shape
carat
color
clarity

Scintillating''s GOG and Leon Mege...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I've been holding out on you all.

My boyfriend of 7 years proposed over my birthday (Dec 18) and again Christmas Eve.
He decided to take me out to Amherst Massachusetts, where we met as undergrads, and fell in love.

He planned the most beautiful romantic weekend. We stayed at a lovely colonial inn, the Lord Jeffery Amherst Inn, right in the center of town. We explored our old haunts, ate at all the old places, and had a relaxing weekend - a luxury before the whirlwind at Christmas. He took me to decadent dinner at a restaurant we could only afford once in our college careers - where we had our graduation dinner. After dinner he took me back to see our old dorms which are quite close, separated only by a grassy hill. It was snowing (which always reminds me of falling in love with him) when he asked me to take a walk around our dorms. In the middle of the snow (and ice) covered field between our dorms he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was a wonderful full circle moment for us.

Unfortunately, we hadn't received the ring yet. We were supposed to receive it the Friday before the weekend. Damn UPS! So he proposed without the ring. We kept that proposal to ourselves - it's wonderful to have that our little secret. We still haven't told our family or friends, but I wanted to share the "whole" story with you all. My sweetie likes grand gestures and tends to do things in a big way so I knew I probably wouldn't be getting my ring over the holidays. I told him I'd tar and feather him if he proposed in front of our families.

On the eve of Christmas Eve, I was at home baking and my bf calls and tells me he's coming over. He's attempting to escape the chaos at his parents house, his father is 1st generation Italian and prepares the traditional Christmas Eve feast of 7 fishes - so, he spends the evening in my kitchen helping me bake. Over the course of the evening he rather slyly convinced me that after Christmas we'd go away to Newport RI, another special place for us. I assumed this is where he'd give me the ring - I'd given up hope by this point that we'd be "officially" engaged over the holidays - being busy with holiday activities I was preoccupied.

Before my sweetie leaves in the evening he likes to tuck me into bed - he always does this, that evening was no different. While I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth he tucked the ring box under my pillow. I picked up the pillow when I started to get into bed - and I got quite the surprise. There was the box! I'd like to say I was speechless, but I actually swore... I'd never imagine I'd swear. He laughed and proposed again. The holidays were extra joyful this year; it was wonderful to finally be officially engaged.
9.gif

I had a slow afternoon so I took these pics for you all. (I don't think I even white balanced, they look a little blue.) I'll take some better photos when I get my macro lens back from my brother.

Scintillating...

Scint-ering-collage-web.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the specs for the stone.
It's a 1.26 G VS2. My ring size is 4.5+
The shank with is 2.2mm - and the stones go 3/4 of the way around.
There are 3 stones set into the "bezel" on each side
It was designed with no gallery so that a wedding band will fit flush.

ScintTechData-Web.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yessy you have Scintillating!!!! First of all congrats on your engagement. Your ring is just gorgeous. That setting is stunning. More pics please!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
You certainly have been holding out on us, Scintillating!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The ring is just gorgeous, and that sounds like the lovliest, most romantic proposal EVER!!!!!
30.gif

My very very best wishes to you both!
widget

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!

I''ll get some more pictures up - those look quite distorted.
They make the setting look sloppy, which it isn''t. The bead setting is perfect!
It''s hard to even see the beads.

It''s funny, I never realized how BIG most of the stones are on Leon M''s website.
My stone and setting really put it into perspective - particularly the basket - it''s much smaller than his usual projects.

He''s typically against setting "smaller" stones with the double claw prongs, he says that it makes the stones look more square in certain lights. That''s true - and I love it, sometimes it looks like what I imagine a regent might look like, sometimes it looks slightly cushiony - most of the time round - I think that''s really cool.

Scintillating...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s so beautiful.
What a wonderful proposal.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute proposal, and a beautiful ring! I can see how the prongs would make the stone appear squarish - but I really like the look a lot!!!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Scintillating...

What a great proposal story and gorgeous ring!!!!

Congratulations, your DF sounds like a gem. Trust me, he''s the diamond that counts.

You must be grinning from ear to ear!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Aw, 2 proposals, so romantic! And that ring is gorgeous. We must have more pictures!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and the proposal story was so sweet!

You have held out on us a long time - shame on you!

Congrats and best wishes for a wonderful life together!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, another Leon to drool over. Your ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

What else to expect, really ... starting with the title of the thread
2.gif
Perfect match for the story. Congratulations for both !
10.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Scintillating I love both proposals!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Scintillating what romantic proposals!!! And what a lovely ring...may I just say that diamond looks HUGE on your finger!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are so lucky.....two proposals!!! Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is absolutely beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
We truly do need to see more pics.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT''S romantic! And sweet, and thoughtful, and touching!!!

And that ring is a stunner!!! So elegant on your hand. Enjoy your engagement, wedding, and the rest of your lives together!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Adorable proposal and amazing ring, DROOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Best wishes to you in this exciting passage of your lives together!

More pictures please!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! I love everything Leon does! Yours is no exception. What a beautiful creation.
How fun to get two proposals!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and BEAUTIFUL ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the proposal! How sweet.

More pics please! That ring is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is just breathtaking!!!

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I love that ring, and your man sounds so romantic. It is so sweet that falling snow reminds you of falling in love with him. I just love that!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring and what a wonderful story. CONGRATULATIONS to you both.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement
36.gif
Your ring is so gorgeous
30.gif

I can''t wait to see more picture

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is stunning! It''s always so nice to see a Leon setting. I would love to hear more about your experience with Leon...more-more-more!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
The flash makes the prongs A LOT more obvious than they are.

Scintillating...

Scint-Straight-Flash-Small-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results