shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Mrs. Box with your rings!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17 - Thanks! It is really nice to be able to fit more than one ring into a box.

daintyG - Cool, can't wait to see yours!

mochiko42 - Sorry you aren't happy with your Nouvelle. Unfortunately I didn't inspect my Scarlett very closely until WAY after the return period and there a lot of things about it that are less than stellar, but I guess that's my own fault at this point for not being proactive and actually taking a close look at it while a return/exchange was still possible. Lesson learned.

SparklySoprano - Yes, the one I posted is the Coral! I really love the color, I hope you love it, too! I really wanted the lavender one (Violet, I think?) as well, but when I went to place my order it was already sold out. Sad! Instead, I got the Purple. I think it looks so regal, hopefully it's a great IRL!

alamana

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to order one of the Mrs. boxes for the diamond ring that Quest is making for me, and I'm also going to order one for my star sapphire. Anyone have any thoughts about the color for a box for the sapphire? The closest to a complementary color that I see there is the Havenhart, well and maybe the Margaery. Then, of course, there are the blues. What do y'all think? Loving the Victoire for my diamond.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
star sparkle thank you for posting the box from JuliaB. I went ahead and ordered mine too.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's here! The first one anyway. I have "Brightstone" and "Scarlet" still coming. I also ordered some of Julia's boxes and ADORE them. They are just as good if not better quality. Half the price, plus being able to put a set in them with two slots is a huge bonus. I took some comparison shots for those interested. I'm tempted to buy more before Julia stops selling them. She said specifically that she won't be offering them for long. Oh also as far as quality goes for the new batch of "Mrs. Boxes" much, much better. But still some issues. Not a huge deal, just an OCD thing for me. The OUTSIDE box that it came in, was all bubbly. A couple frayed spots but not too bad. No glue showing, all corners line up, etc.

wp_20151010_13_49_17_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_13_47_28_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_13_54_47_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_13_57_08_pro.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some more pics..

wp_20151010_13_59_52_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_14_00_04_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_13_55_57_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_13_55_31_pro.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa! Who's Julia and how do I get one of those. Nevermind found it. Sweet.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL, Ame you crack me up! :cheeky: I'm addicted, I really feel like I need a few more of Julia's boxes because I already gave two of mine away to friends who are getting married.
My Brightstone and Scarlet came today. :appl: Just got a couple pictures in the sunlight, :love: no rings though since I was in a hurry.

wp_20151010_16_28_49_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_16_29_04_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_16_29_46_pro.jpg

wp_20151010_16_30_10_pro.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, it is nice to have additional options! I really would not need a double ring box for anything but my wedding set, but I think JuliaB's look really nice! I see a couple of others selling them, too. One that looks about as good as the inspiration boxes is called WeftandWhimsy on etsy, also. Competition is a very good thing especially when prices are too high!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker2006 be careful with the other etsy stores. I don't remember which one it was, but I remember looking at one of them and they sell the tops and bottoms separate. Also I don't remember if it was the same store or another one, but they didn't offer returns. I'm sure there's other good etsy stores besides Julia's, I just ordered from her because I had ordered jewelry from her previously and trust her quality. I'd love to see and hear reviews of other boxes though, if anyone has any other Mrs.Box "Inspired" boxes. :bigsmile:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I have 3 of the older Mrs Boxes which I love (picked up the 3rd when the Barrister went on clearance before the release of the new colors). I had planned to order one of the new colors but put that on hold when I saw the concerns raised here. In a separate thread I saw one of JuliaB's boxes so decided to give them a try. I purchased 2 because that was still cheaper than 1 Mrs Box. They arrived QUICKLY (ordered on a Monday and arrived by Thursday). I was amazed at the quality which is at least as good as the vintage Mrs Boxes. The slightly larger size and the two ring slots were both a plus. It also comes with a similar outer box as the Mrs Box, which is important if you plan to travel with it. I was so happy with them, I ordered 2 more. All of that aside, I still do love the Mrs. Boxes and plan to order another perhaps next season. I find that the single ring slot is better for rings with elongated styles. Plus the sumptuous colors are hard to forget. I am happy to have both types of boxes. I'll post pictures of all boxes soon.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
RissaLou|1444519600|3937094 said:
LOL, Ame you crack me up! :cheeky: I'm addicted, I really feel like I need a few more of Julia's boxes because I already gave two of mine away to friends who are getting married.
My Brightstone and Scarlet came today. :appl: Just got a couple pictures in the sunlight, :love: no rings though since I was in a hurry.
I wanted the purple one from Julia but they were all sold out. So I got green. I didn't have any green ones. It's scheduled to arrive today at my house (I forgot to select work. doh!)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
My purple arrived today, so here's my little collection of two JuliaB boxes and one Mrs Box!

uploadfromtaptalk1444936138129.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1444936164|3938630 said:
My purple arrived today, so here's my little collection of two JuliaB boxes and one Mrs Box!

