shape
carat
color
clarity

Play date with Jewels by Grace and Gypsy - PIC OVERLOAD

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy and I really lucked out to get to spend the whole day with Grace and her wonderful husband at the Hillsborough Antique Faire. So here some the pics.

1. Missy's ring, well, lets just say she's working on it.
2. Gypsy's Steven Kirsch halo. I fall in love every time I see it. No, it's not for sale.
3 and 4. Are you sitting down? 5-6 carat marquise. I am NOT a marquise person and this was...words fail. Lively, bright, blinging ALL OVER. It's flashing from miles away. Yeah. I could wear that everyday.

img_13356.jpg

img_13357.jpg

img_13358.jpg

img_13359.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Super fiery 2.5ish K. Almost the most fiery and well cut stone there. I think Gypsy adopted her already.
2. Colombian in an Art Deco setting. Charming and sweet. Major finger appeal.
3. Don't know specs. Very pretty stone in setting. Around 2 carats.
4. Cute cushion in bezel.

img_13360.jpg

img_13361.jpg

img_13362.jpg

img_13363.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. chubby pear in a halo, stunning, almost 2 carats
2. Pretty OEC.
3. Beautiful delicate daisy ring
4. Almost Sebastian barier, not quite, stunning emerald halo.

img_13364.jpg

img_13365.jpg

img_13366.jpg

img_13367.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Side view of asscher-girl inspired emerald halo
2. Very sparkly cool kite-ish cut ring. Weird what is appealing irl but this guy way cool and super fiery and with super cool faceting. I would wear that as a RHR with some serious attitude.
3. Stunning and super sparkly pin from another vendor. I can see putting that on my boring black coats.
4. Fiery 3 stone. Damn. Say it with me. WALLOFBLING.

img_13368.jpg

img_13369.jpg

img_13370.jpg

img_13371.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My absolute favorite pieces there. Almost 7 carats total. I won't even tell you guys the color until the end. Missy, shhhhh!!

img_13372.jpg

img_13374.jpg

img_13375.jpg

img_13373.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those drop earrings! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dangling earrings held O/P stones. They were amazing. If I didn't see them IRL I would never believe a white facing O/P stone. Oh well. Hard to believe even when seeing them myself.

1 & 2 This next one is the most beautiful cushiony OEC ever. I should have tried to take a better pic of it. But the faceting was super crisp and symmetrical. I really loved it. I think I would love it more out of the halo, but it is spectacular as a whole piece.

3 and 4. Mike Robinson piece. I don't have any clue who he is but the piece is magical.

img_13382.jpg

img_13383.jpg

img_13384.jpg

img_13385.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Wow! Beautiful pieces. Wanted to go to show however, I have company from out of the country and they would find me to be quite strange if i asked them to go to a jewelry show! Thank you for sharing. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the pics! :love: :love: :love:

My personal favourites are the Daisy ring and the O/P drop earrings.

DK :love: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky ladies!! All of these are stunning & I would be happy to re-home ANY of them :love:

So come on LLJ! What were the specs on those amazing earrings??!!!!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Wonderful pictures, thank you !! :love: :love: :love:

And oh-no I really want those earrings.. :shock:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1478337899|4093974 said:
Lucky ladies!! All of these are stunning & I would be happy to re-home ANY of them :love:

So come on LLJ! What were the specs on those amazing earrings??!!!!!!

Alex T, they were a little over 3 carats and each and O/P. Does not include the smaller stones on top. Not sure about clarity but no big glaring spot jumped out at me. I am guessing that if anyone were to buy this they would ask Grace to get them certed, just FYI. I cannot wrap by brain around why they were so sparkly and brilliant. Grace said that these O/P stones are very hard to find. So white facing and so well cut. They are way out of my price range but they have been etched in my memory forever.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, if anyone wants a close up of any piece let me know. I'll repost.

NOw that I've had time to sleep on it, this is what still stands out in my mind/heart. So inorder of COMPLETELY BLOWING ME AWAY.

1. Those drop earrings. I think Grace said $37k.
2. Cushion OEC in ruby halo. 3.12 or 3.18 carats. I can still see the facet patterning in my minds eye. Still. Each facet seemed perfectly sharp, clear, symmetrical. I cannot understand how these vendors have such an amazing eye?!?! I could walk right past that piece and not notice it. And then she gives it to you and you look. Phew. Gotta breathe. $27k at the show.
3. The 2.5ish K OEC with the baguettes on the side. That thing is a constant light show. Cannot turn it off. $15k at the show, I think.

Omg if I had to do my ering over again...

Btw Missy, I didn't include your 4.93 because I already think of it as yours. That is just BEYOND.... :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478353160|4093990 said:

NOw that I've had time to sleep on it, this is what still stands out in my mind/heart. So inorder of COMPLETELY BLOWING ME AWAY.

