color
clarity

show me all your cushion cut halo rings-HELP with halo point

alexisbailey33

Rough_Rock
image_1451.jpg
photo_2_62.jpg

Hi,

I am custom designing a cushion cut blue sapphire measurements 8.12mm by 5.55mm depth 5.06 halo in platinum. My problem is with the halo itself, I am worried with the size of the diamonds the jeweler wants to put into it which is 1.4mm diamonds about 0.01ct so 24 in total. Band will be 0.02ct 7 down each side total 14. Not sure how big they will look, I wanted to achieve a delicate in proportion to center sapphire look. I have to wait for CAD to come back to me next week to see but was wondering if anyone could show me there's or advise me if I would still achieve a delicate halo in relation to sapphire and eternity half band. Above image is her custom design from a previous client but is basis for mine in cushion. My original design is based on one below:
photo_4_33.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170137467/186ct-cushion-peacock-blue-color-change?ref=shop_home_active_

Would appreciate all feedback and photos of yours ladies and any prof advice, below is my sapphire second one cushion cut.. In the photos below image one my sapphire is second down, image two third along cushion cut rectangle one, and image 3 on middle finger not wanting that setting just used to photograph sapphire in a setting, want my setting curved like above photo of cushion cut setting..

Thanks Alexis
photo__1__16.jpg
photo_2_61.jpgphoto_3_50.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Re: show me all your cushion cut halo rings-HELP with halo p

hello! I would like to tell you what someone told me when I was stressing over the size of my halo (Chrono, I think): relax, and let your jeweler help you. you must have seen something of her work that you liked for you to make your ring with her, and so Trust her! also, I'm sure you still have the chance to make changes, so why not give it a go?

but just to reassure you, my ring seems to have similar stats. my stone is 8mm, and I believe the stones are about 1.3mm, which makes it very close to yours. I think the delicacy of the setting is more dependent on her metal work than the size of your diamonds exactly, and it looks like your design is similar to mine (in that the stone is elevated and slight overlaps the diamonds) so I don't think it's an issue.

photos of mine for your reference. I certainly think it's rather delicate, or as delicate as is possible with such a largeish centre stone! I'm a size 5 for reference.

p1170065_0.jpg
ring_string__2_.jpg

alexisbailey33

Rough_Rock
Re: show me all your cushion cut halo rings-HELP with halo p

Thank you so much! Your ring is beautiful btw and it really helps to see it too! I feel much more relieved after your post now.. Is your centre stone a colored diamond or a sapphire like mine? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results