color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1348606337|3274523 said:
rainydaze|1348529141|3273960 said:
Polished, your ring is gorgeous! I love it paired with that band, it looks to compliment it perfectly!

Aaaand, we are kinda (fraternal) ring twins - mine just arrived and it is the same style, with a (just under) half carat, but in platinum! I was debating between yellow gold and plat, so I can't tell you how excited I was to see your ring. When I want that yg fix I'll come back here to ogle it! :))

I love and adore this ring more and more the more I wear it. It just continues to bring joy with all of it's details and sparkle. I took some not-so-great iphone pics that don't do it justice, but here they are anyway.

rainy!!! What an amazing coincidence! I love it in platinum, too!!! :love: :appl:

Gosh, I am going to have to admit that I really like these settings with small to medium size diamonds. That is my fear about getting a larger stone (if it ever comes in!).

I know, right?! I couldn't believe it when I saw her post... so cool!

Thanks for the compliment on my ring - I can't even begin to express how much I am loving it! My jeweler said that she and Larry were talking and agree this setting looks better with 'smaller diamonds' (i.e. around a half carat). After only 2 days of wearing only this ring, my other ring with a 1.3ct diamond looked like a freakish growth when I put it back on! :)) I've never really been about size, I'm not even sure what made me go for a 1.3, and this made me realize that indeed for me it is about the beauty of the package... and this ring has turned out to be the total package, far beyond my wildest expectations. (The diamond is an August Vintage round, btw. I know that's what you are looking at yourself.) I am just as in love with the VanC ring with a half carat as I am with my 1.3ct OEC JM solitaire - two very different flavors despite the similar cut and both being platinum. Basically what I am saying is, it might be worth considering going smaller if any part of you really means it.... (I also went for a D color in this diamond, i.e. smaller but higher color/clarity, and that is part of my enjoyment of it, too. My OEC is G/VS1, so no slouch either, but like you I tend towards the higher colors/clarities and this satisfied that ultimate itch.)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I was sitting here thinking maybe the VanC (that you like, the number is escaping me) with a smaller diamond is worth real consideration since you'll still have one of your large diamonds in the solitaire setting. But then I remembered you do already have that VanC band and it could end up being too similar to that look. Well, food for thought I guess! :))

I have to say it again, though, I just can't get over how much I am loving this ring, and everything it offers me in contrast (or compliment) to what I already have. I also can't get over what a wallup this lil' AVR packs - even my mom who was convinced she 'needs' a 'big' diamond (i.e. 1.5-2ct; for reasons of proportion and eyesight) is utterly smitten with this diamond and its beauty. In case any of that sways you.... :devil: :halo:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous rainydaze!!! :love: :love: :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks junebug!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainydaze|1348611056|3274583 said:
DS, I was sitting here thinking maybe the VanC (that you like, the number is escaping me) with a smaller diamond is worth real consideration since you'll still have one of your large diamonds in the solitaire setting. But then I remembered you do already have that VanC band and it could end up being too similar to that look. Well, food for thought I guess! :))

I have to say it again, though, I just can't get over how much I am loving this ring, and everything it offers me in contrast (or compliment) to what I already have. I also can't get over what a wallup this lil' AVR packs - even my mom who was convinced she 'needs' a 'big' diamond (i.e. 1.5-2ct; for reasons of proportion and eyesight) is utterly smitten with this diamond and its beauty. In case any of that sways you.... :devil: :halo:

This is all very helpful, rainy! I didn't realize the diamond is an AVR! That makes it even better! I am going to have to rethink everything. I was going to go for a larger diamond just because that was what Jonathan had coming in. The main problem is not having all sizes of AVR's available in the color/clarity combos I might want. I honestly almost think a larger diamond is fine in a plainer solitaire and then a smaller one could go in the VC setting I want. I just need to think this through. Seeing Yenny's new ring today made me also think how nice a 3-stone ring would be with AVR's! :lol: Too bad I don't have unlimited money!

Your prongs look really good..are those the claw prongs? We need some macro shots!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker, you can see the top of the prongs quite clearly in my second last photo, they are done in platinum. I'd also love to see some macro shots of your ring rainydaze!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1348627056|3274706 said:
Diamondseeker, you can see the top of the prongs quite clearly in my second last photo, they are done in platinum. I'd also love to see some macro shots of your ring rainydaze!

I love your prongs! Did you ask for the claw prongs? Different prongs apparently cost different amounts and I want to be sure I am asking for the correct thing!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny's ring is gorgeous, I wouldn't mind one of those myself! C'mon money tree...