2. Cushion OEC in ruby halo. 3.12 or 3.18 carats. I can still see the facet patterning in my minds eye. Still. Each facet seemed perfectly sharp, clear, symmetrical. I cannot understand how these vendors have such an amazing eye?!?! I could walk right past that piece and not notice it. And then she gives it to you and you look. Phew. Gotta breathe. $27k at the show.
3. The 2.5ish K OEC with the baguettes on the side. That thing is a constant light show. Cannot turn it off. $15k at the show, I think.

Btw Missy, I didn't include your 4.93 because I already think of it as yours. That is just BEYOND.... :lol:

Just because I can't help myself, tell me what you'd do for an ering if there was a do over!!

I bet you girls had a blast with all these pretty sparklies - first hand pics from folks who were there are just the best! Thanks so much for sharing all of these pictures with us!!

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great photos. I'm going to the show today, now I can prepare my shopping list in advance. :angel:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :wavey: amazing eyecandy, thank you for the pics!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1478354422|4093996 said:

Just because I can't help myself, tell me what you'd do for an ering if there was a do over!!

I bet you girls had a blast with all these pretty sparklies - first hand pics from folks who were there are just the best! Thanks so much for sharing all of these pictures with us!!

MGR, you always have the best advice, and the toughest questions. I showed Grace Missy (I named my OEC, btw.) and asked her if she had a higher color with the same sparkle and fire. She asked me if I was bothered by the color. I honestly say NO. I just think I SHOULD have a higher colored stone. She tells me I have mental color issues, which is true and correct. She tells me in all seriousness that Missy is an amazingly well cut OEC and really beautiful and doesn't think it will be easy to find another stone, around the same size, that is as much of a performer as Missy, at a higher color. She thinks I am not loving my setting which is bleeding over to affect my view point of my stone.

Ok. So I've been officially diagnosed by a bling doctor. :lol: Remember you said I should give myself permission to love and enjoy this stone? I'm getting closer. :D This is pretty close to my ideal OEC. BUT, I also saw that CRAZY cushiony OEC that was in the ruby halo. I can't get that one out of my mind. I do realize I love cushion shapes, but I love the OEC pattern much more than the cushion facet pattern. So my ideal would be a cushiony shaped OEC. I love that stone so much I want to go back today to take better pictures. I miss it.

So if I had to do it over, that's what I would look for. 3-4 carats, cushiony shaped OEC J-L, that blows your socks off. I am stunned and quite humbled by the amazing variety of OECs. The accountant in me reels at being unable to follow color rules and facet measurements to determine the most beautiful. You have to use your eyes, and that is the most scary and most fun. And you so need to rely on your bling sisters (and brothers, Hi Adam!) to give you reassurance. Well, I do at least. What is crazy is that it took me almost 4 years to get here, from my MRB upgrade to these amazing old cuts.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back today and got better pictures.

img_13443.jpg

img_13444.jpg

img_13445.jpg

img_13446.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's like every PSers dream day!! :love: :appl:

So many beauties!!! I can't ever have them, either, but I so love the diamond drop earrings with one small and one larger stone. All of it is fabulous, actually!

What's funny is you saying maybe it's your setting that you don't love, but I kept thinking as I looked at all these pics..gosh, LLJsmom's ring is SO pretty and I need to go back and see if she has close-ups of her setting! haha! So if I look and you don't, I'll be asking! And to Missy, I hope you aren't contemplating giving up Bea, because I think she is perfect!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1478313781|4093909 said:
Gypsy and I really lucked out to get to spend the whole day with Grace and her wonderful husband at the Hillsborough Antique Faire. So here some the pics.

2. Gypsy's Steven Kirsch halo. I fall in love every time I see it. No, it's not for sale.
3 and 4. Are you sitting down? 5-6 carat marquise. I am NOT a marquise person and this was...words fail. Lively, bright, blinging ALL OVER. It's flashing from miles away. Yeah. I could wear that everyday.

I'm so biased, but I LOVE that marquise. Its proportions are beautiful, the color is lovely, and it's just absolutely glamorous.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1478320879|4093946 said:
The dangling earrings held O/P stones. They were amazing. If I didn't see them IRL I would never believe a white facing O/P stone. Oh well. Hard to believe even when seeing them myself.

1 & 2 This next one is the most beautiful cushiony OEC ever. I should have tried to take a better pic of it. But the faceting was super crisp and symmetrical. I really loved it. I think I would love it more out of the halo, but it is spectacular as a whole piece.

3 and 4. Mike Robinson piece. I don't have any clue who he is but the piece is magical.

I can't believe you got to see the Lotus Ring by Mark Robinson! I'm not familiar with him, either. I got to vote in the JbG poll on Instagram for that ring, and I can't believe how substantial of a statement it is. It's so hefty and solid! I love how it turned out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478380469|4094215 said:
I went back today and got better pictures.

ohmanOOOhman

I LOVE these. especially the diamond halo..... :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

thanks for sharing :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! that was beautiful.. so beautiful all of the rings!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy pics! I declined trying those honker drops of Grace's because I didn't want to end up attached to them and have to leave the show in NY kicking and screaming. How you managed to try them on and walk away with them - you are a stronger woman than I, LLJSmom

Do you have pics from other vendors? Did you score any goodies?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1478364995|4094106 said:

MGR, you always have the best advice, and the toughest questions. I showed Grace Missy (I named my OEC, btw.) and asked her if she had a higher color with the same sparkle and fire. She asked me if I was bothered by the color. I honestly say NO. I just think I SHOULD have a higher colored stone. She tells me I have mental color issues, which is true and correct. She tells me in all seriousness that Missy is an amazingly well cut OEC and really beautiful and doesn't think it will be easy to find another stone, around the same size, that is as much of a performer as Missy, at a higher color. She thinks I am not loving my setting which is bleeding over to affect my view point of my stone.

