shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset My 2.28ct into WF''s Tiffany Repro

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
With 2.08 ct. square cut platinum band:

matiff17.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
It''s wonderful - it''s marvelous!!!!
30.gif

I like it with the shared prong, followed by the channel set.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
#2 with square cut eternity band:

matiff18.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
With 1.05 ct. band:

matiff19.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
#2 with baguette band:

matiff20.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would like it best with the Legacy (before it arrived), but after seeing it in person, I think I like it best with the plain Lucida or the square cuts. BUT, when I saw the photos, I thought it looked pretty nice with the shared prong band. lol Nice to have options though.

I don''t think the pictures really capture it. It seems like my diamond is much happier and showing off. Ok, I know that is silly, but it really seems more beautiful to me now. It is not being overshadowed by a band with too much going on.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love, love, love it! It looks huge, do you have tiny hands? I love it best with the plain Lucida band actually, then with the shared prong. Yummy!
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif

K9

Brilliant_Rock
MaryAlaina - it''s lovely! I really love how flexible it is in this setting compared to your other. You already have so many bands to wear it with. FAB!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh, i really think all the bands are beautiful. that''s one thing so great about a classic solitaire, you can wear whichever one you''re in the mood to wear. I love the shared prong band the best but that''s only b/c I love that combo.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thats what I am talking a''bout!!!!

WoW Woman! That is one beautiful ring! Thanks for the profile shots. We need to give a SHOUT OUT TO ELAINEH...without her all this yumminess wouldn''t have been possible.
emotion-19.gif

Remember Fantasy Island..."Boss...DA PLAAIN !!! DA PLAAIN !!!...."
with you it is "DA BAND!!! DA BAND!!! WHICH BAND????"

You have single handedly answered every womans'' questions on what type of band will look the best with this solitaire. You are a great asset to this board! It would have taken alot of arrangement to get that much variety in individual sets!! Good job! And I think your husband is great-you have quite the loot bag.

On the other hand...this is your fair warning. Your jewerly box is done! That is it. No fair. You tuck them away and then one day you hit us with all your artillery. One band is normal...two is a nice luxury...three is extravagant...Look lady...That''s the law...I didn''t make the law...I just honor the law. In your career choice, it is better that you do as well. I have seen many of your other rings...geeze...but now all these bands-? Illegal.

I don''t want to play with
face11.gif
you anymore. You don''t play fair.

DKS

...won''t you please send us more photos...and before we do quit playing could you tell me the mm of your stone...and what is your ring size? Forgive me if you have already answered. I was as a deer in headlights over the photo show.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The ring looks fantastic on your hand and while all of the bands are lovely I prefer the look of the shared prong. The combination is gorgeous!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 7:12:41 PM
Author: angeline
Wow, love, love, love it! It looks huge, do you have tiny hands? I love it best with the plain Lucida band actually, then with the shared prong. Yummy!
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif

No, the ring is a size 6.5, which while probably average is big by PS standards.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 7:58:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo
gosh, i really think all the bands are beautiful. that''s one thing so great about a classic solitaire, you can wear whichever one you''re in the mood to wear.

I''ve collected different bands over the years because I love to mix and match so much, so I think it is about time that I had a nice, classic solitaire like this to go with all of them. I probably will end up matching it up with all of these at different times, as I do choose my jewelry by my mood, activities and clothing.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 8:28:33 PM
Author: door knob solitaire

WoW Woman! That is one beautiful ring! Thanks for the profile shots. We need to give a SHOUT OUT TO ELAINEH...without her all this yumminess wouldn''t have been possible.
emotion-19.gif

You have single handedly answered every womans'' questions on what type of band will look the best with this solitaire. You are a great asset to this board! It would have taken alot of arrangement to get that much variety in individual sets!! Good job! And I think your husband is great-you have quite the loot bag.

