shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your M, N, O colored diamonds!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I was a student at GIA back in 1975 (Mr. Peabody, get the Way Back machine warmed up please.) on of the students there had a quarter carat diamond in one of her upper front teeth.

I do not remember that anyone ever asked her what color it was.

Wink

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy to report that I'm very pleased with my yellow tooth N SI 1 diamond! Thanks Taylorbug for posting a link to mine. I have a couple of diamonds that are "higher" in color but much smaller in ct. I knew that I wanted huge finger coverage so I sacrificed color for my 3ct. And boy do I love my N, such a creamy color from top, ginger ale from the side. I did my research before purchasing and here's a great video from Wink. There's another video with a 2 ct N AVC set in a gorgeous ring from Jonthan at GOG, I can't for the life of me find it though.

Wink's-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n4kTLkcWU

It's definitely a matter of what your sweet spot is.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink really does have funny commentary, doesn't he? I'd never listened to his stuff before now. Cute.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Bright Ice I love your three stone. The diamonds are so bright and the color really makes them stand out!

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
I have a 2.04 M stone!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...and-the-set-is-complete.71315/?hilit=Alleyoop

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/funny-old-m-n-stone-new-wf-setting.67849/

In everyday life it looks very white, and get complements all the time. In my home, white. In Target and outside or in the car, super white! It helps that the stone performs really well, super sparkly, lots of color flashes. This is a family stone, and I am one LUCKY girl. I love love love it.

However, when I go into my local jewelry store, it looks dark yellow, nearly chocolate. I should take it in there and do some comparison shots, inside and outside. You would be amazed. They do that on purpose, I suppose, to get people to buy higher color stones. And to be honest, if I saw it in the shop, I would never consider it. Let that be a lesson for those looking for something different. Take the stone outside, home, in the car and to Target, then decide!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyCheeks|1292956009|2802973 said:
I'm happy to report that I'm very pleased with my yellow tooth N SI 1 diamond! Thanks Taylorbug for posting a link to mine. I have a couple of diamonds that are "higher" in color but much smaller in ct. I knew that I wanted huge finger coverage so I sacrificed color for my 3ct. And boy do I love my N, such a creamy color from top, ginger ale from the side. I did my research before purchasing and here's a great video from Wink. There's another video with a 2 ct N AVC set in a gorgeous ring from Jonthan at GOG, I can't for the life of me find it though.

Wink's-

This is my stone that I purchased from Wink. It is the center stone in my 3 stone. The sides are N as well from Wink. He is hilarious and so sweet.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1292953465|2802914 said:
When I was a student at GIA back in 1975 (Mr. Peabody, get the Way Back machine warmed up please.) on of the students there had a quarter carat diamond in one of her upper front teeth.

Wink

Being in dentistry, this interests me, how did it stay in and where was it located? We have always wanted to see this!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane|1292915221|2802535 said:
If someone were to tell me this diamond looks like a yellow tooth, I'd march them into the nearest optometrist!

My M-N 1.53ct OEC, ring by RDG. Nothin but bright, beautiful colours!
arjunajane this is one of my top 5 FAVORITE stones in the whole world!!! Everything about it is just perfect to me! :love: And I love the setting too!! :D

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LALove|1292974094|2803272 said:
arjunajane|1292915221|2802535 said:
If someone were to tell me this diamond looks like a yellow tooth, I'd march them into the nearest optometrist!

My M-N 1.53ct OEC, ring by RDG. Nothin but bright, beautiful colours!
arjunajane this is one of my top 5 FAVORITE stones in the whole world!!! Everything about it is just perfect to me! :love: And I love the setting too!! :D
aw thanks LA that is very kind-I got very lucky with the diamond, but I must admit I'm super proud of the setting-I must make a point of wearing and enjoying it more often ::)

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane|1293003890|2803551 said:
ZahraLeyla|1292998469|2803509 said:
I am in the process of purchasing this 4.09ct O/P OMC from JbEG - can't wait to receive it!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/huge-want-jbeg-eye-candy.136919/
Z!
Of course I am completely envious -that will be an incredible performer -do you plan on re setting it? How long until it reaches you?

Hoping early next year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think we will be resetting it, and Mike from RDG has sent me a few sketches involving pink and yellow diamonds, which I'm incredibly excited about. However, if Mike does reset it for us, we want to go to NZ to pick it up in person, and we won't have time to do that until November next year. So I'm just going to have to be patient!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I'm enjoying all the warm colored diamonds!!! They are all so lovely!