Ok. So I've been officially diagnosed by a bling doctor. :lol: Remember you said I should give myself permission to love and enjoy this stone? I'm getting closer. :D This is pretty close to my ideal OEC. BUT, I also saw that CRAZY cushiony OEC that was in the ruby halo. I can't get that one out of my mind. I do realize I love cushion shapes, but I love the OEC pattern much more than the cushion facet pattern. So my ideal would be a cushiony shaped OEC. I love that stone so much I want to go back today to take better pictures. I miss it.

So if I had to do it over, that's what I would look for. 3-4 carats, cushiony shaped OEC J-L, that blows your socks off. I am stunned and quite humbled by the amazing variety of OECs. The accountant in me reels at being unable to follow color rules and facet measurements to determine the most beautiful. You have to use your eyes, and that is the most scary and most fun. And you so need to rely on your bling sisters (and brothers, Hi Adam!) to give you reassurance. Well, I do at least. What is crazy is that it took me almost 4 years to get here, from my MRB upgrade to these amazing old cuts.

I love when you write out your thoughts - you are thoughtful and honest and I sometimes think it helps you to sort out fact from emotion. What is the color of the cushiony OEC? It does indeed have great faceting but so does your stone. Isn't it so crazy how we get hung up on a color letter and yet love the stone? I guess that falls into the mind clean category and it's just such a shame that we have to have ALL of the boxes checked to feel that we have a great stone - no matter that we love it!! LOL!

I too think it is the numbers and precision of MRB's that keep me enthralled. For you not to be able to trust the numbers so to speak - and you trust them every day in your line of work - that has to be painful. However, there are many things in life we cannot quantify but rather blindly accept - like love!! And sometimes those are the very best things we have!

Now that Grace has an idea of exactly what you would be looking for, go enjoy your stone and be secure in the knowledge that if she ever finds such a thing - yours will be the first number she calls - ha! This lets you enjoy what you have without entirely closing the door on the possibility. Your mind is always churning and the what ifs always calling but thus far your journey has worked out well. Have faith in the sparkles!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marquise_Madness|1478384451|4094237 said:
LLJsmom|1478313781|4093909 said:

I'm so biased, but I LOVE that marquise. Its proportions are beautiful, the color is lovely, and it's just absolutely glamorous.

perfect word: Glamorous

Also, BOLD, MODERN. I never thought I would describe a marquise as modern, but it was to me.

Marquise_Madness said:
It looks like Mike Robinson drew inspiration by the ever beautiful Queen Mother's Lotus Flower Tiara.

Here is the sketch options that Mike Robinson and JbG had.

And the beautiful tiara!

No wonder. I put it on, and boy did it have heft. It felt like a queen should be wearing it. It looked like a crown for your finger. I would think that it could be an investment piece, or am I totally wrong? It felt like it should be displayed behind a five sided glass case. No joke. I felt UNWORTHY. :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1478389799|4094280 said:
LLJsmom|1478364995|4094106 said:

I love when you write out your thoughts - you are thoughtful and honest and I sometimes think it helps you to sort out fact from emotion. What is the color of the cushiony OEC? It does indeed have great faceting but so does your stone. Isn't it so crazy how we get hung up on a color letter and yet love the stone? I guess that falls into the mind clean category and it's just such a shame that we have to have ALL of the boxes checked to feel that we have a great stone - no matter that we love it!! LOL!

I too think it is the numbers and precision of MRB's that keep me enthralled. For you not to be able to trust the numbers so to speak - and you trust them every day in your line of work - that has to be painful. However, there are many things in life we cannot quantify but rather blindly accept - like love!! And sometimes those are the very best things we have!

Now that Grace has an idea of exactly what you would be looking for, go enjoy your stone and be secure in the knowledge that if she ever finds such a thing - yours will be the first number she calls - ha! This lets you enjoy what you have without entirely closing the door on the possibility. Your mind is always churning and the what ifs always calling but thus far your journey has worked out well. Have faith in the sparkles!!

Thank you MGR. You are like my bling guru/therapist. Do I need to send you a check? Thank you. I think I have a tag line in life. "Have faith in the sparkles." The wisest words of all.

Your ring keeps me thinking about three stones. Ok but I won't go there. One step at a time. I LOVE your ring MGR. I love that you know yourself and know what you love and keep on being true to yourself. Its beautiful and classic and precise and strong. I don't know you very well but is that like you? ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results