I'll see if I can get some better shots of the prongs and basket. Von Bargen's had a sample ring brought in for me to see, and it had the prongs I got (which are claw with a nice 'cleft' in them). So I bugged the heck out of my poor SA to make sure mine had the same exact prongs as the sample (which is also what is shown on VanC's site for the 458 - I think that's the number for my setting style). Even so, it did come in with regular round-tipped prongs (I believe SA was totally on top of it as she reassured me she spoke to Larry personally about it *and* sent back the sample with a note to make them the same). It was being sent back for the stamping mistake anyway and some touch-ups that the SA felt were needed, so we were set to have them fix the prongs too, but then they ended up asking Larry to remake the whole ring. It came back perfect the second go-round! Lovelovelove these prongs! I totally recommend them!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love your prongs! Did you ask for the claw prongs?

No I didn't, Paul organised the claws for me. They were one of the first things I first admired when the ring arrived. They are extremely dainty, from the top I can barely see them even with glasses on. With a small diamond this is a lovely feature.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I will definitely ask for these prongs (if I ever find a diamond to go in the setting) because I think they are beautiful!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had been wanting a piece from Van Craeynest for a long time and thought that it would probably happen within the next year or so. Then, talk re all the changes in the company began and I worried I would never get my hand-crafted, die-struck piece. So I thought long and hard and placed two orders.

I'm having my 1.5 carat MRB set into 556 and getting the matching band, 456 in plat. Love in Bloom has this set and her wonderful photography really helped me make my decision.

I'm also having my cushion Mahenge spinel set into 810 in 18 kt yellow gold. Aeolinarpa had her AVC from GOG set in 810 in white gold and I always thought it was so beautiful.

Since the rings are currently being made, I don't have any pictures of my own to share yet. I hope LIB and Aeolinarpa don't mind if I post theirs...

van_c_456_556_set.jpg

van_craeynest_810__amp__gog_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see them! Don't you also have an AVC in addition to the AVR? I thought maybe that was what you were setting at VC.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Baby nurse - a mahenge in a YG 810 - I think I've died and gone to bling heaven! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1349450470|3279906 said:
Those will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see them! Don't you also have an AVC in addition to the AVR? I thought maybe that was what you were setting at VC.

Thanks, DS! I do have an W-X AVC and would have liked to have set either it or the AVR in one of the VC settings but I thought stones this size just wouldn't look as nice in a VC setting. I'm going to want to wear my GOG stones often, but there will still be times when I'm more at ease with my current 1.5 ct RB. It's in a pretty setting but it's a bit dated-- I thought this would be a great time to upgrade to a more exciting wedding set and 456-556 really spoke to me.
Also, my 10 yr anniversary was in Jan, so the Mahenge spinel in 810 is an anniversary gift :)) .

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1349455090|3279937 said:
Baby nurse - a mahenge in a YG 810 - I think I've died and gone to bling heaven! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!

Thank you, Rosebloom! I *think* it will be beautiful. It's just a little over a carat, roughly a 7x6mm rectangular cushion so I'm really hoping the proportions are right. Aeolinarpa's AVC is more squarish and it looks perfect. I'll ask Larry what he thinks when he sees the stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1349568477|3280763 said:
diamondseeker2006|1349450470|3279906 said:

Thanks, DS! I do have an W-X AVC and would have liked to have set either it or the AVR in one of the VC settings but I thought stones this size just wouldn't look as nice in a VC setting. I'm going to want to wear my GOG stones often, but there will still be times when I'm more at ease with my current 1.5 ct RB. It's in a pretty setting but it's a bit dated-- I thought this would be a great time to upgrade to a more exciting wedding set and 456-556 really spoke to me.
Also, my 10 yr anniversary was in Jan, so the Mahenge spinel in 810 is an anniversary gift :)) .

Yes, you are right about the size issue. I have been debating that myself currently. But I have had kind of a disaster in that I think the AVR I wanted was sold today before I could reserve it! I really, really wanted one VC ring made before they moved, but right now it is not looking like I can swing it without a diamond. :sick:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, this really is such sad news, DS. I just can't believe that stone sold :blackeye: . I'm tempted to suggest you get the VanC made to fit a stone the size of that AVR, so that you're ready when one becomes available. Wishful thinking...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1349572225|3280799 said:
Oh man, this really is such sad news, DS. I just can't believe that stone sold :blackeye: . I'm tempted to suggest you get the VanC made to fit a stone the size of that AVR, so that you're ready when one becomes available. Wishful thinking...

When I ordered the two AVC's, I was thinking that I might put an AVC in the VC setting instead of the round. I was worried the round might be too large for the setting. But then I loved the AVC's and thought that maybe I'd rather wait and get a larger one! :lol: But I still want an AVR (or now maybe an OEC) for the main e-ring.

