shape
carat
color
clarity

POLL: Which alternating band for my cushion halo ring?

Which ring to go with my cushion halo ring?

• 1. Alternating band u have is good.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • 2. I think the band should have bigger stones.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I have a better idea.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I have an alternating ring and it says it measures 2.5mm, but I saw this ring (Amy's Bling) from ID Jewelry. I really like the elegance of the baguettes with the rounds and you really see the diamonds. In the one I have (purchased years ago) it is about a half-carat of diamonds, so they are smaller, but it sort of goes with the pave on my e-ring, but if u know me, I LOVE BLING.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-bands.51825/page-6']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-bands.51825/page-6[/URL]

I have a plain pave band but I am liking the alternating style to add some flair and unique-ness to my set.

What do you think? Do you like the one I have or is the ID one better? I also saw one that is alternating smaller/larger bezel circle stones and same size circle bezel stones, but I like the baguettes better I think.

Thanks! :wavey:

This is the other ring I was thinking of: http://idjewelryonline.com/popup_image.php?pID=71727&osCsid=q9ihuvuml2b6c6ft7jk2ju0g13

P.S. I am confused though - the ID ring above says it's 1.8mm (they told me via online), and if mine is 2.5, how can that be? Mine is narrow enough, do u think that Amy's ring will be thinner than the ring I have or wider??? :confused: ;(

img_4791.jpg

img_4793.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What says that your ring is 2.5 mm? Have you measured it with calipers? If the ID Jewelry one is 1.8mm, it is even smaller than the 2mm one by Beverley K and the BK has about .90 cts of diamonds. That ring is still small, so I wouldn't consider going smaller than that. If your ring is truly 2.5mm wide, it must have really tiny diamonds. I don't think you'll gain a blingier look with a thinner IDJ band.

I recently tried on a sample BK band with the baguettes but it had sapphires. You can get an idea of the size, though.

_18980.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted to alternate bands. I think it's fun to change out the look of your rings. Thinner bands have smaller stones which photograph well and often look larger than they do in real life. The only way to know if you'll like that look is try some on and see what you like. I really like the alternating round and baguette band.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think I prefer the band you have over the one from IDJ - I just think the shape is very complementary to your ering, the IDJ one seems like it would be too angular, or something. And I think the width of your current band is perfect. I wish I could photoshop to see the IDJ next to your ering lol. I think you will get a slightly different look from the idj band, but not necessarily a blingier one.

That said, if you want to get an extra band just to change the look of your set a little and mix things up a bit, then the baguette band will fit the bill. It's certainly a very pretty band and will look nice with your halo.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the one you are wearing! I also like the matching one you have. If you can keep this one and the ID one, and alternate, that would be the better option. But since you are asking us to choose, it's kind of hard to bc I think you can't go wrong with either.

I have a lot of different bands that create a contrast with my e-ring, but I buy them off ebay, so I don't spend a lot on them. However, I will say that after wearing them a few days, the novelty wears off, and I'm on the hunt again. I have collected 6 so far, and most of the time, I wear my ering alone! The bands don't particularly look good stacked with one another on my right finger bc it is fatter than my left, so the bands just sit there! So moral of the story? Make sure you are not just becoming addicted to buying bands, and if you are, make sure you are not investing a lot of money, unless you have money to burn or can stack them on the right.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvdiamonds2|1402238295|3688828 said:
I have an alternating ring and it says it measures 2.5mm, but I saw this ring (Amy's Bling) from ID Jewelry. I really like the elegance of the baguettes with the rounds and you really see the diamonds. In the one I have (purchased years ago) it is about a half-carat of diamonds, so they are smaller, but it sort of goes with the pave on my e-ring, but if u know me, I LOVE BLING.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-bands.51825/page-6']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-bands.51825/page-6[/URL]

I have a plain pave band but I am liking the alternating style to add some flair and unique-ness to my set.

What do you think? Do you like the one I have or is the ID one better? I also saw one that is alternating smaller/larger bezel circle stones and same size circle bezel stones, but I like the baguettes better I think.

Thanks! :wavey:

This is the other ring I was thinking of: http://idjewelryonline.com/popup_image.php?pID=71727&osCsid=q9ihuvuml2b6c6ft7jk2ju0g13

P.S. I am confused though - the ID ring above says it's 1.8mm (they told me via online), and if mine is 2.5, how can that be? Mine is narrow enough, do u think that Amy's ring will be thinner than the ring I have or wider??? :confused: ;(

I like the one you're wearing in the two photos better than the IDJ... I like how the two shapes are well defined and don't look like one line running together. I love the alternating bands as well, but the different shapes are more interesting and show up better to my eyes. :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is like a "baby version" of yours with sapphires, so I'm a bit biased. ;-)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1402266854.jpg

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
OMG thanks to you all for writing your responses!!!! I love the rings in the pics too. I wore it today and I think it looked pretty good together. I think you guys just saved me over a thousand dollars!!!!! ;))

I see your point about how the ID might look angular and also like a straighter line.

Thanks u guys!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvdiamonds2|1402273115|3689039 said:
OMG thanks to you all for writing your responses!!!! I love the rings in the pics too. I wore it today and I think it looked pretty good together. I think you guys just saved me over a thousand dollars!!!!! ;))

I see your point about how the ID might look angular and also like a straighter line.

:appl:

Honestly, it looks great iluvdiamonds2!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1402273701|3689043 said:

+1!!! I love your existing set. Simply stunning.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1402273701|3689043 said:

-

Thanks Junebug! And thanks to Achion too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The IDJ band is really pretty!

My only thought is that it looks fairly similar to the ring you have (which I love too). But if you love it, and prefer it over the one you have, go for it! The diamonds probably are bigger in the IDJ band and it will look great with your ring.

Eta: How are you feeling about your new setting? I hope you're loving it because it looks beautiful on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results