shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my 3.21ct AVR CvB awesome experience!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
I love my AVR. It was an anniversary present from my wonderful husband. I set her in a sleek Vatché thinking I won't mess with the beauty of the stone. Here is my diamond: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10225/
On PS: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-21ct-avr-in-vatche.197720/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-21ct-avr-in-vatche.197720/[/URL]

For the longest time I was obsessed with Asscher Girl's Sébastien Barier ring! Last year, I had called on the expertise of Steven Kirsch to make me a similar setting fit for an AVC. The ring was magnificent! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-august-vintage-cushion-and-steven-kirsch-anniversary-ring.195514/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-august-vintage-cushion-and-steven-kirsch-anniversary-ring.195514/[/URL]

I had the AVC for a couple of months then had an opportunity to upgrade to a larger stone. I fell in love with a K color pinkish brown AVR, traded in the AVC for it, and sold the setting through GOG... Seller's remorse, big time! But I'm sure it went to a person with excellent taste in jewelry. :D I've been wearing my AVR solitaire every day, usually solo, because truth be told I still can't bear to wear a band next to it (don't want to scratch it)
However the itch for a more elaborate setting... So back on the settings search I went... And I kept coming back to Monsieur Barier's design, or as we know it Asscher Girl's ring.

Now enters Caysie van Bebber. I found her through PS and for that I am so grateful to PS! We had been in talks about a potential project. I knew from the moment or the first few emails that Caysie is incredibly talented (you can just tell, it's a gut thing) with the highest of standards, that working with her will be fun, and that she is so very hardworking! It's all true!
It is no surprise to me that she has won an AGTA Spectrum Award and her win is among the best in the industry.

For those who haven't worked with Caysie yet, let me tell you, working with her is so much fun! I appreciate that she tries to understand the individual behind the project. She is like your friend who wants the best outcome for you.

Caysie has some serious skills with not only hand-sketching, but the matrix and renders... Outta this world!

For the gallery I wanted something unique to me. I definitely wanted violin sound holes there and we tweaked the position, shape, and placement until it was just right, or at least pleasing to our eyes. We traded some ideas throughout, and she suggested a cutout to mimic violin strings front and center pavilion in full view, I love it!!! I requested the halo be more square than octagon, Halo angled as an extension of my diamond's crown, fluid and sleek! I am looking forward to wearing this beauty!!

_21305.jpg

_21306.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be one stunning ring! :appl: I love how you customized it to symbolize your musical background! So when will it be ready?!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous design :love:
I hope it's ready quite soon so you can give us real life eye candy :naughty:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am such a fan of CvB's work! Your ring looks spectacular, can't wait to see hand shots! Btw, I totally get your obsession with AsscherGirl's S. Barier ring - it is a piece of art (just like your ring will be).

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I can't wait to see it, it's going to be amazeballs!!!!

-Bella-

Rough_Rock
I am beginning to really love all of Caysie's work and this looks like a beauty!!! Cannot wait to see what it turns out like!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh it's going to be gorgeous! :love: Very excited for you. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ELYSIAN!!!!!! :o You are giving me a heart attack! Just when I think the solitaire with the french cut band is perfect, you go 180 degrees back to a very elaborate setting! I cannot wait to see it! In fact, you are torturing us by posting just the CADs! Caysie certainly is wonderful!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, I love it. I'm obsessed with AVRs and Monsieur B. myself. This is going to be beautiful, CVB does incredible works of art. I seem to love everything she makes.

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Oh, wow! That gallery design is fantastic! :love: :love:

I'm looking forward to following the progress on this beauty! :appl:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing my excitement, mom2boys, Acinom, kama_s, arkieb1, -Bella-, missy, diamondseeker2006, apache rose, Firemonkey, Calliecake!

ETA is about 4.5 weeks now out of 6. I am so excited about it! :dance:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the ring finished!

Caysie is fantastic - I always say she is just like one of us!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that's gonna be amazing!!! :love: :love: :love: Can't wait to see it IRL!! :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad I checked in in time to wait for this one Elysian!! :appl: :appl: Can't wait!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I keeeeep checking in on this... I bet if I am impatient you must be crazy, haha. It is going to be so awesome.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still on schedule Elysian? You know you are not the only one excited about your ring!!! I can't wait to see this ring on your finger!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies!!

There is a slight delay... Caysie told me that the pears for the side bezels will be cut in a week or so! Eep, I am biting my nails waiting for my ring to be complete! C has been keeping me updated throughout which I think is really great!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1410901138|3752089 said:
Hey ladies!!

There is a slight delay... Caysie told me that the pears for the side bezels will be cut in a week or so! Eep, I am biting my nails waiting for my ring to be complete! C has been keeping me updated throughout which I think is really great!

Aiii... Happy waiting Elysian. A littlle patience will lead to a fab ring :dance:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1410901960|3752096 said:
Elysian|1410901138|3752089 said:
Hey ladies!!

Aiii... Happy waiting Elysian. A littlle patience will lead to a fab ring :dance:

Thanks, darling :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any updates? I was thinking about working with her, but it seems like there has been a serious delay with this project?
I am looking forward to this piece as I too, hold a special place in my heart for violins.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DS and ROL - Caysie told me early next week is when the ring would be ready. I'm trying to stay positive...man, am I DYING to see this ring!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait! The gallery is out of this world on the CAD!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
ROL- I wouldn't hesitate to work with her at all!! She is more communicative than any other jewler I have ever worked with. Honestly, I can't speak for this OP, but there is usually a longer lag due to the client making changes rather than her bench... it's a pretty typical lead time 5-6 weeks for most projects- once the design is finalized. She is lovely and super patient. When chatting with her, you feel like you are talking with a friend rather than just a jeweler. She is working on a few different projects, while I define what I want to do with my reset, which she will be working on as well... you do have to be a little more patient, however, as she is the artisan and only has her bench... unlike some of the bigger houses, so if you want a 2-3 week turn around she may not be the one for you, but, IMO, she is so worth the wait...

I too, am looking forward to this beauty!!! It's stunning just in CAD form!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing this ring...it's a beautiful design!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858 - Nope, I made no changes since the CAD posted here.

Thanks, tyty, I look forward to it too!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858|1414672806|3774913 said:
ROL- I wouldn't hesitate to work with her at all!! She is more communicative than any other jewler I have ever worked with. Honestly, I can't speak for this OP, but there is usually a longer lag due to the client making changes rather than her bench... it's a pretty typical lead time 5-6 weeks for most projects- once the design is finalized. She is lovely and super patient. When chatting with her, you feel like you are talking with a friend rather than just a jeweler. She is working on a few different projects, while I define what I want to do with my reset, which she will be working on as well... you do have to be a little more patient, however, as she is the artisan and only has her bench... unlike some of the bigger houses, so if you want a 2-3 week turn around she may not be the one for you, but, IMO, she is so worth the wait...

I too, am looking forward to this beauty!!! It's stunning just in CAD form!!!

Truluv: I am well versed in lead times as I've had 4 separate custom enagement ring projects in addition to other jewelry projects. In my experience, a CAD/CAST design should not be any longer than a 4-6 week lead time. I've had a custom handforged engagement ring from Single Stone that took 8 weeks to complete from when I finalized the design during the Holiday rush time. I am not expecting a 2-3 week turn around time-- as I can wait for excellent work and I've paid through the nose for excellent work, but not nearly 12 weeks for a CAD/CAST project.

Elysian: sorry if I had a mini threadjack! I really look forward to seeing this gorgeous peice :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results