Do you like the quality of those?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, both JuliaB boxes are much better made than my Mrs Box. Which, granted, my Mrs Box is from the recent round of not so great quality, but I've heard from others who have the old Mrs Boxes that the JuliaB box quality is just as good if not better.

Vampira

Rough_Rock
I ordered a yellow JuliaB box. Fingers crossed, and thanks for the alternative recommendation!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I received my Julia B box yesterday. It's really awesome! I chose the coral color.

_34904.jpg

_34905.jpg

_34906.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, that looks great, Sparkly Soprano! :appl: Isn't the coral color so pretty?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Star Sparkle! Yes, I love the color! I very much admire rose gold so it's also sort of my way to include that type of coloring with my rings. Some day maybe I can get a rose gold band to stack...??? In the meantime, I will definitely enjoy this box.

I also wanted to add that I was surprised at how tiny it really was, and I liked that. The Mrs. Boxes in comparison made the Julia B box look huge, but it is not at all. It's smaller than the presentation box my e-ring came in.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Man, I wanted that coral color but she sold out! So I chose Teal - hopefully I will love the color!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
excited to know about JuliaB's.
I have one MRS and honestly did not want to invest in any more at that price,
but still wanted to see a line-up of velvet boxes in my safe : )
So this may be the solution.
I also cruise Etsy looking for antique boxes and have found a few I like, but generally the old ones are very tiny. Not exactly PS size lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered Julia's ring box but unfortunately it didn't arrive before we left for the beach house yesterday AM but I think it arrived in NY yesterday so I will get it on Monday afternoon when we go back and share my impressions here. I ordered it in my favorite color blue. I thought it would be nice to have another ring box (my dh made me a wood ring box years ago for my ER and WBs) to keep my rings in at the beach house so I am excited to get Julia's box Monday.

Vampira

Rough_Rock
My JuliaB box just arrived today! SUPER speedy shipping!

juliab.jpg

Love the color, the packaging, and the space for two rings. It's about 90% perfect in my opinion, and it was only $40.

My center stone is only .47 ct and my ring size is a little smaller than 5, so the box would probably look perfectly petite for those of you ladies with big, beautiful solitaires and halos (as evidenced by SparklySoprano's post above)!

K8tlynS

Rough_Rock
I, too, recently ordered a velvet ring box from JuliaB and it's absolutely lovely! Not owning a Mrs.Box, I was honestly surprised at how tiny it is, but it's awesome that it holds an entire wedding set. I love the pale baby blue color and the construction seems perfect to my eyes. I just hope she does restock in a few months, because the only colors left are yellow and red.

_34959.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm absolutely in love with these boxes!!! So I had five Julia boxes and gave two away. Teal to a friend who is getting married for her "something blue". Then I gave a yellow one to another friend who just got married. I think her center diamond is about 1.2cts, and her side trillion blue sapphires are maybe .40cts each. I can't be sure, but I thought the blue sapphires would really look good against the yellow box. Both friends loved their boxes, I was so excited they both liked them! The friend who has the yellow box texted my this photo and I wanted to share :bigsmile: . Sorry it's not too close up, I don't think she's use to taking pictures of her bling :cheeky:

v__890e.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K8tlynS|1445373489|3940362 said:
I, too, recently ordered a velvet ring box from JuliaB and it's absolutely lovely! Not owning a Mrs.Box, I was honestly surprised at how tiny it is, but it's awesome that it holds an entire wedding set. I love the pale baby blue color and the construction seems perfect to my eyes. I just hope she does restock in a few months, because the only colors left are yellow and red.

She's running low?! Off to buy red!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel I think she still had turquoise an hour ago too :love:

I was able to enhance my friends pic a bit so we can see it better :appl:

v__890e__2_.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RissaLou|1445378073|3940392 said:
Niel I think she still had turquoise an hour ago too :love:

I was able to enhance my friends pic a bit so we can see it better :appl:

I saw that. I really like the red so ordering that one first.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I hope you love it! Can't wait to see pictures :wink2:

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
I ordered the Turquoise last night. I can't wait to get it. Wish I would have seen these posts earlier regarding the JuliaB boxes.

Leaving to get married/honeymoon on Saturday and it would be nice to have the box for both of my rings! :appl: I just couldn't pull the trigger on a Mrs Box with the price.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Vampira said:
My JuliaB box just arrived today! SUPER speedy shipping!

juliab.jpg

Love the color, the packaging, and the space for two rings. It's about 90% perfect in my opinion, and it was only $40.

My center stone is only .47 ct and my ring size is a little smaller than 5, so the box would probably look perfectly petite for those of you ladies with big, beautiful solitaires and halos (as evidenced by SparklySoprano's post above)!

Vampira, your box looks fabulous with your rings in it. Color is like sunshine!

K8tlynS said:

K8tlyns, I hope she gets more, too! Someone I thought said earlier she was discontinuing. The baby blue is stunning.

RissaLou, I like the blue against the yellow a lot!

Can't wait for the latest pics showing off red and teal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results