shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Rose cut solitaire-organic meets vintage!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Last year, I started seeing rose cuts on PS, Cathy Waterman and Singlestone, I fell in love....after much time on pinterest and time to gather ideas and buy stones (I bought two because I could not decide), my ring is complete. I must thank Poppyseed and Alb of Amcor because they truly perfected every detail, first through CAD and then each step of finishing/engraving. I decided not to do a closed back for a variety of reasons. The stone is approx. 9.8mm x 6.8mm and is 14k white gold. the stone isn't quite a warm as shown in the flower pic (but of course because of the nature of a rose cut, it is picking up color from the flower). Thanks for letting me share :)

psrosecut1.jpg

psrosecut3.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, that is so beautiful! I really love the setting you chose.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Organic, subtle, and beautiful.

This is clearly not enough photos! ;-)

Are you happy with the nonfoiling?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
thank you tyty

Niel-Yes, I am happy without the foil back because it was specifically the look I was going for, I just wanted to mention because I know it was a hot topic here recently. I cannot really picture how it would look with the foil, so I cannot say I wouldn't like that but I just love every detail on this little masterpiece. Plus, it is literally the most comfortable ring I have ever worn (feels like I don't have a ring on!)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Cathy Waterman-inspired look, too! Can we see some handshots to see how your rose cut looks in different lights?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much-yes, here are a couple of different views, including hand shots

rosesolitaire1.jpg

rosesolitaire2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring :love:
Your stone is amazing and I love the organic/vintage design of the shank. Such a unique piece...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a totally cool ring, I love it, congrats!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
This is truly one of the coolest rings I've seen created on PS :sun: What an amazing job your designer/setter did in capturing the Cathy Waterman essence! Love, love, love :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Art deco omg that is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I have had a similar love of rose cuts recently and a rose cut is high up on my list of wants at the moment. Do you mind me asking where you sourced your rose cut diamond from?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks friends!!

Well I have bought from several different vendors this year (I also did a rose cut partial eternity this summer) and some were good, some were NOT. I would recommend buying from Becab in NYC or Love Affair Diamonds/Jewels by Grace. It took some time to find exactly the size, shape and clarity that I wanted for a price I could afford.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, and I love that you went for the unexpected choice.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is SO beautiful! I love it! Can we get a handshot from further away for perspective? I have always loved Cathy Waterman's designs, and your inspired design is just lovely!

I have a question because I can't really tell from your photos, but is it set so that the flat side faces up?

Vampira

Rough_Rock
This looks like something straight out of Rivendell or Lothlórien! Truly beautiful piece. =)

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone!

freke child- no that is the top of the stone, maybe bc of the way its set in the basket, it is hard to tell?

Vampira-OOH LOVE the Tolkien reference!!!

Ok, here is as far away as I can get taking a pic myself-(it is a right hand ring, so I had to switch it to my left for this lol)

handshotrosecut.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
artdecolover71|1412623601|3763082 said:
freke child- no that is the top of the stone, maybe bc of the way its set in the basket, it is hard to tell?
I think it was just the angle the pictures were taken at. It's so beautiful! Thank you for the perspective shot! I really love this ring, it's just stunning!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. It's incredible! I love love love that close up hand shot!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Vampira|1412618769|3763036 said:
This looks like something straight out of Rivendell or Lothlórien! Truly beautiful piece. =)

Agree! Stunning. Great photos, it is an exquisite ring, looks truly beautiful on you. Congrats, wear in good health!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ACK! I'm a HUGE rose cut fan and I think its exquisite! I see the Cathy Waterman inspiration and it does your lovely rose cut justice!

From a fellow RC lover - you done good, girl! :appl: :appl:

Wear in much love and happiness!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you my sweet Ps'ers!

...and Grace! I am honored to receive your compliment :love: I have eyed your website (s) daily for quite some time now!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
artdecolover71|1412706138|3763743 said:
Thank you my sweet Ps'ers!

...and Grace! I am honored to receive your compliment :love: I have eyed your website (s) daily for quite some time now!

Ah aim to please, madam!

Back to the topic - I do adore your ring, ALOT. Congrats again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results