shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW **REVEAL** Single Stone Reset **LOTS OF PICS**

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! My Single Stone reset featuring my RB --> OEC recut is finally done! For those who haven't read my story, check out my previous thread discussing the recut process: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rb-to-oec-recut-before-and-after-pics.177547/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rb-to-oec-recut-before-and-after-pics.177547/[/URL]

I want to start out by saying that Single Stone is absolutely amazing. Everyone there has been extremely kind, helpful and patient throughout the entire process, and I would strongly encourage everyone to visit their showroom if you have the opportunity - you will be blown away by all of their amazing pieces!

Now, onto the ring! Overall, it turned out really nicely...but a bit different than I anticipated. More about that after the pics... ;-)

img_6603.jpg

img_6762_2.jpg

img_6899_2.jpg

img_6923.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZERS!! It's beautiful! I love the setting. It is so regal looking and the diamond melee on the top and bottom gives it so much grace and elegance. Its amazing, nothing like getting that sparkle from all sides and angles. Oh, and that diamond is TDF!!! Congratulations it's a masterpiece :D

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
So as you can see, the final product is beautiful...but as I mentioned earlier, it looks different than I anticipated. I am absolutely in love with the gallery design, but the face of the ring looks quite different than the sample ring that I tried on and fell in love with in the showroom. Apparently they scaled down the platinum "halo" to be more proportional to the size of my stone (2.4ct vs. the 2.86ct sample), which makes sense, but now my "halo" is so thin that you really don't see much of the design. Here is the sample ring for reference:

I was originally set on a diamond HW-style halo, but that plan changed when I tried on the sample at Single Stone. I loved how I could still change the overall shape to look like a cushion, and still get excellent finger coverage like I would with a diamond halo. I was also just really in love with the design engraved on the halo, and I thought it was beautiful and unique. When I picked up the ring, I was quite surprised to see how thin the halo was, and you really can't see much design at all. Even when I zoom in super close, I can see that they didn't even have room to engrave the design in the same way as the sample.

So long story short, I have been trying to get used to the ring the way it is, but I keep wondering if maybe I should have stuck to the style that I wanted originally. It's not that there is anything wrong with this ring, but I think I am just really thrown off by the look being different than I expected. Ari is on vacation until the beginning of next month, so I plan to talk to him about my options when he gets back...

Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Am I being too critical? I think I just had a specific picture in my mind, and the reality took me by surprise...

samplering.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

twosanguinehearts|1345956269|3257224 said:
So as you can see, the final product is beautiful...but as I mentioned earlier, it looks different than I anticipated. I am absolutely in love with the gallery design, but the face of the ring looks quite different than the sample ring that I tried on and fell in love with in the showroom. Apparently they scaled down the platinum "halo" to be more proportional to the size of my stone (2.4ct vs. the 2.86ct sample), which makes sense, but now my "halo" is so thin that you really don't see much of the design. Here is the sample ring for reference:

I was originally set on a diamond HW-style halo, but that plan changed when I tried on the sample at Single Stone. I loved how I could still change the overall shape to look like a cushion, and still get excellent finger coverage like I would with a diamond halo. I was also just really in love with the design engraved on the halo, and I thought it was beautiful and unique. When I picked up the ring, I was quite surprised to see how thin the halo was, and you really can't see much design at all. Even when I zoom in super close, I can see that they didn't even have room to engrave the design in the same way as the sample.

So long story short, I have been trying to get used to the ring the way it is, but I keep wondering if maybe I should have stuck to the style that I wanted originally. It's not that there is anything wrong with this ring, but I think I am just really thrown off by the look being different than I expected. Ari is on vacation until the beginning of next month, so I plan to talk to him about my options when he gets back...

Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Am I being too critical? I think I just had a specific picture in my mind, and the reality took me by surprise...
First, I would like to say no matter what, your ring is beautiful!!! But, I do see what you mean about the details of their stock setting. I can really see the halo details. It is a BEAUTIFUL ring! I would contact Ari after and tell him about your concern. With my personality, it would bother me forever. It seems like the halo details was the reason why you loved the sample but you say you can't really see it on your's and that makes me sad.

ETA: I forgot to say how AWESOME your diamond recut looks!!!!!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I completely forgot to talk about the stone!! I am THRILLED with the recut and so thankful that Ari suggested it. It's like an entirely new diamond, and I am SO in love with the results!!! :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FIrst, your ring is absolutely beautiful. I love the gallery - and the fact that you could as easily stare at that all day as you could the stone. But I also see what you mean about the top view detail you were hoping for that got scaled down so much - I hope that will be worked out for you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yay! :appl: I've been wondering when we'd see this gorgeous recut diamond again, so I'm very glad you came back to show us the finished product, TSH!!!

Its STUNNING!!! Oh my!!! I love the gallery with the fretwork and the pave - GORGEOUS!! it is so beautiful and you did get the cushion look that you were hoping for - its a beauty - I'm sure you'll be 'jewel of the week'!! :D

As for the halo detail, yes, I agree it is not as large or as detailed as the sample ring that you fell in love with. However... it is not unnoticeable. I can see the detail and it does seem in perfect proportion to the size of your diamond, so I can understand why they may have made that decision, but like you, it would bug me that it is not what I thought I was getting. If Ari were to redo it, that would mean remaking the whole head and then being away from this gorgeous ring for a bit longer. THAT may be worse!!! Being without it again!

It could be good he's off on vacation now for a bit - it means you have to wear it and it could turn out you decide you just love this look even more! Keep us posted!!