So I have big plans but the diamonds that I need just aren't there!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Well ladies, here are my likely last two VC entries. Yellow gold flower earrings with 0.2ct diamonds (I think) and a D61 pendant with an anomalous bezel-set half carat star 129 diamond (didn't want to pony up for another 0.75ct so milgrained bezel it was). Can't seem to capture the star quality of the diamond cut, but I am in lurve with its amazing optical performance.

DS, very sorry to hear about the AVR situation, it's amazing how something that's so relatively replaceable can cause consternation. I'd give Jonathan a chance to conjure up a few oldie options -- that's how my 1.5 in the plat. 484 was chanced upon, and it took all of three days. /enable :naughty:

Babynurse, congrats on picking such a beautiful setting for your 1.5ct, and on having such excellent taste of course :) Your spinel in yellow/red gold 812 should be lustable! Look forward to seeing them both. :appl:

vcearrings.jpg

_1259.jpg

vcd61-2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEautiful pieces, Aeolianarpa! Love those delicate looking earrings and the pendant detail... :lickout: Beautiful!! Wear in good health!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Aeolianarpa, your earrings are gorgeous, and the pendant is absolutely and completely stunning!!! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Aeol!!! Those are just gorgeous! :love: Wow, I love how the pendant turned out! I think that is an example of how some things are just better suited to yg! I like it so much better than the plat. version! And those earrings...just beautiful! I'd love to see an ear shot to get size perspective if you have a chance!

I so wanted to get one thing from the old factory just for sentimental reasons. But it isn't looking likely at this point. I haven't given up, though. I am talking with Jonathan and will probably look at a couple of other AVR's before I abandon that idea. A lot depends on the size and color of the stone I end up with as to whether the 484 is the setting I will choose.

I need to plant a money tree in my yard soon. I have too many projects on my list!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi and Armywife, thank you ladies for your lovely comments. These last projects have to make up for a VC-less (well, the VC format I was willing to lose the odd arm and leg for anyway!) future, so the moves had to be unlike what I've done before.

DS, ahh, I'm glad you like the yellow version... /sway locket... It's still available... for a smaller AVR-type diamond *right now*... Must not resist... :) I've taken an ear shot that would make Van Gogh's right hand itchy and I'm loathe to post it, but! Here it is: (Diameter of each is about 7.5 mm, the carving makes the gold shimmer like nothing I've seen before, even though I've seen quite a bit like it before. Very odd.)

I hope Jonathan can sort out a suitable stone for the VanC answer, but as others have rightly said, there's no doubting that in the end you'll have yourself a masterpiece of one divine flavor or another. Time spent pondering and planning is good for money tree growth, I've found! :)

earpin.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so beautiful on the ear, Aeol! Thank you for posting the picture! I am not sure what you meant:

"sway locket... It's still available... for a smaller AVR-type diamond *right now*"

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 more weeks until I get my 484. :snore: Since I am a coloured stoner through and though, this one will have a cobalt bearing blue spinel. In keeping with the delicate setting, I've gone for a small stone which is a huge departure for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1350038852|3283717 said:
4 more weeks until I get my 484. :snore: Since I am a coloured stoner through and though, this one will have a cobalt bearing blue spinel. In keeping with the delicate setting, I've gone for a small stone which is a huge departure for me.

I take it that means they aren't taking more orders at the old facility. I just wasn't able to get the stone issue resolved in time. I wanted a higher color diamond to put in the 4 prong setting, but my only choices are going to be lower color and I really want an AVR if I can identify one that will work for me. So maybe later I can get an OEC or colored stone to set in the 484 while they are still doing die struck pieces.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It takes a few weeks to get each piece done and with the factory being moved in late October, everything must be completed before the move. Per Paul, at this point, you can get die struck pieces for a few months yet. No guarantee but you do need to hurry.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful pendant and earrings, Aeolirnarpa! (and nothing wrong with your ears, btw!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT NEWS for Van Craeynest fans....Paul Emerson said he is dropping plans to cast rings under the Van Craeynest brand. They will continue die-striking as they always have!

Now, for a little eye candy that looks a LOT like what I want...here is veronaitalia's beautiful 484 with a 1.75 K AVR! :love:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip-its-been-to-avr-vc484-combo.181117/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip-its-been-to-avr-vc484-combo.181117/[/URL]

_1462.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new pieces! Does anyone know when the actual move took place/will take place? I have an order in for my wedding band now. I'm just getting caught up with the thread and had no idea about all of this, but I hope everything will be okay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results