shape
carat
color
clarity

Please post your creative / original / unique pics!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure many of you recall the thread that ran for a while where folks would post their SMTB photos that were a little different, quirky, creative, original or funny?

I for one would very much like to see a revival of such a thread, as I have been noticing some really lovely and unique photographs around lately :appl:

No restrictions on what type of jewellery to post or anything else, and please feel free to post if it is simply your favourite photo of your piece - more the merrier.

My apologies as I don't have anything really new to kick off the thread, but I look forward to seeing others' contributions, thanks in advance for sharing! :wavey:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my unique necklace, it was made for my 30th birthday back in the early 1990's, my MIL that was dying of cancer had it made for me. It is 14k and the little circle is on a ball bearing and it spins around, the diamond it just a little 2 or 3 pointer and not the best quality, but she had it taken out of some old jewelry that she had and put it in here. I love this necklace and I think of her everytime I wear it.

necklace 141.JPG

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
This should be a fun thread. I just had my 5 year anniversary and came here to get inspiration for my gift. While searching the forums I have seen a few creative pictures that I have really enjoyed looking at. I saw one where someone put ther ring on a cactus, ouch! Another used a lego lady to hold up her ring, this ring was a 5 stone rose gold Brian Gavin ring, which gave me the inspiration for my ring. I am getting a Rose Gold Brian Gavin Nightingale which is currently in production (this is going to be a long 2 weeks..haha :loopy: ) My wheels are turning for reveal picture ideas. Couple of others I loved were stacked pebbles and the ring on top, and a ring set on top of pearls.. Can't wait to see all the lovely pics...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opps, I didnt read this all the way, I am, sorry you wanted creative photography, not jewerly pieces, I am sorry, I cant delete my thread now, its beyond the timeframe, sorry about my goof :oops:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
AJ thanks for giving me another excuse to take pics of my ring! I will try to come up with something really cool and will be back to post it! in the meantime looking forward to seeing everyone's pics :) :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'll play...

LW-ACAwithRifle2.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Not super unique but I love the blingage -

file.jpg

I love these two:

file.jpg

file.jpg

My creative pic (or at least my attempt!) :

file.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I nominate all of Andelain's...

:Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my favourite pic to date...

Attachments

• yssie.jpeg
    871.9 KB · Views: 3,140

stci

Ideal_Rock
Andelain said:
I'll play...

OMG! How horrible and violent background! :nono:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
stci said:
Andelain said:
I'll play...

:confused:

Did I miss something here? It's a gun. Maybe Andelain is military. Maybe her hobby is shooting. This seems like an overreaction to me, unless I really AM missing something, in which case I apologize in advance.

ETA: Andelain IS military and in Iraq. Stci, I think your post was a huge overreaction. And even without the additional background info, I thought it was a very unique and interesting picture.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and interesting pictures everyone, please keep them coming! :appl:

I do hope all of you know I may like to borrow your ideas for my next reveal shoot :devil:

diamondrnglover: not to worry! Your pic is still pretty and I appreciate the addition none the less, it was also nice to read the sentiment behind the piece.

stci: Andelain is in the military, currently serving in Iraq. She has posted similar photos in the past.
I asked for unique, this is what she posted and I appreciate the contribution. Can we *please* reserve the judgment and drama at least for hangout, this is intended as a fun thread to admire folks' jewels and photography skills. Cheers.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love my new cell camera and taking pics at work when I'm bored. Here's mine on my staple remover.

photo2.JPG

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
stci said:
Andelain said:
I'll play...

A gun is not violent - people who misuse guns are. Thank you for the reminder of all the beautiful things and people who are serving our country. My cousin is in Iraq right now and I'd imagine that seeing her sparkly as she holds her gun would remind her of how much she is loved, missed and appriciated. :appl:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Here's mine....

Hanging out on a paperclip in the space where the corners of my dest meet :cheeky:

012.jpg

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Also my ring on my bear's nose :bigsmile:

2oihaoiaheroiheaowrihlaknher.jpg

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
PrettyLights said:
Fun topic...
Oh, this is one of the pictures that I mentioned. I love this photo and just might borrow the idea for my ring when it arrives. If I remember correctly you even had other unique photos.. :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the pics in here!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

B.E.G. said:
stci said:
Andelain said:
I'll play...

Did I miss something here? It's a gun. Maybe Andelain is military. Maybe her hobby is shooting. This seems like an overreaction to me, unless I really AM missing something, in which case I apologize in advance.

ETA: Andelain IS military and in Iraq. Stci, I think your post was a huge overreaction. And even without the additional background info, I thought it was a very unique and interesting picture.

B.E.G., Sparkly Blonde, arunajane, thank you all for standing up for me here. :wavey: I'm glad you like my pics. Yssie, I swear I'm going to make a thread full of these pics one day! Sparkly Blonde, I pray for your cousin's safe return!

stci, even if I wasn't Military and stationed in Iraq there's nothing violent about an idle gun. It's just another tool at rest. A car could be used just as violently as that rifle. I've posted several pictures of my bling with a military theme including with my issued weapon and PS'ers have commented favorably, and I intend to keep on posting pics like this. If it really bothers you then you need to put me on your 'Foes' list so you don't have to see them.

Here's another pic, this one in a BlackHawk flying around Iraq. I wish the ring was more in focus instead of my Brother-in-Arms, but I like it anyway.

LW-ACA-inFlight.jpg

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I love the one with the Sharpies. Well I LOVE Sharpies... and diamonds. That ring is BE-U-TI-FUL!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Andelain said:
I LOVE the pics in here!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

B.E.G. said:
stci said:
Andelain said:
I'll play...

B.E.G., Sparkly Blonde, arunajane, thank you all for standing up for me here. :wavey: I'm glad you like my pics. Yssie, I swear I'm going to make a thread full of these pics one day! Sparkly Blonde, I pray for your cousin's safe return!

stci, even if I wasn't Military and stationed in Iraq there's nothing violent about an idle gun. It's just another tool at rest. A car could be used just as violently as that rifle. I've posted several pictures of my bling with a military theme including with my issued weapon and PS'ers have commented favorably, and I intend to keep on posting pics like this. If it really bothers you then you need to put me on your 'Foes' list so you don't have to see them.

Here's another pic, this one in a BlackHawk flying around Iraq. I wish the ring was more in focus instead of my Brother-in-Arms, but I like it anyway.

Andelain, thank you for your service to our country! I was wondering about the first picture you posted, I was thinking it was a gun show, but then again I am not sure if those type of guns would be at a gun show..haha! I love your second picture that shows your Brother-in-Arms. It truly is a great picture, I don't have the right words to explain it other then thank you!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
lovemybling said:
I love the one with the Sharpies. Well I LOVE Sharpies... and diamonds. That ring is BE-U-TI-FUL!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you :appl: I love coloring with sharpies :tongue:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I hope no one minds if I add to the thread..

Not particularly creative, but I'm happy with these ones of my new Rhodolite garnets. ::)

DSC08105rs.JPG

DSC08150bright.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know, with PS2.0 do we no longer need to ensure are photo files are under a certain size before posting? (as in, PS now modifies the photo for you).

I noticed lots of different file sizes in this thread, however I've still been re-sizing all of mine like a mug!

Does someone know the answer on this please?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Bev K eternity band hanging from my husband's lure making thing-a-ma-bob.

IMG_0895_2.jpeg.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The embroidery on one of my husband's fishing hats was the same color as my new blue spinel. This picture also represents our two hobbies.

IMG_1734.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results