shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Sharing a special gift

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been busy dealing with multiple family medical issues but with everyone on the mend, I wanted to share this special gift.

My love for jewelry came from my 81 year old mom who started taking me to gem shows over 30 years ago. This bracelet was one of her favorite pieces. She had her Vietnamese jeweler pick out the diamonds. Just before she was taken to OR for triple bypass and valve replacement surgery, she handed my a jewelry pouch she'd been hiding in her hand with the words "Thank you. I want you to have this". And so here it is. It's been a tough road but she's doing great as I get ready to head home in a few days. I've lived 450 miles away for 40 years with visits never longer than a week or two. While I wish the reason had been different, I treasure being able to spend the past two months with my best friend.

20170108_121506.jpg20170108_121748.jpg20170110_105124.jpg20170107_190841.jpg20170120_225535.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! A treasured gift! So happy she is on the mend!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely gift--wear it in good health and happiness!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bracelet! I wish her a speedy recovery and your family some peace and rest.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy to hear your mom is getting better. The bracelet is beautiful. Give your mom a big hug for me. :wavey:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Amazing bracelet and heartwarming story about your Mom...glad she is doing well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful and such a special gift from your mother! You have been so good to her to stay with her during her surgery and recovery!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a beautiful gift from your mother and I am glad everyone is on the mend. That is so special! Thank you for sharing this with us!

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
Such a lovely bracelet and an even more wonderful story! Very happy to hear your mom is on the way to recovery!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very touching story - I love that you can always wear it and think of your mom. :love:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful, lilmosun! It's so rich looking with the yellow gold.

I'm glad that your mom is on the mend. How nice that she decided to give you this now. You know that she appreciates you being there for her!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for ALL for the kind words and well-wishes. It will always be a special piece - not so much a reminder of her surgery but the time we got to spend together. I'm so grateful that my family and job allowed me to be here for her.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How very thoughtful of her. With that kind of spirit her recovery will go smoothly! Lovely piece. :D

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing, lilmosun. I am glad your mom is doing well and everyone is on the mend now. The bracelet is beautiful! Is it 24k gold?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww how beautiful, sentimental and special! Glad that she is on the mend!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
So gorgeous, I love the rich yellow gold! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story with us. I hope your mother has a smooth recovery.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous bracelet! :love: I'm also very happy that your mom is doing well after surgery!! :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful Mom, great daughter. What wonderful gesture on your mother's part. I am always humbled by mother love.

I LOVE the bracelet.. wear it with happiness, joy and the love your mother has for you.. and thank you for sharing!!

(glad your mom is doing well!)

:wavey: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just stunning! So glad your Mom is doing well and that you got to spend some quality time with her!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the added well wishes and kind words. The bracelet is 18K gold (marked 750) so not 22k. I had long admired it for the white sparkly diamonds...and given the circumstances, I feel like I have my mom with me when I wear it.

Mom is doing very well and is officially on her own this week (although restricted from lifting, pushing or pulling for another 6 weeks). I just got home yesterday but will be returning sooner than expected. My 87 year old dad is getting released from rehab next weekend. His trip to ICU on Dec 10th was the original reason I went home. So busy scheduling all his home care/appts right now. It will be an adjustment as he learns to accept his limitations. Hopefully, everything will get settled over the next month. I have a brother who is local but he had 3 stents put in the week before my mom's surgery and is doing cardio rehab. Phew! While it all seemed overwhelming to happen at once and over the holidays, it allowed me to be there for everyone without taking a leave from work. Very grateful and lucky for that. Thanks again...and apologies for no recognizing everyone by name earlier...it meant a lot. (Most of my surfing has been on my phone in hospitals/rehabs of late and I HATE typing on my phone).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results