shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Rose gold wedding band with flush-set EW baguette

cartoonsuperheroes

Rough_Rock
Lurker coming out to post.. our wedding rings are (or must be) almost ready! Our jeweler hasn't contacted us to come in yet but I saw a photo he posted on his social media. I don't want to pester him about them just yet because he knows we're not in a rush at all and might have some finishing touches but I'm so excited to see it!!! Apologies for the blurry pic, it's all he posted.

finished_rings_1.jpg

Some background: I didn't want an engagement ring, just a lovely and well-made wedding ring that would be unique and able to stand on its own yet somehow still very classic. I saw this east-west baguette/emerald design on PS and fell in love! Annoyingly I can't find the thread I saw any more but it's stuck in my mind.
The band is just over 2.5mm wide because that's the width of the stone. I can't remember the exact stone specs - it was one he happened to have on hand that was exactly the proportions I was after - but I think it was around F/G and VVS/eye clean VS1.

In particular I'm really excited about the rose gold. I know it's quite trendy right now but my parents happen to have rose gold rings so I've always been drawn to it as it looks good on our skin tone, and my parents' rings have seemed pretty classic to me for the 30 years they've had them! :D

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Simple, classic and beautiful :love: congratulations! Please be sure to post more pics when you finally get to wear it - I bet you can't wait :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful band!!!
In my view Rose gold has been a classic for a long time and will always be. Looking forward to see your handshots.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love the rose gold and the proportions are perfect.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love rose gold rings as well and yours are beautiful!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings congrats, hopefully you will post more pics when you get them!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The simplicity is stunning! Lovely choice. Please come back with hand shots.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding band is so elegant and classy - what a wonderful choice! I hope you will post a hand shot for us to see.

cartoonsuperheroes

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the compliments! Especially since at one point I was very much stuck between this design and a shared prong half-eternity - your comments have cemented that the design I went with definitely gives the kind of look I was going for. Hopefully will be able to come back with hand shots soon ;-)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. It really is quite unique & has a strong presence about it. :clap:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rings look good, congratulations, i cant wait to see more photos..

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring. The rose gold makes the diamond really pop and stand out, it's very special! Congratulations on your marriage!!

cartoonsuperheroes

Rough_Rock
Hand shots!!! :D

Sorry they're not the best quality, just shot on a phone excitedly in the shop and then the ring won't actually be in my possession for a month and a bit so these are the only hand shots I've got... anyway, without further ado!! Sorry about the sideways ones, I don't know why they uploaded like that!

Another shot from the jeweler:

greg_holland_jewellery_-_408.jpg

Hand:

img_1438_5.jpg

img_1437.jpg

img_1439_0.jpg

It's about 2.5mm wide at the top on a size 5ish finger. Overall it's a little thinner and daintier than I was expecting even though I knew what the measurements were going to be - I guess I didn't realise how small that was until I saw it in person. But I love it - not complaining! You can see in the last pic that it has good height/presence at the top but tapers away to be comfortable between the fingers, which I really like. I also love the rose gold alloy - perfect balance of pink/peach for me without resembling yellow gold too closely like some alloys can.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It looks absolutely perfect on you! I love it :love: Thank you for coming back to show us hand shots and all the best for the big day :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these handshots :love: :love: :love:
What a perfect ring. This design is modern and classic at the same time.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heart this very unique wedding ring!! It's classic and modern at the same time. It's just gorgeous. :love:

cartoonsuperheroes

Rough_Rock
More hand shots! :D We went in to add a brushed finish to FH's ring and I was able to spend a little more time with mine :) :)

Argh i don't know why the photos randomly come up sideways though..

photo_25-04-15_12_47_12_pm.jpg

photo_25-04-15_12_47_37_pm.jpg

photo_25-04-15_12_47_19_pm.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for coming back with hand shots. Your wedding band is absolutely exquisite on your lovely hand!!!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep having to come back to look at this is so beautiful and delicate enjoy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this band! I think it's so cool you didn't want an engagement ring and picked something so classic and simple and lovely! Congrats!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring! That is all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results