shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

Thank you Diamondseeker2006, Heididdl and Rhea for your thoughtful comments regarding the pave petal design and its practicality. I had a gut feel that the petal design would be hidden, but you all confirmed it and brought up other aspects like versatility. I am truly glad I posted my question and benefited from everyone's insights.

Thank you very much,
AT

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've had these for years, but I haven't posted them in this thread. These are my EGL 3.08ctw J VS2 studs. I don't know how accurate the grades are and I've been afraid to get an appraisal to find out. I have a serious case of DSS so I think it's time to purchase some halos.

Pictures courtesy of cell phone camera so please forgive quality issues. Reflections are the result of my photography skills and not inclusions.

screenshot_2015-02-28-14-35-08.png

screenshot_2015-02-28-14-53-23.png

screenshot_2015-02-28-15-20-42.png

screenshot_2015-02-01-16-58-21.png

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
dSs for 3.00 wow. I understand I loved the size of mine 2.41 until I got the jackets now I have DSS . Please don't tell my husband I think he'd leave me.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Here are my new BG blues. They are set in 18k wg bezel milgrain setting. One is a 1.243 I and the other is a 1.226 J (I can't tell them apart). I have a la pousette back.

img_0297_2.jpg

img_8612.jpg

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lilysweet, your studs are lovely!

heididdl|1425255591|3840460 said:
dSs for 3.00 wow. I understand I loved the size of mine 2.41 until I got the jackets now I have DSS . Please don't tell my husband I think he'd leave me.

I really must order jackets! I used to think my studs were huge, but now I want to go up a few carats. I've been wearing them everyday for 4 years. My lobes are pretty big which doesn't help the DSS. The blessing and the curse of being single is that I can spend my money on jewelry :wink2:

Here is a better ear shot:

screenshot_2015-03-01-13-52-42.png

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah there is no way that I' can upgrade. DH thinks the 2.41 tcw are big enough. The jackets make them huge. Althouggh I am still not 100 happy with the way the jackets fit into my martini. I get indentations in my ears at the end of the day from squishing the backs on...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't enough to start a thread but I had a little eeeee!!! moment today. I was stopped today by a person who wanted a closer look at my earrings. That doesn't happen often. She was wearing diamond studs herself and asked if mine were a carat each (they aren't, they're about 0.84 each). I get so used to them I can forget how large they seem sometimes.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Those look stunning on you!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Kimmy|1426724732|3849326 said:
Those look stunning on you!

:) Thanks still having issues with the fact they don't sit flush in the jackets. But don't want to reset them I like my martini setting

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
I mostly lurk around here, but this thread was so helpful to me in figuring out what size range to look at for studs, so I wanted to contribute my new 1.16tcw August Vintage Round studs in white gold martini settings. I spent a good while looking at various options before David at GOG matched me with this pair. I knew I wanted OECs-- I just don't respond to round brilliants on myself, although I like them on other people-- and my first inclination was to get true antique stones. Once I had a pair to try, I found I just wasn't seeing the colorful flashes of fire that I find so heart-stopping in my antique diamonds. My first thought was to go larger to see if I could see more fire, but I decided to go see AVRs in person first, and I'm so glad I did! The ideal proportions on the AVR make a tremendous difference in diamonds this size. I'm amazed by their presence. Of course my photos do them no justice-- why are diamonds so impossible to photograph?-- but they are incredibly lively in person, and I think the match is fantastic. Diamond 1 is K, VS1, .57 cts, 5.24-5.24 x 3.34 with a 48% table, and Diamond 2 is K, SI2, .591 cts, 5.28-5.30 x 3.39 with a 49.5% table. I initially gravitated towards smaller table percentages, which is what I like to see on my hand, but I found that I preferred the larger tables on my ears.

I can't recommend GOG enough-- their customer service is some of the best I've encountered from any business of any kind. David has a fantastic eye and infinite patience (trust me, I tested it).

