...very small but not too small. I was lucky to get the turquoise this weekend. I will order more particularly if a one-ring box is offered.

2015-10-26_11.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1445879742|3942259 said:
I will have to say that I resisted the Mrs Boxes due to the very high price for a very small box. Since there were quality issues this time, I decided to order a Julia B box to try out. If Julia B reads here, I want to say that your box is extremely well made! I consider $40 including shipping still very expensive, but it is more in the realm of possibility than $75+. I would LOVE it if there was the option of one slot instead of two as my colored stone rings would need to go in a box alone. I think the box is the perfect size...very small but not too small. I was lucky to get the turquoise this weekend. I will order more particularly if a one-ring box is offered.

I was thinking the same. I'd love to see a one slot option buy I fear it gets to copywrite issues.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, noooooo...velvet ring boxes have been around for probably 100 years or more. There is not a single thing that a certain brand could claim as original if it is a square box in velvet with one or two ring slots. If there was anything that is in public domain, simple velvet ring boxes would be a great example!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I spoke with Julia a little bit, and she does have some ideas up her sleeve for different boxes. Particularly a single slot box :appl: I believe it's in the early stages and will take a few more months to come to fruition, but you can be sure I'll be following her! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julia is a very lovely person and has beautiful jewelry, too! :appl: I know she can only do so much when her family and the jewelry are her top priorities! I am just going to enjoy using my pretty turquoise box for my wedding set, and we will see what happens in the future!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe we could start a separate thread for the alternatives we've found to Mrs. Boxes? I know there are quality and price issues, but if this topic has their small business' name attached to it, it seems like alternatives should have their own post. Just a thought, I could be totally off base here.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful but for me what makes Mrs Box stand out is their small size. In the UK some independent jewellers have one or two of the small leather ring boxes from Victorian times and sometimes with a note that box is for display only. I remember reading an article in a magazine saying that you would never get jewellers to part with these 3cm by 3 cm boxes, I even see ones displayed in two halves where the hinge has broken with age. The small size makes the ring more pronounced. I had thought this was why they were made so small - The Mrs Box's. Mind you it also said the women were smaller back then and if they could afford Jewellery it was Sunday best with a lot of them not having swollen knuckles as maid's did dishes etc therefore the rings in the boxes are usually size H or 2. I have seen plastic imitations on eBay before which are tiny like them and come in tiny cardboard boxes too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1445885490|3942288 said:
Niel, noooooo...velvet ring boxes have been around for probably 100 years or more. There is not a single thing that a certain brand could claim as original if it is a square box in velvet with one or two ring slots. If there was anything that is in public domain, simple velvet ring boxes would be a great example!

I'm not saying a velvet box is strictly the mra box, but you can't do a flat out copy, like we have been crafting here.

I'd love to see her do one though. Just maybe with her own flair, not an exact Mrs box copy

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The one she told me she's planning on making is definitely not going to have copyright issues. It will have her own unique flair to it :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing her new box!

Still have to say, though, the only thing that was somewhat unique about Mrs Box was that they were once made with antique velvet. Nothing original about the design of the box. I have similar velvet ring boxes which likely pre-date them.

2014-11-09_16.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1446137513|3943454 said:
I look forward to seeing her new box!

Still have to say, though, the only thing that was somewhat unique about Mrs Box was that they were once made with antique velvet. Nothing original about the design of the box. I have similar velvet ring boxes which likely pre-date them.

Oh my, these two boxes are BEAUTIFUL!!!

I 100% agree, I am over the Mrs. Box now that it's no longer the vintage velvet. It's a personal thing, and they sure aren't feeling the sting of my defection as now every bloody wedding blog in the world has Mrs. Boxes featured. But since I have one of the "originals" and one of the new ones, I have no problem looking for more affordable alternatives. There is nothing that can be copyrighted about these boxes, except maybe the logo stamp on the inside.

That said, I found the colors of the JuliaB boxes to be really bright for me and looked more like the velvet ribbon DIY boxes due to that- but the quality looked fantastic and i LOVE the 2 slots! I am hopeful she will have some more muted colors in the next batch, i am dying for a soft pink!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Have had my Julia b mrs. Box for two wks just now posting, wish had more time to play. Wonderful detail to packaging and workmanship!

_35108.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I ordered a Julia B box in coral, and I love it! I will post pictures when a particular band is done. ;-)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this supplier of this type of boxes:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WeftandWhimsy

I got a medium pink one for my daughter, and it is LOVELY!

Q

Queenie60

Tourmaline|1446156928|3943626 said:
I ordered a Julia B box in coral, and I love it! I will post pictures when a particular band is done. ;-)

Thank you for the info regarding weftandwhimsy. Was considering ordering one of her boxes but wasn't sure about the quality. Maybe I'll try one.! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1446156928|3943626 said:

I believe I mentioned that seller earlier, but I had not seen anyone with one. I am happy to hear the quality is good! Can you please post a picture for us? She actually has almost all the colors I need.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
^^^ Ditto what Diamondseeker said, I'd love to see a pic :naughty: I was cautious of other Etsy stores, but if the quality is good, I do love her colors as well :love:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one after I saw DS's post about Weft & Whimsy in gray and I love it! Gray was the color I really wanted so I was excited it was one of their available colors. It does come with a lid I just don't have a pic of it at the moment.

img_9740.jpg

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
I just returned from my Honeymoon and was excited to receive my new turquoise JuliaB ring box. It is really pretty and my rings look beautiful inside. I thought I'd share a pic

_35174.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
773dianeb welcome back from your honeymoon and such a beautiful time of year for it must of been good!! Love the gray and of course the turquoise. I see you don't have profile pic maybe make the turquoise pic one.

wenyizhang

Rough_Rock
K8tlynS|1445373489|3940362 said:
I, too, recently ordered a velvet ring box from JuliaB and it's absolutely lovely! Not owning a Mrs.Box, I was honestly surprised at how tiny it is, but it's awesome that it holds an entire wedding set. I love the pale baby blue color and the construction seems perfect to my eyes. I just hope she does restock in a few months, because the only colors left are yellow and red.
Can you please let me know what is the color of your JuliaB box? Thanks! (:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my new pear in my Mrs box!!

_5305.jpeg

_5311.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1471165752|4065805 said:
Here's my new pear in my Mrs box!!

Your ring turned out so beautifully Lauren, it's perfect! An antique pear in a gorgeous halo, doesn't get any better than that imo! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results