shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire engagement ring

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire engagement ring. Congratulations.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful, congrats!!! Looks perfect on your lovely hand :love: :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep meaning to add some of these close-ups I've taken of my ring... here are a few for now:

img_1269.jpg

img_1272.jpg

The second ring in the shot, that my e-ring is resting on, is by Vintaglio Jewelry.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely, Distracts. I remember you having some concerns about posting it in CS from another thread some months ago. Glad to see your stunningly gorgeous sapphire ring.

And, Mariloff, WTC, wow, just wow.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how on earth did I miss this!?

The closeups are GORGEOUS!! That blue is just divine :love: :love: :love:

I like how it looks in your distance pics - I like that it's very three-dimensional on your finger :sun:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful closeup shots of a beautiful ring - i just love it!

psheath

Rough_Rock
Beautiful beautiful and I LOVE the setting. Any idea of who has similar ones?

Pennie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!! That picture with the ocean is amazing.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
:lickout: just lovely! I see what you mean about the half moons almost disappearing from straight on. From slightly off center view they enhance your sapphire beautifully. I like that it's different from the halo set stones. Those are very pretty, too but I think I like this setting even better. Wear it in health!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...so pretty!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figured I should post some of the ones from other threads just to keep them all in one place, and to show some of the different colors you can see in different lighting. I think I love my ring more now than on the day I got it.

ring_close.jpg

img_2081.png

img_2060.jpg

img_1474.jpg

img_1940_0.jpg

img_2022_2.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I am late to the game but your ring is fantastic! Half moons are my favorite for 3 stones! You know I went into a mall store to try and gauge what half moons look like in person and the clerk thought I made them up. She never even heard of them before!

You should make you avatar photo that ring box picture. I could never really see your ring this well in the current one. :naughty: :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: congrats on your engagement and for such a lovely e-ring!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring. That shot of your hand in the sun. The sapphire just looks aaaaaah.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
It IS the same color as the ocean! Hurrah! Gorgeous ring :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, these latest pics are just gorgeous!! That color just pops!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've become much better at photographing this little rock over the years... When I first got it, I could only get it at its darker moments rather than at the brighter ones, which was pretty frustrating.

This is it under a streetlight. The only lights around were streetlights. Granted, we were directly under one, but still!
img_2172.jpg

Whenever I try to photograph it in sunlight, I fail to get a picture of the brilliant blue I'm actually seeing. It's ELECTRIC, seriously. This is the closest I've ever come in actual sunlight to getting the color. It always just looks so dark in these pictures.
img_7559.jpg

Shaded by my body, this is the actual crazy blue I see in sunlight.
img_7666.jpg

Then just some more pretties...
img_2584.jpg

img_7550.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning distracts. I am glad you posted some additional pictures! Please keep them coming. The blue is mesmerizing. :love:
I love the ring standalone as well as the last set you posted. How do you usually wear it?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last set is how I usually wear it - 4mm engagement ring, 3mm plain band, 3mm pave band. I like to be covered knuckle to knuckle. :oops:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I know how hard it is to capture the beauty of the colour of a sapphire in a photo. The glimpse is worth it though! Your sapphire is the most gorgeous blue and I think the cushion shape in the diamond setting shows it off to perfection.

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
What a perfect shade of blue!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love the color of your sapphire Distracts! So glad you posted more pictures, I never saw your thread. Beautiful eye candy :love: :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just realized I'd never added to this thread the pictures I got trying to capture the weird velvety glow it has in the sun. It always looks darker in my pics though than it does irl - imagine the velvetiness of the first set of pictures but the color of the last picture. I need to hire Kenny to get a picture of this, I guess, since my photography skills aren't up to it. (But then, I also use an iPhone, so.)

ringglowsun.jpg

photo_6-1_.jpg

ringglowshade.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you revived this thread with some new pictures. I missed it the first time around, but I have noticed your ring in your avatar and thought it was exquisitely beautiful. It is a pleasure to see it in more detail. The sapphire has such rich color and the ring is just so elegant and lovely.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg so jealous it looks amazing!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
distracts|1318309717|3037545 said:
So this is my first post here and thus you guys don't know this, but the Pricescope forums were a HUGE help when my fiance and I were shopping for my engagement ring. I knew nothing about expensive jewelry going into this purchase, but lurking on PS for months gave me enough information to proceed.

I knew I wanted a sapphire center stone, and after having seen the icky sapphires on offer at the mall, I was ready to order online using some of the people who come highly recommended by people on this forum. My fiance was not into that because us picking my ring and stone out in person was very important to him. After going around and visiting just about every jeweler in the city, big and small, independent or chain, we ended up at Mariloff at the World Trade Center, which was the only place where the salespeople seemed to understand the phrase "sapphire center stone." I was initially going after fairly light and greyish sapphires, because I think those are gorgeous, but when they brought this one out I had to have it. I've contemplated getting it recut because there's some extinction (you'll see it in the pictures), but I don't know if that could be done without changing the surface size much. I've tried to include pictures with different lighting so you can see all the ways the color looks. Also, at the time I got it, I didn't pay attention to the prongs at all, but now (months and months later!), I wish I'd thought more about prongs early on so I could have had them made skinnier and not so chunky and bulbous. Overall, though, I am incredibly satisfied with it.

Anyway, on to what you care about:

Stats:
Cushion cut 2.06 ct sapphire, natural, untreated (I have LOTS more information on this from the GIA if I could only find where my fiance put it!)
Half moon sidestones, 1.57 ct total, G, VS2
0.72 ct total pave, G, VS2
Set in platinum 900
Ring size 4.5

Pictures!

eng0.jpg
This is the ring in its larval stage, the day we picked out the sapphire. The sample setting has a narrower band than the final setting.

eng1.jpg
The first picture I took of the completed ring! Indoors at night with fluorescent lighting and the flash.

eng2-2.jpg
Outdoor daytime lighting.

eng3.jpg
It pretty much matches the ocean.

eng4.jpg

eng5.jpg
Of all the settings we tried, the half-moons looked the best. A lot of times when viewing the ring straight on they kind of disappear, but this angle shows them off! The one thing about them is that they're not especially sparkly. The sapphire throws off a lot of electric blue, and the pave diamonds are constantly flashing different colors, but the half-moons don't do much of that. Is it that the half-moon cut in general doesn't lend itself to that? They look fiery under LED lighting, but that's about it.

eng6.jpg
Indoor, yellowy lighting.

eng7.jpg
Outdoors, late afternoon.

eng8.jpg
Outdoors, early evening.

eng9.jpg
Outdoors, early evening.

What an amazing ring!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS ring AND hands!!! May I suggest a NEW thread? I almost didn't "click" bc I thought it was an oldie! Would hate for anyone to miss these new shots - yummy!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results