As an added bonus, if I want to go bigger later, GOG has a great upgrade policy, which I wouldn't have gotten with antiques. Right now, however, these still seem large to me after wearing them every day for a couple of weeks. I hope they resist shrinking for a good while. :bigsmile: I do think I'll upgrade the settings at some point to the martinis that have a little donut-like "stopper" at the base. I don't think the martinis are stretching my ear holes as some wearers find, but they do dig in a bit and leave marks on my ears by the end of the day. I love the three prongs, however-- I tried a similar-sized pair set in six-prong baskets, and I think the martinis look bigger on my ears. These came with friction backs-- screwbacks don't fit in my ears-- so I added a pair of Chrysmela Catch backs for peace of mind.

Thanks for letting me share. :dance:

_dsf1933.jpg

_dsf1937.jpg

_dsf1944.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your AVR studs look amazing Dulcinea! :love: Congrats!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimmy|1425167945|3839929 said:
I've had these for years, but I haven't posted them in this thread. These are my EGL 3.08ctw J VS2 studs. I don't know how accurate the grades are and I've been afraid to get an appraisal to find out. I have a serious case of DSS so I think it's time to purchase some halos.

Pictures courtesy of cell phone camera so please forgive quality issues. Reflections are the result of my photography skills and not inclusions.

Love your studs.

And I love how beautiful you are...perfect skin, gorgeous eyes, gorgeous brows!! I'm so jealous, ha ha!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, love all the new studs! The AVR's are so pretty! This thread gives me DSS every time I look at it, though, and I just upgraded my studs!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1427572758|3853825 said:
Oh, love all the new studs! The AVR's are so pretty! This thread gives me DSS every time I look at it, though, and I just upgraded my studs!!!

And when do we get to see pictures???

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Dulcinea- wow! They look fab! Giving me ideas!!!
DS- yes- when are we going to get some pics of the upgrade!!!! Lol x

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Love your studs thanks for sharing

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Phoenix|1427518990|3853606 said:

Love your studs.

And I love how beautiful you are...perfect skin, gorgeous eyes, gorgeous brows!! I'm so jealous, ha ha!!

You are too sweet! You've made my weekend :D Thank you!

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Junebug, lilysweet, DiamondSeeker, GregChang-- thank you for your very kind compliments! I'm still bounding out of bed every morning excited to put these studs in. ;))

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

I would die for 3.08 and you have DSS.. Its funny sometimes my 2.40 look perfect other times the EGL F (I call them J) look so yellow especially when I wear my IDJewelery F/G jackets.

bmgregory

Rough_Rock
Did you ever figure out a solution to the sideways Huggie dilemma?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow btiger! if they are your earrings... what is your engagement ring like!!! WOWsers!!!!
thanx for sharing!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Those are some serious ear real estate!! Just beautiful!! :love: :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
So jealous...Not just on the size but that you didn't have to compromise for color or clarity or hearts and arrows. The stones are spectacular. I need to find a sugar daddy on the side to get a pair of those . But I love my hubby too much. lol

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe that I'm posting these after those 9tcw+ whoppers!! :oops:

Anyway, here are my new 1tcw studs! They face up very white and clean for their stated color and clarity grades.
0.508 H SI1, 0.506 J VS2 (not ACA, but both are AGS000) in Whiteflash's 3-prong martini settings, in platinum and with tapered prongs. I was afraid before I received them that they would look too small, but I think they're the perfect size. I was pleasantly surprised at how large they look on my ear. I think any larger and I wouldn't be able to wear them everyday for work, etc. :love:

studs2_0.jpg 20150518_094654.jpg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They look great on you and I think they are a great size for everyday

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1431916356|3877942 said:
I can't believe that I'm posting these after those 9tcw+ whoppers!! :oops:

Anyway, here are my new 1tcw studs! They face up very white and clean for their stated color and clarity grades.
0.508 H SI1, 0.506 J VS2 (not ACA, but both are AGS000) in Whiteflash's 3-prong martini settings, in platinum and with tapered prongs. I was afraid before I received them that they would look too small, but I think they're the perfect size. I was pleasantly surprised at how large they look on my ear. I think any larger and I wouldn't be able to wear them everyday for work, etc. :love:

They are gorgeous and look big and perfect on your ears! I wear 1 ctw too and I feel the same as you, good for my lifestyle and for everyday wear. They're beautiful, I know you will enjoy them! :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results