(but it is so stunning and that MRB -> OEC was just genius!!! :love: :love: :love: )

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! Your ring is absolutely stunning! I love the non diamond halo! I may need to do something like this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
twosanguinehearts|1345956269|3257224 said:

I think this is the conception of most disappointment. We visualize in our minds what we think something will look like and then have to try to readjust when the reality hits. In this case though I think they have made the right choice. The halo is meant to enhance rather than be the star of the show. Just remember that it's supposed to be about the stone and not about the halo - if that makes sense to you.

What I see is a beautiful, large stone that takes center stage - just as it should be. Try to enjoy your ring without thinking that it's not the way it's supposed to look but rather look at it for the beauty that it is. I think it takes a couple of days to adjust your mind to the different look but in the end, I think you'll love it. From my perspective without any preconceived notions, it is just gorgeous - one of those rags to riches stories that will become a PS legend! I am sincere in my comments and not just trying to make you feel OK about it. I think it's stunning and I hope you come to love as it all others will here I'm sure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love your new ring! :love: :love: :love:
It is breathtaking- perfect in every way (IMO). I hope you fall in love with it too even if you need to tweak it a bit (though it is amazing right this minute)...enjoy your ring in health and happiness!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I love it - the stone and the ring!

I know it is hard when you expect something and it turns out not that way. (We've run into similar experiences with car paint and our deck reconstruction recently.) If you'd never seen the sample at all would you love this for what it is though?

I can't really see the detail of your ring's halo in the pics, but the outline of it looks lovely! And that stone is tdf! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVE your ring!!!! It's incredible. Honestly, one of my all time favorites. Wow!!!

How fortuitous that you have a month to live with it before Ari is back. If it were my ring, I think I would probably want to see what options there were for increasing the size of the surround a bit. The original is extraordinarily beautiful. But then again so is yours!!! Can't go wrong!

What a beauty - stone and setting. Congratulations!!!

:appl: :love:

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is amazing! It's definitely one of the most gorgeous settings I have ever seen. And I have never seen anything like it. I love it the way it is, but you should most definitely make sure you can be completely happy.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rosebloom|1345985025|3257268 said:
Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVE your ring!!!! It's incredible. Honestly, one of my all time favorites. Wow!!!

How fortuitous that you have a month to live with it before Ari is back. If it were my ring, I think I would probably want to see what options there were for increasing the size of the surround a bit. The original is extraordinarily beautiful. But then again so is yours!!! Can't go wrong!

What a beauty - stone and setting. Congratulations!!!

:appl: :love:

I agree with Rosebloom. Live with it til Ari returns and see how you feel about it then. I love the ring, but I do see what you're talking about. The stone is absolutely TDF! I also love the band with it! Did you get that from Singlestone too?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and a beautiful setting. I love how it makes a round stone look like a cushion shape.

I recently selected a frame for an original art print. It is kind of the same thing as selecting a setting for your diamond. You want something that enhances and goes with the art, but is not the star of the show itself. And, there were a lot of frames where that would be the first thing you notice about the finished work. I can see how that sample ring had an equisite frame. However, your ring is just perfect. The stone is what you notice first and not the setting. I think they made a good choice, and the setting that you now have is just perfectly in proportion for your stone. If they increased the size of the setting, it would end up being about the setting.

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
I think the ring looks beautiful as is, however, you have to be happy with it. Beautiful re-cut (just read that thread) and I think it's incredible how they were able to that.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is simply perfect just as it is. Your diamond looks great and I actually thinkg your setting is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen on PS!

I think you should trust the design estetic of the masters who made your ring. I don't think a larger scale "halo" would look nice with your diamond. Wear it a while, though, and see how you feel. Let your mind start seeing your ring as it IS, not as you hoped it to be. If you cannot get used to it and love it, then talk to Ari and see what can be done. They may be able to remake it for you the way you want. But give it a while before you go down that path! You may not like the remake as much as this version with *your* stone.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!!!! And the diamond recut is spectacular. :love: :love: :love:
I do see the difference in both rings, but yours is more beautiful because it looks delicate and allows your stone to really pop. The original setting seems chunkier. If you really have doubts though, get it made exactly how you'd prefer.....I love it though.... :love: :love: :love:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is stunning!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL!! BRAVISSIMO!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I loveeeee this type of setting! I saw the original one of this at SS's showroom when I met Ari, and there's one similar at SNQ. I think it's GORGEOUS!!!

I can't wait til Skippy sees and comments! She really likes this style too!

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Your setting is beautiful and the diamond is absolutely stunning! I'm still amazed that they can recut a rb to an OEC like that. I'm sorry that you're not quite happy with the adjustments they made with the setting design, but live with it and think about it for awhile before making any changes...I think it looks fantastic as is!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love: Can you take a macro shot of the setting face up just like the sample ring? It is hard for me to tell anything from the pictures on the thread.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks fantastic bot the stone and the setting!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
While you have to be happy with it, I think it looks better than the sample!!! I think this is friggin magnificent!

akroller

Rough_Rock
I rarely post on here (more of a lurker) but I do not think your setting looks like the one you chose. As all of us know, the halo width and design..(think of all the threads dedicated to size of melee) is crucially important to the overall aesthetic of the ring. While your outcome is very beautiful, it does not look like what you rightfully expected it to look like. If you PREFER it this way, then that is great-but if you really think the 'sample' is your ideal, then I think you should have it and don't take no for an answer!

Alliesq.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results