shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Ring upgade - Custom Verragio with heart diamond

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm not shy about saying that I think hearts on jewelry are usually tacky. But somehow... this all comes together and looks amazing, which is something I'm very surprised to admit. I guess I just had a failure of imagination to think hearts could never look good on a ring. The bezel is perfect, the hearts in the shank are perfect, the whole thing is just awesome. Wear it in health & happiness!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I just love a heart shape in a bezel! And the rose gold - wow! It's lovely.

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the compliments, everyone!

Distracts - I totally understand, hearts are controversial and I get why they aren't the norm. It's something I always wanted, but I knew the setting had to be *perfect* or it could have been a mess. As you know, a lot of heart shaped diamonds are really bad - I had very specific things in mind for my ideal heart. And if you could see the cut in person - ugh, it's amazing. No bowtie effect, no weird "needly" area - the facets are actually pretty chunky, and they reflect broad rainbow flashes. My husband actually chose the stone, but we had shopped together beforehand so he knew what to look for and what to avoid. And I'm sure Whiteflash helped him a lot too, lol. As for the ring, it does come together perfectly in my opinion. I can't imagine having set the stone in prongs.

motownmama I'm not sure about the band. I'm torn between a traditional plain metal or an Etoile-style band with pink and white diamonds. I'll have to think about it...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a romantic looking ring! Beautiful!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How unbelievably adorable! What a pretty stone! I was just sitting in a gem dealer's office with a friend the other day and he sells collector grade gems, some occasionally cut into hearts and I just thought....... "I *know* I'm going to end up with one of these eventually". They're so pretty and romantic and a heart diamond? So perfect!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very lovely ring! Love the bezel with that shape stone too!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
That's a dream ring of mine, basically. I LOVE IT!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for etoile style band

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
So unique and beautiful! Its so nice to see a heart shape around here, and such a pretty one too!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I really love that setting in RG! The details are perfect. Very nice job!! Wear it in good health!

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1365356576|3422037 said:
I vote for etoile style band

I really like that idea, too. I'm also contemplating having Verragio do a matching band, but I'm usually not that matchy-matchy.

I'm very torn between bling and plain metal, though. :/

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
And a not so flattering hand shot ;-)

_27158.jpg

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
The band and ring looks great together.

EC4me

Rough_Rock
That is such a unique and beautiful ring! And what a very thoughtful husband! Congratulations!

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous set!! :love: :love: I really love your heart diamond solitaire and the band looks fantastic with it as well. Truly perfection IMO! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
love the set together.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
That's stunning! I love heart shape stones!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! It's an amazing heart, and an amazing ring! The shape is just perfect and Verragio too!

Let's see more pics!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I love the diamond size proportions on the band stacked next to your main ring. What a romantic and beautiful set.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Knocked it out of the park! Perfection, I. love. this. Every detail is spot on and it looks fabulous on you!!! Wear it in good health, congratulations!

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone! I'm especially happy with the comment about the proportions, as I wanted the biggest stones I could get away with in the wedding band. At first I thought it was out of proportion and I considered downsizing to 3mm, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, lol. I ended up falling in love with the way the two rings look together. I wanted a simpler e-ring with a "blingy" band; I think the band makes the ering pop!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Totally agree!

jezebelle said:
Thanks to everyone! I'm especially happy with the comment about the proportions, as I wanted the biggest stones I could get away with in the wedding band. At first I thought it was out of proportion and I considered downsizing to 3mm, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, lol. I ended up falling in love with the way the two rings look together. I wanted a simpler e-ring with a "blingy" band; I think the band makes the ering pop!

The ering really does pop! :love:

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
sparklysoprano - :) :)

And a few more pics...

_27383.jpg

_27384.jpg

_27385.jpg

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
I adore your set. It is unique and gorgeous.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set! I wasn't on PS when this thread first came out, so thank you for making it a TBT and bringing it to our attention!

I know hearts aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I particularly love them and it so fun seeing them on PS. Beautiful setting, lovely band too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results