shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Ring has ARRIVED!! from EternityByYoni

MT7799

Rough_Rock
After about 2 or so months, my custom men's ring has arrived from Yoni at Eternity by Yoni ! For those of you who hasn't seen any of my previous threads here's a quick recap:

I found a old vintage Russian ring from the early 1900's that I fell in love with. - I also admire the older vintage cuts and was able to pick up a .27 AVR from GOG (E - VS2)

mens_ring_3_0.jpg

I tweaked the design I found to fit the facts and circumstances I was working with aka 1 stone vs. 3... (my other threads have pictures of the wax carving)

customring_2.jpg

The design process ended up shifting from CAD to wax carving to get the more intricate details down. For the ring details I went with a comfort fit interior, 18 unplated WG which gave an awesome warm feel (the fiance wanted me to match her band somewhat so I got the compromise of unplated WG vs. normal WG), and I went polished versus that matte look in the original design since she also wanted it to be more modern. Here are the boatload of semi-decent iphone pics I snapped after opening the box!!!

finring2.jpg
finring.jpg
finring3.jpg
img_0155_1.jpg
img_0153_0.jpg
img_0154_0.jpg
img_0157_0.jpg
img_0142.jpg
img_0146_0.jpg
img_0147_0.jpg
img_0149_0.jpg

I know in some pictures the octogon bezel doesnt look square / even, however it really is just due to the angles and shadows of the picture... in person it is even.

In the end I couldnt have been happier with how it came out and Yoni's ability to take my vision and a vintage ring I found online and turn it into reality!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super neat, I've only bought loose diamonds from Yoni, haven't had the pleasure to work with him on mountings. It looks fantastic! He's captured that modern flair like that Octagonal bezel with keeping the antique design. Works really well. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect! It also looks truly vintage and very 'now' at the same time.

MT7799

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! - Yoni and the carver def. were able to keep the vintage look with the tweaks I did to the design such as adding the octagon bezel, changing the stone configuration, color, etc.

I have another engagement shoot coming up this fall (part of our wedding package). I did a photoshoot proposal so we got some nice pics of her engagement ring. Hopefully I can convince the fiancee to bring our wedding bands along this time so I can get some good shots of mine! :Up_to_something: :tongue:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! It is beautifully made and carved. Love it!

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
YES! I really dig the inspiration ring, and your interpretation of it is so wearable - classy and masculine without being showy. I've been wanting to do some knock-offs of pieces I drool over on the Romanov Russia site. I'm a male as well and it's so *hard* to find a gemstone ring that isn't effeminate or gaudy. This inspires me to get going!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece!

cheers--Sharon

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very cool ring! I love the details, and that AVR really pops!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
He did a good job on that, he made mine also so I am partial!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love it on you. A gorgeous solid piece of art and looks amazing on your hand! :love: Great detail. Very handsome. :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well done with this ring... The detail is awesome. More guys wearing bling. Love it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on becoming Jewel of the Week!!!! Very well deserved :wavey: :appl: :appl:

MT7799

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the comments :bigsmile: !!!! Im so happy how the ring came out, it exactly what I was looking for. I also didnt know I made jewel of the week until now haha :tongue: . Im already plotting out what I want next (but that'll have to be put on hold with all these crazy wedding costs right now).

And ephsea, totally go for it! Romanov has tons of pieces for men that let us guys get some good use of diamonds and gems without looking too effeminate or gaudy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results