This is my 2.27ct N color cushion-it is set in RG with 2 F colored step cut pears in Plat right now, but I am thinking that I would prefer it either in a halo, a 3 stone or other setting with some sort of colored gemstones or colored diamonds. I really feel it currently needs some color contrast to make the center stone really POP, but am feeling bad about spending the money on the custom made setting it is currently in-so will probably wear it a while longer the way it is.

2.27ct N color cushion3.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally in love right now with a warm color diamond! I want to pull the trigger so badly...sigh.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! I enjoy lower color diamonds. I have RHR plans for my M-N-O...problem is I keep changing my mind! I bought a halo type setting for the stone, but now I think I want to do a three stone with my H/I .25 RB stones instead. I am so indecisive.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
LALove|1293147482|2805034 said:
ZahraLeyla|1292998469|2803509 said:
I am in the process of purchasing this 4.09ct O/P OMC from JbEG - can't wait to receive it!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/huge-want-jbeg-eye-candy.136919/
Oh my! I've drooled over this ring! Great pick- it's amazing- seriously beyond gorgeous and HUMONGOUS!!! What are the measurements? It looks like it'd cover a whole finger :bigsmile:

The measurements are 10.07 x 9.55 x 6.34mm. It's probably a little deep for its size, so it will sit up quite high on the finger. I'm a bit of a clutz, so I'm going to have to be careful not to bang my hand against things when I'm wearing it!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
LALove|1293147307|2805033 said:
Love Street.. that AVC is.. S T U N N I N G!!!! STUNNING!!! LIKE WHOA! Wow! Seriously WOW! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Aww thanks LALove! There are definitely some stunners on this board (can't wait to see that 4ct from JBEG!)
I always have to thank ArjunaJane because it was partly the amazing photos of her M color AVC that made me realize I would actually love one of these myself. And for me, the tradeoff of color for size is SOOOO worth it! I love the creaminess of my M - I think it's very flattering on skin tone and just looks so special. I'm so happy to see all the warm colors on PS in the last few years. Keep the pix coming!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice said:

Wink's-

This is my stone that I purchased from Wink. It is the center stone in my 3 stone. The sides are N as well from Wink. He is hilarious and so sweet.

Bright ice I didn't realize that was your diamond. I'm so glad I saw the video of it, I never would've have known these warmer tones existed!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AprilBaby|1292969959|2803205 said:
Wink|1292953465|2802914 said:

Wink

Being in dentistry, this interests me, how did it stay in and where was it located? We have always wanted to see this!

Right in the middle of her right front top incisor. Some kind of epoxy.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bright ice|1292967988|2803176 said:

Wink's-

Thank you for your kind words!

Wink

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
My O-P diamond:

2011-09-23 13.22.32.jpg

2011-09-23 13.21.14.jpg

2011-10-01 15.25.05.jpg

mvd425

Rough_Rock
Wow! These are all so beautiful! I know this is posting a long time after the original post was formed... but I am wondering... Where can a person find ideally cut lower color stones? I have seen many lower color stones that are just gorgeous, and I would like a large stone. . . but they seem harder to come across the lower in color you go. So where are they hiding? :)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You probably need to talk to your favorite vendor and let them help you find it. They are out there.

Just curious, how big are you talking?

The wonder of nice, well cut M,N,O colored diamonds is how INEXPENSIVE they are compared to an F color.

I know of a 6.03ct N-VVS1 that is only $86,000 total and 6.02 F-VVS2 that is $91,906 PER CARAT for a total of $553,632. So there is tremendous value in the lower colored stones as they are "underdesired" and thus much more affordable for a larger stone.

Wink

SB621

Ideal_Rock
mvd425|1364155442|3412426 said:
Wow! These are all so beautiful! I know this is posting a long time after the original post was formed... but I am wondering... Where can a person find ideally cut lower color stones? I have seen many lower color stones that are just gorgeous, and I would like a large stone. . . but they seem harder to come across the lower in color you go. So where are they hiding? :)

I believe someone already answered you in another thread but if you are looking for antique old cut diamonds you can check out

Jewels by Erica Grace
Old World Diamonds

however if you are looking for something more modern any vendor can assist you. Most people aren't looking for lower colors so they put higher colored diamonds on their websites which sell faster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results