On the other hand...this is your fair warning. Your jewerly box is done! That is it. No fair. You tuck them away and then one day you hit us with all your artillery. One band is normal...two is a nice luxury...three is extravagant...Look lady...That''s the law...I didn''t make the law...I just honor the law. In your career choice, it is better that you do as well. I have seen many of your other rings...geeze...but now all these bands-? Illegal.

face11.gif

DKS

...won''t you please send us more photos...and before we do quit playing could you tell me the mm of your stone...and what is your ring size? Forgive me if you have already answered. I was as a deer in headlights over the photo show.

YES! I agree.....my big thanks go out to ElaineH for modifying this ring. It is perfect and I am so happy with her revisions.

In addition to just asking for opinions on the different bands, I was hoping that having all the comparison shots in one thread would be helpful to others in the future too, since it is often hard to really see at one time how the different options look.

I must admit something though. I''m now wanting the Tiffany platinum knife edge band to go with it (it is the same price as WF''s, so I figured I''d rather just get the Tiffany), AND I wouldn''t mind also having the Tiffany platinum etoile band (I have it in 18k YG already). I may have to arrange a trip to compare and see how those look.

Oh, and my ring size is 6.5, and the stone is 8.6mm (if I remember right). What other pictures do you want? Anything specific?

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 8:28:33 PM

emotion-19.gif

Remember Fantasy Island...''Boss...DA PLAAIN !!! DA PLAAIN !!!....''

with you it is ''DA BAND!!! DA BAND!!! WHICH BAND????''

face11.gif

DKS

DKS: You are a scream!!! Love your sense on humor!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I love ALL of your options, but.... if you just had ONE more, you''d have enough to wear a different one each day of the week!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Loving all of the options currently in your posession -- would vote for the Tiffany knife edge if you owned it -- think my favorite is the shared prong band.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 10:00:00 PM
Author: Rock Candy
I love ALL of your options, but.... if you just had ONE more, you''d have enough to wear a different one each day of the week!

That sounds like a good enough reason to me. I think I need one more....
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yes...thankyou...I would like to see the more profile. If possible, not at an angle. You know, "squared up front and center?" (that is the position my husband must be in to watch a sporting event. Heaven help you if you should interfere or cross the viewing plain.)

I have interest in the little gap under the w prong. The little space above the donut...You see I have studied this style for so long...I have these little names for every detail. I just haven''t gotten satisfied with a photo, as of yet. The angle of the swoopy scoop that touches the pavilion seems to shine like mad...but it is hard to interpret where the diamond ends and the metal begins-or at what angle.

My stone is spready...and I am concerned about these points. My stone is a tad smaller than yours...and like I said spready so it won''t look as great as yours does. But using yours as an example does help ENORMOUSLY.

I think you may be willing...and I would be grateful.
1.gif
when you get time.

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Rock Candy... to hear you giggled made me smile!
1.gif
glad to have been of service!

Oh, I love your name...it is so appropriate for this forum. This non sugar eater is having flashbacks...and now a craving for ROCK CANDY. Hmmm, I wonder who is to blame if I fall off the wagon?

DKS

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
it looks great and i prefer the shared prong band but they are all nice. enjoy your new pretty!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it with the shared prong! You are lucky to have so many beautiful options!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 10:56:04 PM
Yes...thankyou...I would like to see the more profile. If possible, not at an angle. You know, ''squared up front and center?''I have interest in the little gap under the w prong. The little space above the donut...You see I have studied this style for so long...I have these little names for every detail. I just haven''t gotten satisfied with a photo, as of yet. The angle of the swoopy scoop that touches the pavilion seems to shine like mad...but it is hard to interpret where the diamond ends and the metal begins-or at what angle.
I took a few profile pictures, but they didn''t seem to turn out very well. I''ll post the best ones....

matiff21.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Profile #2

matiff22.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Profile #3

matiff23.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
While I was at it, some flower pix....

matiff24.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers #2

matiff25.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers #3

matiff26.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers #4

matiff27.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers #5

matiff28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results