shape
carat
color
clarity

princess w/ princess channel set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ayng

Rough_Rock
1.04 princess cut
F color/VS1/EX/G/1.02 LW/no flouresence/no culet/depth=75/table=77

0.41 tcw princess cut (x8)
D-E-F/VS1-SI1

3.8mm channel set 19K band with platinum basket claw head

opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

144939765_fc268cd306_b.jpg

144938866_5a29be8c58_b.jpg

144938867_8413dfa757_b.jpg

144938863_1d89527e96_b.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a beauty--Lots of fire! What sort of w-band are you thinking? Looks like it will definitely sit flush!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
OPINION: I love it

SUGGESTION: Give it to me
31.gif
31.gif

I am obviously partial to this look.

I vote for the matching w-band

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 9:58:29 PM
Author: Sophie
OPINION: I love it

SUGGESTION: Give it to me
31.gif
31.gif
Haha, good one!!!!
31.gif

And ayng, it is gorgeous!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely congrats..

ayng

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone for the comments. i was looking for everyone's expertise when i posted this ring because my initial choice of the band was for it to be slimmer. it is currently 3.8mm and i was hoping for around 3.0mm. but the goldsmith i was dealing with said the shoulder diamonds needed to have an edge to channel for security purposes. the button thins to 3.5mm but it's not that thin. oh well.

secondly, the basket claw was my second choice of prong settings. i was hoping for something with less metal surrounding the center stone. oh well. i'm still quite happy with it.

i guess suggestions wasn't the right choice of words.

i haven't proposed yet and i haven't let her see it yet but i know the wedding band will be 10 princess channel set and it will be flush. i asked the goldsmith to raise the center a little higher.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2006 12:11:36 AM
Author: ayng
thanks everyone for the comments. i was looking for everyone''s expertise when i posted this ring because my initial choice of the band was for it to be slimmer. it is currently 3.8mm and i was hoping for around 3.0mm. but the goldsmith i was dealing with said the shoulder diamonds needed to have an edge to channel for security purposes. the button thins to 3.5mm but it''s not that thin. oh well.

secondly, the basket claw was my second choice of prong settings. i was hoping for something with less metal surrounding the center stone. oh well. i''m still quite happy with it.

i guess suggestions wasn''t the right choice of words.

i haven''t proposed yet and i haven''t let her see it yet but i know the wedding band will be 10 princess channel set and it will be flush. i asked the goldsmith to raise the center a little higher.
ayng-I think you could get someone to shave it down a little bit. The channel shoulders are thick enough right now to do this (in my unprofessional opinion.)

The basket itself is ok, I think. You need to protect the corners from impact (possibility of chipping.)

ayng

Rough_Rock
ayng-I think you could get someone to shave it down a little bit. The channel shoulders are thick enough right now to do this (in my unprofessional opinion.)

The basket itself is ok, I think. You need to protect the corners from impact (possibility of chipping.)

julien, thanks for the comments. i agree with you on the corners from impact. originally the goldsmith was going to use 19K for my first choice head as my broker suggest it. my first choice was a rounder basket with 4 prongs, not claws but it turns out that the goldsmith could not secure it as 19K was too hard and he didn''t want to damage the diamond. so he used platinum instead (no extra charge to me as i had a handshake agreement with my broker).

i''ll see if my soon-to-be-fiance will like it? she did want a 3mm diameter but she also wanted a princess solitaire. i wanted the channel set and i thought it would be enhancing to the center stone but i think the stone itself has enough fire that it doesn''t need to be enhanced. overall, i''m quite happy with it.

i''m sure the goldsmith can shave the sides a little and slim down the base some more but i''ll see what she likes and i''ll see how it will match with the wedding band. i think right now, the band and the ring will be flush.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!! Way to go!!!
It is a very beautiful ring, and looks lovely on her hand!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS presentation for an engagement ring and proposal!!!! That last shot of her hand and the flowers - GORGEOUS. The stone and ring look so amazing in that shot!!! Congrats.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! The ring is gorgeous and looks lovely on her hand!! Those flowers are amazing!! Best wishes to you both!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Icy white perfection! Congrats! It looks gorgeous on her hand.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement! Does she love the ring? I''m betting yes!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I too LOVE the presentation box for the ring box and ring. it''s just gorgeous and the ring looks fabulous on her.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pics, the ring looks just lovely on her hand! Congratulations!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful way to present the ring. Congratulations!

ayng

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 10:13:59 AM
Author: KristyDarling
It''s so beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement! Does she love the ring? I''m betting yes!

yeah, she loves it but she was so surprised the first words that came out of her mouth when she opened the e-ring box was "are you ****ing kidding me?!!!"

priceless...
9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The ring is beautiful, and it looks perfect on her hand!! Congrats!!!!!!!
36.gif

ayng

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 2:02:13 PM
Author: Sophie
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats and it looks great on her hand! What is her ring size, it looks huge!!!

her ring size is 6.5

the video is up now: www3.telus.net/ansonng/Engagement/Engagement Video.wmv

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I love the last shot. The box presentation for the proposal is just perfect! Congrats on the engagement! The stone looks like it has quite a personality! Good job! (with the ring and the photos!
2.gif
)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a cute video. Best of luck to you both.

Who was the first person she called to give the big news to???

ayng

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 11:43:32 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
What a cute video. Best of luck to you both.

Who was the first person she called to give the big news to???

she called her sister first. it was quite a shock to her system that she just called whoever popped into her mind! we actually went to all our friends and family individually to inform them of the news.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any pictures of it with the wedding band??

Congrats on the engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results