shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your ovals with sidestones!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Side view. YG band with WG prongs. I''m considering a new setting (this is the arrangement I wanted: oval with round sides but we used a local jeweler and the craftsmanship could have been better) but I love that it''s low profile.

sideejser.jpg

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
I like the low profile a lot. I absolutely love your ring, seeing yours on another thread turned me on to 3-stone ovals actually!! I love the shape of your oval and the size ratio, I''m jealous!!

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! The ratio was really important to me. (The jeweler messed up and put .30 on each side instead of .30 tcw but there wasn''t time to fix before my DH proposed so I ended up getting a diamond "reduction" because the proportion looked off. I don''t know many other people who have given their rings back to replace larger diamonds for smaller!) Anyway, if the rounds are too big, they take attention away from the oval because they can be more brilliant, which is why I think most oval 3-stones have 3 ovals. My rounds are also D/VVS2. I''m hoping one day to get a bigger version of this same ring, in the same proportions because I love it. One note if you are looking at ovals is to look out for the bow-tie effect. It may not bother you but I didn''t like it so my DH tried to find one that had the least bow-tie effect possible.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ausable that''s a really pretty oval. Glad you''ve joined PS.

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
I agree about the bow tie, this forum made me aware of it, and I look out for it, that''s another thing I noticed about your stone! It really is lovely.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
wow, that''s pretty. i recently acquired a 28 point fluorescent h vs1 oval on ebay and i have a pair of old fluorescent round leverbacks that i never wear. hmmm.... three stone.....

Patsmom

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, here is my oval with side stones. The ring is 19 years old and I did not pick out the setting. It was custom made and designed by my husband. He actually wanted trillions, which were very expensive 19 years ago and the jeweler recommended a setting like this. I love the setting, but at times I look at it and want to change it to something more simple - I have visions of putting the oval into a tiffany style setting and using the side stones to make an eternity band.

The center stone is 1.25 VVS1 H color, and the side stones are .25 each. VVS1 I color stones. I have the matching wedding band with 5, .25 VVS H color stones, and was thinking to take the 6 stones from the setting, and the 5 stones from the wedding ring and creating a new setting, but I just cannot get myself to do it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting my ring Bling!!!
1.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my oval. It''s a 1.5 carat fancy light yellow with F color, VS1 clarity side stones (approx. 41 carats total weight). I wish I had a better pic of it, but you all get the idea! I LOVE the ring and got it to celebrate my grandmother who died from cancer 20 years ago. Yellow was her favorite color, and I got it to mark what would have been her 90th birthday. I got "Isuzu," which is something we used to say to one another, engraved in the band. Looking at it makes me so happy!

myring112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results